2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a joke roughing the passer penalties are.

If you can't hit the QB like that... how the hell are you supposed to hit him? The NFL is becoming unwatchable.
You should've seen the Steelers-Falcons game today. Matt Ryan got laid out on a sack where Vince Williams hit his helmet to Ryan's chest and they called roughing the passer. I was there, and me along with a lot of other Steelers fans there were pretty pissed when they showed the replay.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed my first NFL game. The Georgia Dome is actually a nice place to watch a game. It's clean, and the concession areas are nice. The atmosphere was great, especially with all the Steelers fans there. It was awesome riding the train there, which had more Steelers fans than Falcons fans.

This post became invalid once you said it was awesome riding the Marta train to the game....

^ Hey, its dude's first time...Let him enjoy the experience!

Now the next time, however...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If you can't hit the QB like that... how the hell are you supposed to hit him? The NFL is becoming unwatchable.
You should've seen the Steelers-Falcons game today. Matt Ryan got laid out on a sack where Vince Williams hit his helmet to Ryan's chest and they called roughing the passer. I was there, and me along with a lot of other Steelers fans there were pretty pissed when they showed the replay.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed my first NFL game. The Georgia Dome is actually a nice place to watch a game. It's clean, and the concession areas are nice. The atmosphere was great, especially with all the Steelers fans there. It was awesome riding the train there, which had more Steelers fans than Falcons fans.

It's getting ridiculous with what is and what is not Roughing the Passer (also same on Pass Interference). They're heading towards the ticky-tack level fouls of the NBA as the NHL has is moving closer to. It's not just one game in the NFL, it's 4-5 games per week. I have to say that Hochuli's and Blakeman's crew seem to be in the middle of the mosts controversial calls.

The call on Moody didn't cost the 49ers the game, but it certainly changed the complexion of the game and made twice as hard against a really good Seahawks team.

Also, for those who don't want to see the Seahawks make the playoffs and want to know to who to root for (mainly 49ers fans and many non-Seattle NFC West fans) - The Eagles, Cowboys, Cardinals, Packers and Lions must finish with a better record than Seattle and those five teams will be in, plus the NFC South "champion". While it's unlikely because even if Seattle loses in Arizona next week, a win at home vs the Rams will secure them a WC Spot. However the Rams have played great Defense lately, so...

The Steelers have always had a lot of fans travel to Atlanta. The only NFL game I've attended was 8 years ago when the Steelers played at Atlanta. (Miss. St played in Athens the day before. Worked out great, except for the fact that both of my teams lost.)

Both roughing the passer calls today were ridiculous. Both were good, clean hits, and both calls led to fraudulent touchdowns for the team whose QB got hit.

This post became invalid once you said it was awesome riding the Marta train to the game....
Well the train itself is crappy lol, but it's quick, and saves gas. And I liked it because there were a lot of Steelers fans to talk to.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Whoever wins this game is likely looking at a first round exit.

I haven't seen Detroit at all this year but neither of these teams is beating them or Seattle in a few weeks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Welp, the Chargers possibly played their last game in San Diego today, and I guess it's only fitting that it was a typical Chargers loss.

Judging the crowd was 45-50% Broncos at Qualcomm, I'm sure San Diegans couldn't care less for what eventually happens to their Chargers...

...or is it could care less...

...or was it couldn't care less...

...oh I don't know anymore; I'm confused. I'll just put this GIF up:

quagmire-head-bob-o.gif

How 'bout them Cowboys!

Certainly not expected. They took advantage of all the mismatches that they just couldn't seem to find the first time. It also doesn't help that Chip Kelly has lost trust in Sanchez and stopped calling a lot of the plays that were successful just a few weeks ago. Eagles were outplayed and out coached, and getting out coached by Jason Garrett is pretty hard to do.

My statement still stands - neither of these teams (I guess Dallas now) will win a playoff game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is Indianapolis playing for anything next week or are they locked in and resting guys?

Worse primetime game- Saints/Bears or Titans/Jags?

While NO/CHI could be Chiefs/Titans 2004 version 2.0 (Preseason darlings going nowhere, still put on an entertaining offensive display of fireworks), the Titans gave us a hilariously awful game today that lived up to ALL the hype- I want to see a potential sequel.

The Cowboys.

The fact that Scott Linebaka runs their offense has yet to sink in I see.

I was being sarcastic. The other three teams in the dvision are terrible. The Eagles will probably lose one or two division games just because, but the other three teams are pretty terrible.

Eagles could be the only legit team in the weak NFC East. If their secondary could play better, the offense could lead this team to an easy division title.

You're going way out on a limb there.
Which of the other teams could really challenge them?

The Cowboys.

Have they legalized hallucinogens where you live?

Who has been the only NFC East team to challenge the eventual division champion the last three seasons?

Who has been the only NFC East team to lose a win-or-go-home week 17 matchup against each of the other three division rivals the last three seasons, leaving them as the 3-time "challenger"?

If Romo gets his act together....fine, whatever. The defense stinks though and the only way they make the playoffs is if they sneak in as a 9-7 wildcard

Oh, look what I found. :D

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

How 'bout them Cowboys!

At least we're all not going to be subjected to a 5th consecutive Cowboys blowoff in Week 17 on NBC.

At least I hope we're not...

Falcons @ Panthers!!! Make it happen, only kidding. Pitt-Cincy would be the better choice

How 'bout them Cowboys!

At least we're all not going to be subjected to a 5th consecutive Cowboys blowoff in Week 17 on NBC.

At least I hope we're not...

Falcons @ Panthers!!! Make it happen, only kidding. Pitt-Cincy would be the better choice

CBS will surely protect that game from the flex scheduling.

You guys really are a sweet bunch. What a lovely community we have here at CCSLC. Where a person who is a fan of a team, (a team by the way who was predicted to be terrible by ALL, ends up not being terrible and actually kind of good) posts a comment about said team doing something good and immediately has people trying to put down that person. For record, it doesn't bother me when it's directed at me, but it irks me when done to others.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived