2014 NFL Season Thread

The 49ers are taking lessons from the Sharks on how to fail to put away teams when you have them by the jugular.

Damn Harbaugh. Conservative prick.

Chicago Bears really christened Levi's Stadium with a comeback win over the Niners.

The Niners lost. Not happy with it. Like the Bears are going to win the Super Bowl this year!

LkSPXhG.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actual conversation that occured yesterday during half-time of the Pats/Vikings game:

Uncle: "Any new controversies today?"

Me: "Well there's that Adrian Peterson thingy."

Uncle: "That was yesterday, that's old news."

Me: "Well the day is still young, something could happen in the later games."

Uncle: "Yeah, I can just picture it. Peyton Manning Rapes Giraffe!"

Me: "That would probably have an even bigger affect on the league than Rice or Peterson because we're dealing with one of the NFL's most important players of all-time."

Uncle: "Yeah. That would be wicked!"

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Thoughts on the Bengals-Falcons game:

- The Bengals made Matt Ryan and Julio Jones and Roddy White look bad. That was a real test and they passed with flying colors. I'm very pleased with the secondary and the pass rush.

- Giovani Bernard is special and the tandem of Bernard and rookie Jeremy Hill is going to be the best Bengals backfield since Ickey Woods, James Brooks, and Stanley "Poor Decision Maker" Wilson.

- The team was without their two best receivers (AJ Green and Marvin Jones) and still had a hell of a day offensively. They came up short in the red zone a few times, which is an annoying pattern that's continued from their game in Baltimore, but you have to factor in that missing AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Eifert doesn't help this at all.

- I LOVE when the Bengals wear orange socks. Orange socks all the time please.

- Can't believe this is the first time since 06 that they're 2-0. That season was the all-time most frustrating Bengals team for me. So much talent, Carson Palmer was young and healthy, offense was a machine. They gave away at least 5 games that year. They went 8-8. Should've been 13-3.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn't watch the Bills game yesterday, but it seemed like a pretty complete win. I wish some of those field goals had been touchdowns, but you get the sense they're finding their rhythm and the pieces are finally clicking.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is just for s**ts and giggles, but Demarco Murray is on pace for a staggering 2284 yards. He won't actually reach that, but he's averaging 5.6 yards per carry, and he did that against 2 good run defenses.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This is just for s**ts and giggles, but Demarco Murray is on pace for a staggering 2284 yards. He won't actually reach that, but he's averaging 5.6 yards per carry, and he did that against 2

good run defenses.

Doing it against the Niners was legit, but I'm not sold on the Titans. Their 1st week performance was probably a fluke. Still though, Murray is capable of leading the league if he avoids the injury bug.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Hearing Bears will IR Peanut Tillman once again, potentially signalling the end of his illustrious career.

Makes this image from last night all the more harrowing. He knew.

dmZTCzp.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is just for s**ts and giggles, but Demarco Murray is on pace for a staggering 2284 yards. He won't actually reach that, but he's averaging 5.6 yards per carry, and he did that against 2 good run defenses.

And he would also on pace for 16 fumbles, eight of which will be turned into TDs.

Just sayin'.

Note that his two highest career rushing games have come against the next Cowboys opponent.....St. Louis.

Hearing Bears will IR Peanut Tillman once again, potentially signalling the end of his illustrious career.

Makes this image from last night all the more harrowing. He knew.

dmZTCzp.jpg

The sad part is that with all the guys possibly getting the axe for off the field stuff, Tillman is one of the good guys. Sucks that it might be over for him.

Thoughts on the Bengals-Falcons game:

- The Bengals made Matt Ryan and Julio Jones and Roddy White look bad. That was a real test and they passed with flying colors. I'm very pleased with the secondary and the pass rush.

- Giovani Bernard is special and the tandem of Bernard and rookie Jeremy Hill is going to be the best Bengals backfield since Ickey Woods, James Brooks, and Stanley "Poor Decision Maker" Wilson.

- The team was without their two best receivers (AJ Green and Marvin Jones) and still had a hell of a day offensively. They came up short in the red zone a few times, which is an annoying pattern that's continued from their game in Baltimore, but you have to factor in that missing AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Eifert doesn't help this at all.

- I LOVE when the Bengals wear orange socks. Orange socks all the time please.

- Can't believe this is the first time since 06 that they're 2-0. That season was the all-time most frustrating Bengals team for me. So much talent, Carson Palmer was young and healthy, offense was a machine. They gave away at least 5 games that year. They went 8-8. Should've been 13-3.

That Bengals defense is no joke. Once that offense gets into form, they're gonna be a force. With that Predictions Widget, I had the Bengals winning the #1 seed in the AFC, and I predicted them to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

And he would also on pace for 16 fumbles, eight of which will be turned into TDs.

Just sayin'.

Note that his two highest career rushing games have come against the next Cowboys opponent.....St. Louis.

My only counter is that Murray has rarely lost his fumbles in his career (5) and three of them have happened in the last 3 regular season games, and the last two were kind of flukey.

While he's proving that his 5 YPC average is no fluke.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm going to put this out here right now.

Chris Long going down appears to have gutted the Rams run defense. So don't call them a good run defense after next week's game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived