NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

I think orange jerseys with navy pants is terrible no matter what set it's in. It's not the look of a professional team. It's the look of a high school team which could only afford one set of pants, so they went with navy because they're easier to keep clean.

I'm surprised the Broncos didn't end up making an orange set of pants to pair with the white jerseys, as was suggested/rumored a few years bTVack. I think they would have looked really nice with the road jersey, and done a lot to liven up a bland look that features barely any of what is now their primary color. However, I'm glad they didn't get orange pants, because that would have just lead to orange monochrome nonsense.

You're saying that if a team wants to wear orange over navy they look like "a high school team that can only afford one set of pants"? That's extraordinarily stupid

Yes. I'm saying it looks bad as a football uniform. Each sport has its historic aesthetics, whether you care to admit it or not. Baseball teams don't wear light lids (or white!) with dark jerseys, but football teams do. Basketball teams wear matching tops and bottoms, but it is awful when football teams do it. There's 60+ years or modern football aesthetic that tell us what a football uniform can be. So no, that might look totally cool for rollerball or even as a hockey uniform, but it doesn't work for football.

The Titans, Ravens, and Bengals have all worn their lighter colored jersey over darker pants and it has looked fine as a NFL team. I'm not saying I personally liked those combinations, but they don't look amateurish either. I'm just not seeing the issue with orange over navy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think orange jerseys with navy pants is terrible no matter what set it's in. It's not the look of a professional team. It's the look of a high school team which could only afford one set of pants, so they went with navy because they're easier to keep clean.

I'm surprised the Broncos didn't end up making an orange set of pants to pair with the white jerseys, as was suggested/rumored a few years bTVack. I think they would have looked really nice with the road jersey, and done a lot to liven up a bland look that features barely any of what is now their primary color. However, I'm glad they didn't get orange pants, because that would have just lead to orange monochrome nonsense.

You're saying that if a team wants to wear orange over navy they look like "a high school team that can only afford one set of pants"? That's extraordinarily stupid

Yes. I'm saying it looks bad as a football uniform. Each sport has its historic aesthetics, whether you care to admit it or not. Baseball teams don't wear light lids (or white!) with dark jerseys, but football teams do. Basketball teams wear matching tops and bottoms, but it is awful when football teams do it. There's 60+ years or modern football aesthetic that tell us what a football uniform can be. So no, that might look totally cool for rollerball or even as a hockey uniform, but it doesn't work for football.

The Titans, Ravens, and Bengals have all worn their lighter colored jersey over darker pants and it has looked fine as a NFL team. I'm not saying I personally liked those combinations, but they don't look amateurish either. I'm just not seeing the issue with orange over navy.

Well, that is debatable, to say the least.

I'm surprised the Broncos didn't end up making an orange set of pants to pair with the white jerseys, as was suggested/rumored a few years back. I think they would have looked really nice with the road jersey, and done a lot to liven up a bland look that features barely any of what is now their primary color. However, I'm glad they didn't get orange pants, because that would have just lead to orange monochrome nonsense.

I like the helmets, I think the font and logos are very good......I'd be pleased as punch if the Broncos would just take the 1997 striping off the jerseys and pants.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Agreed. The NFC East would have some excellent visual match-ups. Especially if Dallas would ever decide on one blue and one silver for their identity.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Another Eagles rumor of Kelly Green...

http://www.phlsports...n-ones-by-2016/

Lets just say that report has some serious holes in it. I am sure Manny the Sporting Goods man, is right on the money.

The Eagles are gonna go to the trouble of adding black pants to their set, only to eliminate the black jerseys next year. And they aren't going to wear the midnight green jerseys at all this year (they'll be worn for the first time against Carolina in a few weeks). And a Kelly green alt will be added for 2015 (which will just go swimmingly with a midnight green helmet).

The Eagles may one day go back to Kelly green. But this report is complete garbage.

I'm surprised the Broncos didn't end up making an orange set of pants to pair with the white jerseys, as was suggested/rumored a few years back. I think they would have looked really nice with the road jersey, and done a lot to liven up a bland look that features barely any of what is now their primary color. However, I'm glad they didn't get orange pants, because that would have just lead to orange monochrome nonsense.

I disagree and I'll use the new Illinois set as a reference: the uniform on the left is beautiful. It is not as nice as the Orange-Navy-Orange, but it is definitely a 9/10.

Different+Combinations.PNG

I think those look fantastic.

That being said I think that combo for the broncos would look dumb.

Another Eagles rumor of Kelly Green...

http://www.phlsports...n-ones-by-2016/

Lets just say that report has some serious holes in it. I am sure Manny the Sporting Goods man, is right on the money.

The Eagles are gonna go to the trouble of adding black pants to their set, only to eliminate the black jerseys next year. And they aren't going to wear the midnight green jerseys at all this year (they'll be worn for the first time against Carolina in a few weeks). And a Kelly green alt will be added for 2015 (which will just go swimmingly with a midnight green helmet).

The Eagles may one day go back to Kelly green. But this report is complete garbage.

They're not going to wear their midnight green jerseys even though they just got them recently? http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/photos/photo-gallery/Behind-The-Scenes-Photo-Day/5c8137bc-b28b-4cd6-ac2c-67755aaf193b

Go A's!

If you read what I posted earlier, the Eagles are NOT switching to kelly green, and are NOT even going to have a kelly green throwback next year or even the following year.

None of these "rumors" are even legitimate sources, and some are just flat out ridiculous.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Found it

wEpqz03.jpg

Awesome screen grab, and great job by Fox...but it reminds of the fan made crests that have been mentioned on these boards over the past couple years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived