NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

And on another note, the friends I have up in Philadelphia all LOVE the black jerseys; I don't get it.

I went to school at Illinois. A good portion of the fanbase was thrilled by Nike giving us a gray and white uniform, which completely omitted what is now the school's primary color (orange). In short, people are dumb and have short attention spans. The Eagles have been wearing green for about 70 years. They should always wear green. Just like the Giants wearing red jerseys, even once a year is wrong when you play 8 games at home. People who loved the black jerseys should root for the Steelers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm being serious but how have you guys ever confused the Eagles green jersey for the black? I seen this posted numerous times.

For me, it's the other way around. I've seem highlights of them in their black alts and it took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't just their usual drab uniform.

The dolphins need more green - and more shine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That picture is ridiculous. The Dolphins looked like festering anus, but we knew they would. But look at their socks, which were horribly flawed in the idea stage. Every single set of socks looks horrendous in practice, and every player has his own look. Guys are wearing 3-4 different sets of socks pulled to various heights. It's ridiculous. The NFL needs to put its foot down and say that socks are the uniform. You either wear the uniform the way your supposed to, or you don't see the field. I mean, you don't have guys wearing a pair of cut-off pants over their jersey pants, or guys wearing a long-sleeved jersey under their armpit-showing jersey. Players could still wear tights under their socks if they need the extra warms (which they don't in Miami in November), but what's in that picture should never see the field again. And that's before you even address the stupidity that is the Bills' socks!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Anniversary patches we should expect for next year...

Ravens 20th Anniversary

Buccaneers and Seahawks 40th Anniversary

Falcons and Dolphins 50th Anniversary

Vikings 55th Anniversary

49ers and Browns 70th Anniversary

I'm a little bit disappointed the Cardinals didn't have a 25 Years in Arizona patch last year or in 2012.

You're confusing seasons with anniversaries.

It won't be the Ravens' 20th Anniversary in 2015. It's the 20th season (Season 1 was in 1996).

It won't be the Buccaneers' and Seahawks' 40th anniversary for the same reason.

The Dolphins' 50th season will be next year. Their 50th anniversary will be 2016.

When the hard math ends in a 0 or a 5, it's an anniversary (2015-1955=60=60th anniversary). When the math ends in a 4 or a 9, it's a season (2015-1956=59=60th season).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ravens 20th Anniversary

Vikings 55th Anniversary

I've always hated the idea that every ten year mark (let alone 5 year marks... ridiculous!) needs some kind of acknowledgment. The first 10 years, 25 years, 50 years, 75 years. and 100 years... I get those. Everything else is just pointless.

Ravens 20th Anniversary

Vikings 55th Anniversary

I've always hated the idea that every ten year mark (let alone 5 year marks... ridiculous!) needs some kind of acknowledgment. The first 10 years, 25 years, 50 years, 75 years. and 100 years... I get those. Everything else is just pointless.

Maybe it's just me (not likely on these boards), but it seems NFL teams are less egregious with patches than MLB or NHL. The mid-level anniversaries may be in NFL media and advertising, but rarely on the jerseys. Usually NFL jersey patches are for the important anniversaries.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I just don't get those blue topped socks. Weird, they need some orange. And the Bills still could do better with white topped socks with the blue pants combo.

tempAP956685702507--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Good points about Miami. It reminds me of the Chargers in 1988 when they first de-emphasized their yellow.

That picture is ridiculous. The Dolphins looked like festering anus, but we knew they would. But look at their socks, which were horribly flawed in the idea stage. Every single set of socks looks horrendous in practice, and every player has his own look. Guys are wearing 3-4 different sets of socks pulled to various heights. It's ridiculous. The NFL needs to put its foot down and say that socks are the uniform. You either wear the uniform the way your supposed to, or you don't see the field. I mean, you don't have guys wearing a pair of cut-off pants over their jersey pants, or guys wearing a long-sleeved jersey under their armpit-showing jersey. Players could still wear tights under their socks if they need the extra warms (which they don't in Miami in November), but what's in that picture should never see the field again. And that's before you even address the stupidity that is the Bills' socks!

Maybe a good plan of action would be to create like 2-3 pairs of socks w different color lengths, like cutoff jerseys vs full sleeves, so that the guys can make their own look while still remaining semi-uniform with each other.

Ravens 20th Anniversary

Vikings 55th Anniversary

I'm a little bit disappointed the Cardinals didn't have a 25 Years in Arizona patch last year or in 2012.

You're confusing seasons with anniversaries.

It won't be the Ravens' 20th Anniversary in 2015. It's the 20th season (Season 1 was in 1996).

It won't be the Buccaneers' and Seahawks' 40th anniversary for the same reason.

The Dolphins' 50th season will be next year. Their 50th anniversary will be 2016.

When the hard math ends in a 0 or a 5, it's an anniversary (2015-1955=60=60th anniversary). When the math ends in a 4 or a 9, it's a season (2015-1956=59=60th season).

Bucs recognized 30 seasons in 2005, so if they go for 40th, the patch will be worn in 2015.

Archived