NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

Never saw this one before. Wouldn't mind this being used as the inspiration for a tweak if they indeed want to "see some things done with the jerseys" but do not intend to change the color.

1941_Philadelphia.png

What's the inspiration? The two wins or the mixing navy blue with black? Or is it the random shoulder yolk? Cuz they are all awful.

Hang on - on my laptop where I posted that from, the main color was very similar to their current midnight green - it wasn't all black like it's showing up now. I don't know what's up with that.

I'm thinking green body, black or silver Titans-esque sleeves, gray (or charcoal if they must), white, and black pants in the mix, and white away jersey with green sleeves. I think it translates much better in the color that I originally saw it in - again I'm not sure why the color completely changed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOOD! Now maybe Houston can adopt the color again as a nod to the Oilers' past! Let Tennessee be what they should have been all along - an expansion team.
I would say that really wouldn't work because the Texans colors are Navy Blue, Red, and white as a nod to the state flag, but then again that didn't stop the Chiefs when they were the Dallas Texans and their colors were red, gold, and white

Not quite. The Texans use navy blue while the Texas flag uses royal blue.

I've actually been wanting the Texans to adopt the Oilers colors for quite some time. I never finished these, but you get the idea.

HOU_home1_zps7fce4535.pngHOU_road1_zpsf854886a.png

They'd still be distinct enough from Tennessee even if they decided to keep wearing the powder blue jersey.

I would like that a lot as a spiritual successor to the Houston Oilers. If only they had gotten the Cleveland Deal too; I'm really happy with how the Texans turned out, but the Oilers' logo was perfect and the uniforms often were.

aalm128.jpg

Here they are perfect.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would like that a lot as a spiritual successor to the Houston Oilers. If only they had gotten the Cleveland Deal too; I'm really happy with how the Texans turned out, but the Oilers' logo was perfect and the uniforms often were.

aalm128.jpg

Here they are perfect.

That is easliy a top 5 all time NFL uniform.

Earl-Campbell.jpg

boy would i be conflicted if the texans ever became the oilers...

i'm only a titans fan because they're the oilers... if they disown the oilers history, and the texans claim it... the texans are rivals of the titans... and i've been a titans fan for years now. i love kearse and bulluck as much as moon and campbell...

talk about confusing. who to cheer for?

Where is all this talk of the Texans claiming the Oilers identity coming from? I've seen nothing that indicates the Titans are about to let go of it. What am I missing?

Titans are permanently dropping their primary light blue uniform. People are excited about seeing a Houston team in OIlers-esque colors.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not sure about the side panels.

New word mark is good enough to stand on its own. The logo on it is stupid.

I thought the mark was arched and not flat on top.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived