College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Am I the only one that thinks Kansas' logo is incredibly outdated? I mean I can deal with the head, but the body looks like a paint splatter.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jayhawk updated to something more abstract like K-State's Wildcat. I'd keep the current Jayhawk as a secondary logo. I'd retain Jay Hawk as our game mascot. I think a less cartoonish Jayhawk would look better on a footbal helmet or B-Ball uniform however.

Given the current logos, I like the Trajan KU on a blue helmet with a red stripe. The Jayhawk looks best on a white helmet. I'd go for the blue KU helmet for most games and pull out the white helmet with the Jayhawk for a couple of special games.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda like the idea of dropping the U from the KU logo and just having their Trajan K be the logo on the helmet. Own the letter K.

I'm not a fan of the Jayhawk on the helmet.

I don't see that happening. Kansas has too much invested the KU brand.

Yeah, you are right. "Rock. Chalk. Jayhawk. KU." It really wouldn't make any sense to remove the U but I think it might look better.

The "KU" logo looks more like an academic logo than a logo for the side of a helmet. I guess I'm just saying I wish they had a different KU logo.

Old-time Jayhawks like the old circus font. My affiliation with the school coincides with the Trajan KU branding of everything Kansas. I've seen the Trajan KU so much that it just looks right to me. I think its a good brand and provides a sleek and clean look for athletics.

The multi-colored, multi-combo, mismatched football uniforms that Charlie Weiss brought to Kansas were an abomination in my eyes. They looked better suited for the 1970s. I prefer KU in simpler fashion ... A team in KU Blue and white with some KU Crimson highlights.

But that is my opinion.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I really like Kansas' Jayhawk logo, however I do not think it belong on a football helmet. It doesn't fit well. The KU seems to fit a lot better (even though I don't like monogram logos for football). The Jayhawk is a great logo, as well as just the head of the Jayhawk, but it doesn't work on a helmet. I think it's better suited for an on-field application, either at the 50 yard line or in the end zones.

I think KU needs to move away from trajan completely and go back to the circus font. For football have 3 helmets. KU on blue,Jayhawk on white, and KU on red. 3 jerseys and pants blue,white,red. Get rid of gray/silver completely and add yellow trim like the the basketball team had back in the 80's. Use the waistband stripe from those basketball uniforms too. Put it on the helmet,sleeves,pants,and socks.

(http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/charrison2122/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszbsehy9x.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0)

(http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/charrison2122/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0m0q1wh1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1)

I loved the red helmet with the warhawk on it. That could be used as part of a fauxback.

(http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/charrison2122/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsud5v63i0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2)

Red helmet and jersey with white pants and blue socks.

Sorry about having links. I tried imgur and photobucket but it says the image extension is not allowed. Can someone help and tell me what to use?

Thanks.

I think KU needs to move away from trajan completely and go back to the circus font. For football have 3 helmets. KU on blue,Jayhawk on white, and KU on red. 3 jerseys and pants blue,white,red. Get rid of gray/silver completely and add yellow trim like the the basketball team had back in the 80's. Use the waistband stripe from those basketball uniforms too. Put it on the helmet,sleeves,pants,and socks.

(http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/charrison2122/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszbsehy9x.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0)

(http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/charrison2122/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0m0q1wh1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1)

I loved the red helmet with the warhawk on it. That could be used as part of a fauxback.

(http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/charrison2122/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsud5v63i0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2)

Red helmet and jersey with white pants and blue socks.

Sorry about having links. I tried imgur and photobucket but it says the image extension is not allowed. Can someone help and tell me what to use?

Thanks.

Try to click on the link on the right side of the page where it says "direct" under "share links" and use that link to copy into the IMG brackets. It should work. I use Photobucket for my uploads here.

image_zpszbsehy9x.jpg

image_zps0m0q1wh1.jpg

image_zpsud5v63i0.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

A locale known for its famous Kentucky bluegrass, is switching to a synthetic field.

I know and Mark Stoops is getting a lot of heat from this switch. I personally prefer the natural grass.

spacer.png

Kentucky really oughta get rid of Wildcats and just go with a horse-based name. This continuous homage to Secretariat is like an overplayed song on the radio.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Kentucky really oughta get rid of Wildcats and just go with a horse-based name. This continuous homage to Secretariat is like an overplayed song on the radio.

They have to do something until basketball season comes back.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

A locale known for its famous Kentucky bluegrass, is switching to a synthetic field.

So you're saying they should switch to the smurf turf look?

There's nothing smurfy about Kentucky Bluegrass.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived