Modern Uniforms That Are Better Than Their Counterparts

Red Wine Pirate

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fldoyc.jpg GREAT

mhfr7q.jpg Awful.

The current Warriors set would be great if it didn't have Copperplate. Damn near any other font would make it an upgrade. The old set, with the Golden Gate Orange, isn't bad.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Canucks' uniforms now are WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY ahead of the old ones.

Not really. I mean, if you're referring to the old orca ones with the red and blue colour scheme absolutely, but while the striping and colours are at their best, they're still wearing the worst logo they've ever had.

The Canucks' uniforms now are WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY ahead of the old ones.

Not really. I mean, if you're referring to the old orca ones with the red and blue colour scheme absolutely, but while the striping and colours are at their best, they're still wearing the worst logo they've ever had.

I don't think it's the worst, I think the spaghetti skate is if we're comparing all logo variations.

• Blue and red orca - definitely
  • 94' unis/post Flying V - definitely
  • Flying V - should I really be asking this question?
  • Old classics - kinda

The current TCU uniforms are perfect.

They're OK. To me TCU should be a purple team….not a black one.

TCU had black in their uniforms even as far back as the 30s.

Why not? With TCU's shade of purple, black makes for a pretty good complement. Without it, TCU would look more generic.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The current TCU uniforms are perfect.

They're OK. To me TCU should be a purple team….not a black one.

TCU had black in their uniforms even as far back as the 30s.

Why not? With TCU's shade of purple, black makes for a pretty good complement. Without it, TCU would look more generic.

I didn't say they should lose the black. I just think purple should be the focus. The current look gives off a Northwestern vibe, which in my opinion is not a good thing. Honestly, I wish they would emphasize the silver more.

newsig.jpg

FB-ATL-Matt-Ryan-inside.jpg

nfl_a_beng_cr_576x324.jpg

larry.jpeg

Patriots1a.jpg

peyton_manning_broncos_2013_wallpaper_hd

come at me!

Totally agree, I only have two gripes with these sets: The overuse of piping (Falcons, Cardinals), and side-panel tomfoolery (Patriots, Bengals). Other than that (and other minor nitpicks), I think these sets are each team's best looks by far, and any redesign should use these as a base and go from there.

As for the Broncos, I love them. That template wasn't copied so much just because it was "kewl," it was copied because it was a damn good modern template, one of the best modern looks ever imo.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I would guess most people agree with all of these, with the exception of the Bengals.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived