NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

I think in 2020 when the NFL reaches its 50th anniversary of the merger, for one season all teams should wear throwbacks of what they wore when the merger occurred (1970).

Yes I'm aware of the teams that didn't exist in 1970... That's why there are such things as Fauxbacks.

That's an awesome idea, even if they just did it for a couple weeks of the year. And any team who wasn't around during that time could wear their original uniforms?

I think the NFL can be smart enough to come up with fauxbacks for the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Panthers, Jaguars, Ravens, and Texans

The Bucs and the Seahawks should just wear their original uniforms.
makes sense since they were both founded in 1976

No I meant their original uniforms, for example, these for the Jaguars because it was their original unis

smith-mccardell.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither of those were the originals. (though they may be one of the best football uniforms of all time). These were...

14-keenan-mccardell-1995-jacksonville-ja

s568872814488652156_p9739_i1_w1100.jpeg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think in 2020 when the NFL reaches its 50th anniversary of the merger, for one season all teams should wear throwbacks of what they wore when the merger occurred (1970).

Yes I'm aware of the teams that didn't exist in 1970... That's why there are such things as Fauxbacks.

That's an awesome idea, even if they just did it for a couple weeks of the year. And any team who wasn't around during that time could wear their original uniforms?

I think the NFL can be smart enough to come up with fauxbacks for the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Panthers, Jaguars, Ravens, and Texans

But will the NFL allow teams to wear throw/faux backs in the playoffs, ala the 1994 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX?

Found it

wEpqz03.jpg

Awesome screen grab, and great job by Fox...but it reminds of the fan made crests that have been mentioned on these boards over the past couple years.

Ding ding ding! They're from the "Football as Football" series (http://www.footballasfootball.com/). Apparently Fox reached out to them to use them for that game. Pretty cool.

I've seen a bunch of those crossover or "nfl reimagined" logos, but I feel like I've somehow missed this one. A lot of those are brilliant. (Wish they worked on the MLS rebrand)

But will the NFL allow teams to wear throw/faux backs in the playoffs, ala the 1994 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX?
If this plan were to happen for the whole year then most likely it would happen

Found it

wEpqz03.jpg

Awesome screen grab, and great job by Fox...but it reminds of the fan made crests that have been mentioned on these boards over the past couple years.

Ding ding ding! They're from the "Football as Football" series (http://www.footballasfootball.com/). Apparently Fox reached out to them to use them for that game. Pretty cool.

I've seen a bunch of those crossover or "nfl reimagined" logos, but I feel like I've somehow missed this one. A lot of those are brilliant. (Wish they worked on the MLS rebrand)

Found it

wEpqz03.jpg

That's pretty awesome. If I were the designer of those logos, I would be pretty stoked.

gYH2mW9.png

Oh my gosh guys, yes I know the league existed before 1966. It was a joke. I've heard of the Lions winning old NFL championships. Just wanted to see how everyone reacted.

So... You were trolling, and are somehow surprised that you got a reaction?

Or he didn't know and is pretending that he did?

Go A's!

I noticed today that some Browns have skully caps on the sideline featuring gray stripes. Does this foreshadow the rumored addition of gray to the uniforms next year? (Or does it just reflect its current presence in the template as the facemask color?)

It doesn't look bad, but I still worry gray will muddy the look while adding nothing. And there's more gray than brown...I dread the update.

457910064.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8

457910064.jpg?v=1&g=fs2%7C0%7Ceditorial1

I noticed today that some Browns have skully caps on the sideline featuring gray stripes. Does this foreshadow the rumored addition of gray to the uniforms next year? (Or does it just reflect its current presence in the template as the facemask color?)

It doesn't look bad, but I still worry gray will muddy the look while adding nothing. And there's more gray than brown...I dread the update.

457910064.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8

457910064.jpg?v=1&g=fs2%7C0%7Ceditorial1

Thats just the style of the hat. They all use a grey background.

There was a clip of the cowboys doing a promo appearance in London yesterday and they had ads on their white game jerseys. I have to think this is a 1st and is definitely a test of things likely to come. They will likely wait for the nba to take the lead and absorb most of the outrage but get ready for your favorite team's corporate sponsor to be on the upper right chest.

Archived