NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

If the one-helmet rule is still in place, then the 49ers are limited if they do go for a throwback. Their current set is too similar to their 80s gear and they previously wore silver, so that's out the window. It might be this, which I thought would have been good for the 20th anniversary this season.

1275.jpg

That is unless they really go back to their last set. Too soon?

Jeff_Garcia_2003.jpg

If it's an alt, gold and black would be the only two jersey options I see happening. However, black just doesn't fit their scheme as well so it has to be gold. But if they go gold, would they really want to go mono gold with their only colored pants as well? My guess is aesthetically, the throwback is likely what is going to happen.

Go A's!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would work...

uniform_1984.jpg

That's basically their current jersey, except worse striping on the sleeves and pants. It sucks on its own, and it represents an era of :censored:ty teams best remembered for a thug cheap-shotting guys with intent to injure them. I can't imagine any Packers fan wants to remember that era.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just read on Uniwatch that the 2015 Nike Catalog leaked and shows new unis for the following teams-

* Browns- home, away and alt

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

I assume the Dolphins will be orange but have no idea what SF or GB may do

If not orange or "coral", then possibly the new blue color? I wouldn't mind seeing all blue or all-coral as long as they switch up the helmet stripe to match

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Just read on Uniwatch that the 2015 Nike Catalog leaked and shows new unis for the following teams-

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

If not orange or "coral", then possibly the new blue color? I wouldn't mind seeing all blue or all-coral as long as they switch up the helmet stripe to match

First off, God no. The Dolphins look horrible enough in all aqua, and aqua is their primary color. It's bad enough that they wear an alternate jersey, but it would be awful for them to take the field in head-to-toe blue or orange.

Also, the NFL hasn't allowed alternate helmets that weren't throwbacks. Even if the physical helmet itself were the same, they wouldn't let a team change the color of decals to pair it with a non-throwback alternate jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

First off, God no. The Dolphins look horrible enough in all aqua, and aqua is their primary color. It's bad enough that they wear an alternate jersey, but it would be awful for them to take the field in head-to-toe blue or orange.

Also, the NFL hasn't allowed alternate helmets that weren't throwbacks. Even if the physical helmet itself were the same, they wouldn't let a team change the color of decals to pair it with a non-throwback alternate jersey.

Miami could also be going the throwback route...

* Dolphins- alt

* Packers- alt

* 49ers- alt

Miami could also be going the throwback route...
The "we already regret taking the helmet off the dolphin" route :D

On a note for this week, the Bears are wearing their throwbacks against the Bucs. Woof. You have one of the most iconic uniforms in football - wear it more than six times a year. And to think, this is a game which might have been one of the best looking games a year ago with the Bucs in their previous great set and the Bears in their classic homes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If the one-helmet rule is still in place, then the 49ers are limited if they do go for a throwback. Their current set is too similar to their 80s gear and they previously wore silver, so that's out the window. It might be this, which I thought would have been good for the 20th anniversary this season.

Jeff_Garcia_2003.jpg

If it's an alt, gold and black would be the only two jersey options I see happening. However, black just doesn't fit their scheme as well so it has to be gold. But if they go gold, would they really want to go mono gold with their only colored pants as well? My guess is aesthetically, the throwback is likely what is going to happen.

This set was my all-time favorite uniform in the NFL...too bad the 49ers went away from it.

spacer.png

I just don't see how anybody could prefer the 2000's Niners set. Even setting aside that the franchise won five titles in an iconic set which is more or less what they wear today, that set is so much worse. They crammed black into the set, including removing white from the pants and helmet stripes. Then they inexplicably darkened the red to make it dreary as hell. Add in the crappy dropshadow which either disappeared on the red or looked awful and muddied on the whites, along with the silliness of hip logos and slapping a logo in the middle of the sleeve stripes, and you have a terrible set.

The Niners need to sit down with Nike and fix the sleeve stripes so all three appear, as the Bears' do. That's all the current set needs. I could go for shiny gold pants, but am fine with the current ones considering the history. Likewise, I could take or leave a red facemask (probably leave). And bringing back the '80s sock stripes would look great, but I'm not getting greedy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I just don't see how anybody could prefer the 2000's Niners set. Even setting aside that the franchise won five titles in an iconic set which is more or less what they wear today, that set is so much worse. They crammed black into the set, including removing white from the pants and helmet stripes. Then they inexplicably darkened the red to make it dreary as hell. Add in the crappy dropshadow which either disappeared on the red or looked awful and muddied on the whites, along with the silliness of hip logos and slapping a logo in the middle of the sleeve stripes, and you have a terrible set.

The Niners need to sit down with Nike and fix the sleeve stripes so all three appear, as the Bears' do. That's all the current set needs. I could go for shiny gold pants, but am fine with the current ones considering the history. Likewise, I could take or leave a red facemask (probably leave). And bringing back the '80s sock stripes would look great, but I'm not getting greedy.

The Jeff Garcia/TOwens set was in my opinion the best San Fran had ever looked. Look fine now, but I think the last set rocked

As for Packers, willing to bet it'll be a Lombardi era alt. Yes it's the exact same basically as now minus a few stripes but Wisconsin loves themselves some 60's Packers. Stuff would fly off shelves. Plus same helmet rule still works.

I vastly prefer it (at least revision 2, when they dropped the white pants and went to a straight block font).

-I think the addition of gold to the numbers worked well, and the shadow was both modern and an homage to the past. The logo on the sleeve was really dumb though. Overall - upgrade.

-The gold pants were metallic and matched the helmet better. I happen to like the black with the gold and red, but they could have gone with white. Overall- upgrade.

-The red facemask is a HUGE improvement over the gray. The black around the logo is pretty bad though. It's necessary if you use black on the pants, but they could have gone the other way in both spots. Overall - still an upgrade.

-Even the red color of the jersey was I think - not sure a tad darker. Upgrade.

It was a great moderniztion of a classic uniform. Take the logo off the sleeves and it would still look good today.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This would work...

uniform_1984.jpg

That's basically their current jersey, except worse striping on the sleeves and pants. It sucks on its own, and it represents an era of :censored:ty teams best remembered for a thug cheap-shotting guys with intent to injure them. I can't imagine any Packers fan wants to remember that era.

That may have been the lowest point in Packers history after the Lombardi era, I can promise they will not be throwing back to it.

Jeff_Garcia_2003.jpg

This set was my all-time favorite uniform in the NFL...too bad the 49ers went away from it.
That 49ers set was just awful. The pants look cheap and the addition of black is too much. It's San Fran's version of going Lions with their uniform.

1994favre_preview.jpg

So this?

PLEASE this, but with matching pants this time.

Hutson-Lambeau.jpg

I really think that could be the basis for a good monochrome uniform with navy pants and a yellow stripe. I think it would maintain it's old-school feel while also having contemporary qualities, especially if they used a nice font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived