College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it an unpopular opinion to think that the current Pitt unis are pretty much perfect (maybe just enlarge the chest wordmark to make it legible or remove it altogether so as not to clash with the Pitt helmet script)?

conner-1.jpg

I've never understood the nostalgia for the old Pittsburgh colors. I agree that their current uniforms are the best they've ever worn, and if you're going to change anything, just make the helmet logo consistent with the collar logo. Simple. Only other suggestion would be to invert the stripes so that they're G-B-W-B-G.

I'm indifferent to which wordmark I like more, though. I see nothing wrong with the PITT wordmark and like it in a vacuum, but I also like the script.

I read an article recently saying theres some evidence that the rubber pellets in the turf can lead to cancer with repeated exposure (i.e. scraping your leg on the turf and getting in contact with the pellets).

IF that's true, is there really anything out there that doesn't cause some form of cancer these days? It's ground up tires for the most part.

And for those that say turf is "harder" than grass...come on man. Grass and dirt freeze, turf doesn't. I played on it in Minnesota and we prayed for games on turf instead of grass.

There's been some articles on some soccer goalkeepers up in the Seattle area being treated for cancer. All played on pellet turf.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/how-safe-artificial-turf-your-child-plays-n220166

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Soccer-coach-Could-field-turf-be-causing-cancer-259895701.html

An excerpt:

"Since then, Griffin has compiled a list of 38 American soccer players -- 34 of them goalies - who have been diagnosed with cancer. At least a dozen played in Washington, but the geographic spread is nationwide. Blood cancers like lymphoma and leukemia dominate the list."

i just cant imagine there's any correlation to the pellets.. firstly, why is it just goalkeepers? every player spends that much time on the field, and with other players falling down and making slide tackles, they'd be just as succesptable.. i find it odd that at least 1/3 of the patients are geographically linked as well.. i havent seen anything about football players with this issue, and as a former player who played and practiced on turf, the open wounds and opportunities for exposure are plentiful.. i also havent seen any info regarding tire factory workers / auto shop workers with any increased cancer risk, and they're handling tires constantly. for this to be predominantly contained to one sport, one position, and primarily one part of the country, i just cant imagine there being a broad issue with such a narrow group of incidents..

it could just as easily be linked to new materials used in goalkeeper gloves or something else common to the group of those affected.. im not a biologist, but i did stay in a holiday inn express last night (actually, i stayed at my house last night, but my degree is in biology)

Is it an unpopular opinion to think that the current Pitt unis are pretty much perfect (maybe just enlarge the chest wordmark to make it legible or remove it altogether so as not to clash with the Pitt helmet script)?

conner-1.jpg

Agreed. Outside of a couple of small tweeks, it seems like the only place they can go from these is down.

conner-1.jpg

Agreed. Outside of a couple of small tweeks, it seems like the only place they can go from these is down.

The only change I would make is dropping the navy for royal blue.

CFZ76VEW0AAYFLN.jpg

Please just be a concept... please just be a concept!!

That's the new football template for Wikipedia. Odds are this is not official. But if it is, then someone needs a new template.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

conner-1.jpg

I've never understood the nostalgia for the old Pittsburgh colors. I agree that their current uniforms are the best they've ever worn, and if you're going to change anything, just make the helmet logo consistent with the collar logo. Simple. Only other suggestion would be to invert the stripes so that they're G-B-W-B-G.

I'm indifferent to which wordmark I like more, though. I see nothing wrong with the PITT wordmark and like it in a vacuum, but I also like the script.

In college football, there's pretty much no way any team can wear those colors and not be immediately compared to Notre Dame. They own navy and gold. I'd put Pitt back into royal blue and mustard gold because, in my mind, that's their colors, and they're pretty unique.

Did you ask the equipment manager?

I asked a student manager friend of mine. He said it might've been a last minute thing for the spring game.

When I was at Auburn, the managers had a big iron press that they could add numbers or name plates to blank jerseys, or make up practice jerseys. Maybe UA gave them random fonts to play with. BTW the SEC logo is from 3-4 years ago.

Did you ask the equipment manager?

I asked a student manager friend of mine. He said it might've been a last minute thing for the spring game.

When I was at Auburn, the managers had a big iron press that they could add numbers or name plates to blank jerseys, or make up practice jerseys. Maybe UA gave them random fonts to play with. BTW the SEC logo is from 3-4 years ago.

Yes, once again, the team wears old game uniforms for A-Day. They wear the 75th SEC patch as well. All the jerseys they have been wearing the past few years have been pre-2011 jerseys.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

conner-1.jpg

In college football, there's pretty much no way any team can wear those colors and not be immediately compared to Notre Dame. They own navy and gold. I'd put Pitt back into royal blue and mustard gold because, in my mind, that's their colors, and they're pretty unique.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. The gold numbers and striping help differentiate Pitt from ND, as do the white and blue pants options. Now, Navy before they switched to UA? There I can see your point. Plain gold - plain blue/white - plain gold with white and blue numbers? And it was especially bad considering we play each other every year.

conner-1.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily say that. The gold numbers and striping help differentiate Pitt from ND, as do the white and blue pants options. Now, Navy before they switched to UA? There I can see your point. Plain gold - plain blue/white - plain gold with white and blue numbers? And it was especially bad considering we play each other every year.

I've honestly never thought Notre Dame when looking at Pitt. Sure the colors are similar, but I've, at least, never made that connection.

New helmet for Purdue football , super late to the logo on one side, number on the other

CC5Q30RWgAENO3l.jpg

So close to perfection. Get rid the facemask stripe and put the logo on both sides

That helmet would be beautiful with the logo on both sides

I think that the I-beam gold look in the middle of the helmet is clever-my guess is that it's supposed to represent a train track?

Archived