Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't all of the mesh patterns the same, hence the reason they made all teams use the Rev30 template? Either that's Photoshopped, or every team has Ms.

Edit: It's not Photoshopped, but I think it's just the user seeing things. The mesh shape is a carat (^), and it's doubled on the front and back so it looks like an M (^^). Note it's different on the sides and the fringes of the deeper mesh.

11270637_10206232370680518_4247226664672

The Bucks Have Just Won The Jersey Off season For This season and the next ten years

Yup. This new Bucks set saves this summer from being a complete disaster for new uni designs.

Your "likely" one isn't that likely. Not all practice courts are the same design as the game courts. Their last practice court never had the MECCA design, like the game court. Also the game court isn't going to have "Fear the Deer" on the baselines like the practice court.

It's very likely the Robert Indiana MECCA design will stay (possibly with some small modifications) with the new colors, logos, and typography.

JeKhnr9.png

Mind blown. I never could understand what the Mecca court was supposed to be. It looks okay but i never understood the love for it.

If it's indeed supposed to be an "M" on either side of the court... Wow. It really is beautiful.

It's the total opposite for me. I knew from the start that it was forming two 'M's, but the template just doesn't look good on a basketball court.

Your "likely" one isn't that likely. Not all practice courts are the same design as the game courts. Their last practice court never had the MECCA design, like the game court. Also the game court isn't going to have "Fear the Deer" on the baselines like the practice court.

It's very likely the Robert Indiana MECCA design will stay (possibly with some small modifications) with the new colors, logos, and typography.

The practice court didn't have the stain, and I acknowledge as much with the new one, but that is the only way in which any practice court I've seen has differed from the real thing. I haven't seen everybody's practice court, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for "Fear the Deer," it is being promoted very heavily since the redesign. The ownership group of the new owners is even called "Fear the Deer LLC." Despite bucking convention, I wouldn't be surprised if the real thing had "Fear the Deer" on the baselines. Do you know for a fact that it will not?

Fear The Deer won't be on the baselines. In the picture with the concepts and mockups of everything, there are three court designs, all Mecca-based. All the baselines have "MILWAUKEE BUCKS". Fear The Deer might be on the sideline, but I guarantee it won't be on the baselines.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

According to the Adidas catalog..CLEARLY there was a Bucks 3rd uniform or alternate listed. So I'm sure there will be a 3rd uni.

Looking at the catalog now. What's more, the catalog breaks uniforms into "Alternate 1," to be worn primarily on the road (think Celtics, Hornets, Magic, Trail Blazers...), and "Alternate 2," which can be worn at home or on the road (Nets awful greys, Suns orange). Milwaukee is slated to have a new "Alternate 1," making me think it'll be dark.

Now the style guide isn't without error. The white Lakers "Sunday alternate" is listed in "Alternate 1" whereas they clearly wear it at home... or at least they have, historically.

Fear The Deer won't be on the baselines. In the picture with the concepts and mockups of everything, there are three court designs, all Mecca-based. All the baselines have "MILWAUKEE BUCKS". Fear The Deer might be on the sideline, but I guarantee it won't be on the baselines.

I noticed the mockups too, but it seems weird to use it as a flourish that only the players will see given that Fear the Deer is the rallying cry of the fans.

I noticed the mockups too, but it seems weird to use it as a flourish that only the players will see given that Fear the Deer is the rallying cry of the fans.

When's the last time you saw "Detroit Basketball" on the baselines at the Palace? Just because it's a rally cry doesn't mean it will take the place of the team name.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Would they dare try something like this?

buckscourt.png

It doesn't really work in the paint but I was curious what it'd look like.

I thought about that too but I doubt they'll change the MECCA design too much or even at all. The MECCA design is too much of a classic/throwback look to mess around with. The new M logo doesn't seem to fit too well on the court like that anyway.

JeKhnr9.png

Would they dare try something like this?

buckscourt.png

It doesn't really work in the paint but I was curious what it'd look like.

I thought about that too but I doubt they'll change the MECCA design too much or even at all. The MECCA design is too much of a classic/throwback look to mess around with. The new M logo doesn't seem to fit too well on the court like that anyway.

Yeah, I agree. It looks forced.

The M in their typeface actually looks to be pretty close to the MECCA M.

EDIT: I tried the M from their typeface and it doesn't fit either. (Not that it really matters.)

While I'm thinking about it, I was working on a court design for my Bucks concept a while back (that I never finished). I was trying to use the angle of the deer's neck to fall into place over the MECCA M's but the angles are off. At the time, it made me think they may change the shape of the M's a little. But now it makes more sense that we'll see the full primary with the semi-roundel? at center court.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

When's the last time you saw "Detroit Basketball" on the baselines at the Palace? Just because it's a rally cry doesn't mean it will take the place of the team name.

I was with you until you made this comparison. I'm suggesting they may do something new. Precedent (for a completely separate team at that) doesn't apply.

I just find it odd that the practice court would say "Fear the Deer" and the real court wouldn't, because the only people who see the practice court (players) couldn't care less about the fans' rallying cry.

I hope they just blow up the head logo and use that at center court instead of the whole roundel. When they switched to just using the huge deer head this past season , it looked a lot better than when they had the whole logo.

I really like these, but they are far from perfect.

Having Lightning victory stripes under the arms makes little sense, and the "tucked in" effect of "Fear the Deer" has as much on-court impact as "hanger effect" -- none. (And the Bucks' blue collar... ugh.)

The font leaves something to be desired, but the primary colors of green and cream are really nice. However, the use of white with the cream is flawed in places. For example, the Irish rainbow treatment doesn't quite nail it.

Again, I really do like these, even if it doesn't sound like it. I think there's a bit of denial or acceptance of the obvious flaws because the overall package seems to be an upgrade... or at least better than anything we expect to see this offseason.

Aren't all of the mesh patterns the same, hence the reason they made all teams use the Rev30 template? Either that's Photoshopped, or every team has Ms.

Edit: It's not Photoshopped, but I think it's just the user seeing things. The mesh shape is a carat (^), and it's doubled on the front and back so it looks like an M (^^). Note it's different on the sides and the fringes of the deeper mesh.

11270637_10206232370680518_4247226664672

They said themselves that they are "M's"...so you're gonna call them liars?

Looks nothing like ^^.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Archived