College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Kansas has one of the greatest logos in college in the Jayhawk. He needs to be on the helmet, and decently sized too. I'm not talking taking up the whole friggin side of the helmet like some teams do, but it shouldn't be really tiny on there either. I agree with what Clintau24 said about being on a white background though. So why not the KU on blue (which looks good IMO) and the Jayhawk on a White helmet, and leave it at that for the helmets.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I may get some backlash from people on this, but I don't understand why everyone totally despises Adidas. Now yes I do agree that they definitely have some very questionable designs ( cough cough Miami of Ohio ) and other one time jerseys but do people seriously just want to see 2 manufacturers in the NCAA (Nike and Under Armour). There already is enough unoriginality in not just Football also Basketball and many other sports. I dont even mind Russell that much just because they change things up.

My main complaint with Adidas is their current template. It's hard to like any of their uniforms when they're covered in tire treads.

Kansas has one of the greatest logos in college in the Jayhawk. He needs to be on the helmet, and decently sized too. I'm not talking taking up the whole friggin side of the helmet like some teams do, but it shouldn't be really tiny on there either. I agree with what Clintau24 said about being on a white background though. So why not the KU on blue (which looks good IMO) and the Jayhawk on a White helmet, and leave it at that for the helmets.

I'd be down for that..."KU" trajan blue helmet as the standard and then you can break out a white shell with the Jayhawk logo a few times a year. Anything beyond that just clutters the branding.

As it is...if they stick with blue shell and white shell trajan KU helmets, I'm also fine with that. I'll even live with the chrome facemasks (for a season anyways) if it means these are the two options and ll the others have been put into mothballs.

I'd be down for that..."KU" trajan blue helmet as the standard and then you can break out a white shell with the Jayhawk logo a few times a year. Anything beyond that just clutters the branding.

As it is...if they stick with blue shell and white shell trajan KU helmets, I'm also fine with that. I'll even live with the chrome facemasks (for a season anyways) if it means these are the two options and ll the others have been put into mothballs.

image-1391048197336_1024x1024.png?v=1391

I kinda like the idea of dropping the U from the KU logo and just having their Trajan K be the logo on the helmet. Own the letter K.

I'm not a fan of the Jayhawk on the helmet.

I don't see that happening. Kansas has too much invested the KU brand.

Yeah, you are right. "Rock. Chalk. Jayhawk. KU." It really wouldn't make any sense to remove the U but I think it might look better.

The "KU" logo looks more like an academic logo than a logo for the side of a helmet. I guess I'm just saying I wish they had a different KU logo.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

This is the way to go. I'm ok with a little chrome as long as they keep the combinations simple. I really only want to see:

white/blue/white

white/white/white

white/white/blue

blue/blue/white

blue/white/blue

blue/white/white

They should identify as the blue-white school in the conference. I'm not a fan of the red and gray they've worn.

Some of these combinations are just awful.

new-kansas-jayhawks-uniforms.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I agree that the Jayhawk gets washed out when it is put on a blue or red helmet. That's why this monstrosity was so ill conceived.

Bu8HU1ZIQAA4euU.jpg

Maybe if they had used blue/chrome, the Jayhawk head might have worked. This uniform was a mess.

Red helmets just don't work with the Jayhawk at all.

Bw5FEMBCAAAEZob.jpg

I like mascot logos, but they look awful on helmets. Every single instance of the Jayhawk (head or full body; happy or mean) looks terrible on the helmet in my opinion. Just like Fresno State, Oklahoma State, etc. Also awful is "mascot on top of wordmark" like old Iowa State and Boise State before they started putting out 8 helmets a year.

"KU" helmet looks great.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Okay I may get some backlash from people on this, but I don't understand why everyone totally despises Adidas. Now yes I do agree that they definitely have some very questionable designs ( cough cough Miami of Ohio ) and other one time jerseys but do people seriously just want to see 2 manufacturers in the NCAA (Nike and Under Armour). There already is enough unoriginality in not just Football also Basketball and many other sports. I dont even mind Russell that much just because they change things up.

My main complaint with Adidas is their current template. It's hard to like any of their uniforms when they're covered in tire treads.

Nike's got problems with their template too (the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium and the cut-off pants stripes) and so does Under Armour (back pants stripes).

I've got more problems with Adidas in other sports than in college football, but even in college football they've managed to be unable to produce any solid looks other than classics, which are then fouled up by tire treads, and even with those classic looks they've :censored:ed with them, like darkening up UCLA's colors.

And with my alma mater, they've given Michigan a bunch of garish alts--an Adidas signature--including most recently blue pants, which is outrageous. Not to mention all the quality control problems we had with their uniforms.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I like the new blue KU helmet, but the white needs to have a mirror finish jayhawk head (not sold on the mirror finish, just trying to keep the consistency).. But a large size (not oversize) jayhawk head on a white helmet would be the best version of a mascot logo helmet they've had

Archived