Milwaukee Bucks Unveil New Logos/Colors, Jerseys & Court

mgdmhl

Aren't all of the mesh patterns the same, hence the reason they made all teams use the Rev30 template? Either that's Photoshopped, or every team has Ms.

Edit: It's not Photoshopped, but I think it's just the user seeing things. The mesh shape is a carat (^), and it's doubled on the front and back so it looks like an M (^^). Note it's different on the sides and the fringes of the deeper mesh.

11270637_10206232370680518_4247226664672

They said themselves that they are "M's"...so you're gonna call them liars?

Looks nothing like ^^.

It's the exact same mesh as everyother Rev30 uniform ever produced. The smaller mesh is a triangle (if you want to get technical SilentWave). The larger mesh (what the Bucks are calling 'M's) is two overlapping triangles.

500x1000px-LL-ee38520c__57.jpeg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bucks_uniforms-6520.jpg

They just HAD to incorporate royal blue into what it otherwise a nearly-flawless set.

I could understand red, lime green, something that ties into the team's history. Royal *nearly* spoils the entire set for me.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm not a fan of it, but it hardly ruins the set for me. It's too small.

Which is why they don't even need it. Throwing in an odd color as "shoutout" to living near water or working hard. Whatever their reasoning, it's totally useless. Same goes for the strip of BFBS just underneath.

6uXNWAo.png

The whole thing that made the Irish Rainbow cool was the novelty of medium and mint green, the mint green especially not turning up in sports all that much. I wasn't a huge fan, I've always said I'd prefer to keep things simple with the Bucks, but I admit that the color palette was pretty neat and lots of people liked it. Shoehorning it in with the wrong colors in doesn't work. Are they a hardscrabble team of old Milwaukee factory workers who started a rec team, or are they '70s kitsch? The designers served too many masters on this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not impressed with the new uniforms. I think they are an upgrade over the previous uniforms, but I wouldn't say they are flawless.

Pros:

• Color pallet - As you guys know, I'm glad to see something besides R/W/B in every uniform.
  • Logo - Cleaned up the antlers and got rid of the triangle.
  • Proprietary font - I know you guys hate them. I love them when they are done right.

Cons:

• Color pallet - I would have loved to see a dark green and light green combination.
  • Logo - Not of fan of the roundel... just seems like roundels should be in baseball only.
  • 'M' in the logo - For me, inexcusable. It looks terrible. At least have the M match the proprietary font or at least been in the same style. You can't have the most basic of block fonts for wordmarks, numbers, and logos... but then have a stupid stylized M that doesn't seem to fit the rest of the logo in style or scale.
  • Blue - Just leave it out. We don't need it. There are enough teams with green and blue floating around their logos (Wolves, Mavericks).
  • Side panels - So the jerseys have the alternating rectangles, but then the shorts have the negative space M? Make it match. By the way, the Timberwolves already did the whole hidden 'M' and 'W' in their uniforms.

I'm not a fan of it, but it hardly ruins the set for me. It's too small.

Which is why they don't even need it. Throwing in an odd color as "shoutout" to living near water or working hard. Whatever their reasoning, it's totally useless. Same goes for the strip of BFBS just underneath.

I know that the blue is mostly for marketing reasons aka blue merch items, but I kinda like the touch of blue and black on the jerseys and some of their logos. It's another something to help separate them from other traditional green and yellow teams. The colors all blend it well together anyway. At least they chose the correct shades.

bucks_uniforms-6520.jpg

They just HAD to incorporate royal blue into what it otherwise a nearly-flawless set.

I could understand red, lime green, something that ties into the team's history. Royal *nearly* spoils the entire set for me.

Lime Green? Anyhow the addition of "Great Lakes Blue" hardly spoils the identity. That being said, would it have killed them to put a little more effort into the "Irish Rainbow?" The order of colours looks completely slapdash as does the varying sizes of stripes. What would be wrong with simply alternating "great lakes blue," green, and cream?

The varying size of the stripes is a nod to the original Irish rainbow designs. If you look at those past designs, you'll notice the stripes vary in size in a similar fashion to the new uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

wait so is the # of championships (ex. Lakers is 16x) on the gold tab new or have they been doing that as long as they've been doing the tab? I never noticed that if so.. I always thought it was a blank gold tab, which would be really lame.

Also, do teams with 1 championship (like my Mavs) have 1x on the tab or is it just blank?

I don't want that much blue, that's what's wrong with it.

Either use a colour evenly throughout your identity or don't bother

The varying size of the stripes is a nod to the original Irish rainbow designs. If you look at those past designs, you'll notice the stripes vary in size in a similar fashion to the new uniforms.

Still looks bad. Historical precedent or no

Archived