College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I posted a photo of a recruit holding this helmet before and I said i hoped it was not real and never showed up....but on a recent recruiting visit, this helmet popped up.... let me just be the first to say i am extremely embarrassed and hope this never hits the field.....this would be the biggest reach of CFCS on a facemask i've seen reently

EDIT: There is also a blue version apparently

What in the hell is that random gold section under the chin of the bear?

Reflection of something gold in the room. It's a metallic decal.

I would much rather see something like thsi than what they have here

Just an update on the helmets which is GREAT news to me:

"There will be no white helmets in 2015. Blue helmets, Cal script only "

https://twitter.com/avinashkunnath/status/601132396067627008

"#Cal football had hoped to wear Joe Roth throwback unis once this year but Nike is doing no throwbacks in 2015. Tentative plans for 2016."

https://twitter.com/BearInsider_com/status/601139404548149248

These are the Joe Roth throwbacks last worn in 2007 and definitely one of my top ten all time looks in any sport

GettyImages-78203956.0.jpg

1976291092_a9ff1a2121.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful. I would love to see these!

Somebody call the STL Rams.

Wear those with the regular helmet and you've got a winner.

The regular helmet is navy. These unis are a lot more royal. While not terrible, it wouldn't look as good as ^^^ and likely not a winner.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it an unpopular opinion to think that the current Pitt unis are pretty much perfect (maybe just enlarge the chest wordmark to make it legible or remove it altogether so as not to clash with the Pitt helmet script)?

conner-1.jpg

I've never understood the nostalgia for the old Pittsburgh colors. I agree that their current uniforms are the best they've ever worn, and if you're going to change anything, just make the helmet logo consistent with the collar logo. Simple. Only other suggestion would be to invert the stripes so that they're G-B-W-B-G.

I'm indifferent to which wordmark I like more, though. I see nothing wrong with the PITT wordmark and like it in a vacuum, but I also like the script.

The old Pitt colors(1973-1996) coincided with athletic success both in basketball and football during that span, and thousands of fans have great memories of those times. In football, the Panthers had outstanding teams, and a large number of eventual NFL hall of famers. The dominant 1976 National Champs featured one of the greatest college players of all time, routed Notre Dame at South Bend, and administrated of one the worst beatings an SEC champ has ever suffered in a bowl game. Tony Dorsett, Hugh Green, Dan Marino, Rickey Jackson, and Curtis Martin were some of the legendary players fans remember today. Many folks felt the block logo was boring, and there wasn't any reason to switch in 1997. Not many football teams use script as a helmet logo, the Florida Gators current look began around 1980.

I posted a photo of a recruit holding this helmet before and I said i hoped it was not real and never showed up....but on a recent recruiting visit, this helmet popped up.... let me just be the first to say i am extremely embarrassed and hope this never hits the field.....this would be the biggest reach of CFCS on a facemask i've seen reently

EDIT: There is also a blue version apparently

What in the hell is that random gold section under the chin of the bear?

Reflection of something gold in the room. It's a metallic decal.

I would much rather see something like thsi than what they have here

"#Cal football had hoped to wear Joe Roth throwback unis once this year but Nike is doing no throwbacks in 2015. Tentative plans for 2016."

These are the Joe Roth throwbacks last worn in 2007 and definitely one of my top ten all time looks in any sport

The regular helmet is navy. These unis are a lot more royal. While not terrible, it wouldn't look as good as ^^^ and likely not a winner.

The cal throwback looks like a very nice high school uniform from the mid 70's. Cal should stick to basic navy & yellow. It just works for them.

Curtis Martin wasn't a "legendary" player at Pitt. He had injury issues.

Legendary was too strong a word, but Martin did become one of the NFL's all time leading rushers. Martin had a great season in 1993, and was off to an explosive start in 1994 before getting hurt. He was yet another memorable Pitt player, even though the program was so-so from the mid 80s to mid 90s. The amount of NFL talent from 1973-96 was impressive, to say the least, and there were plenty of memorable moments connected with the Pitt script during that era. Success is always connected with logos and uniforms, and overall, that's what people are responding to.

The cal throwback looks like a very nice high school uniform from the mid 70's. Cal should stick to basic navy & yellow. It just works for them.

My thoughts exactly. Nostalgia's getting some people a little carried away here

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

University of Texas possibly making jump to Under Armour in 2016?

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/28/8677001/texas-longhorns-apparel-under-armour-nike-contract

Highlights of the article: Under Armour plans to offer Texas a record-setting 10-year, $150 Million deal to join the Maryland based company. Apparently, the Longhorns may make the jump due to Nike being unwilling to fork out large sums of cash for apparel deals.

University of Texas possibly making jump to Under Armour in 2016?

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/28/8677001/texas-longhorns-apparel-under-armour-nike-contract

Highlights of the article: Under Armour plans to offer Texas a record-setting 10-year, $150 Million deal to join the Maryland based company. Apparently, the Longhorns may make the jump due to Nike being unwilling to fork out large sums of cash for apparel deals.

Texas would be stupid NOT to take it imo. Money talks, even for a university with an athletic budget the size of what UT has...

My understanding of the situation was that if UA is going to get Wisconsin, they are going to scale back on getting Michigan and put all that money into getting Texas. Looks like they are getting Wisconsin.

No, they're great uniforms in general. Sure, they have thing which should be changed (yellow facemask, yellow numbers), but they're better than anything the school has worn in at least 20 years AND they're in actual school colors instead of the darker blue they switched to right around the time other school decided they were too cool for royal blue.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My understanding of the situation was that if UA is going to get Wisconsin, they are going to scale back on getting Michigan and put all that money into getting Texas. Looks like they are getting Wisconsin.

I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome is reversed. Wisconsin heads to Nike, and Michigan goes to UA. Just because the Badgers is talking about going to UA doesn't mean it will happen. Same might be true for Texas, don't be surprised that Nike will not let Texas leave without a fight, or for that matter a huge fat contract.

CGLxLDmUQAAy1WB.jpg

Better then most Grey Alts, would work better with green number though.

Atrocious.

I can deal with the gray uniform, but I hate that helmet..you can barely see the logo.

spacer.png

CGLxLDmUQAAy1WB.jpg

Better then most Grey Alts, would work better with green number though.

Atrocious.

I can deal with the gray uniform, but I hate that helmet..you can barely see the logo.

I feel like I should hate this but for some reason I don't.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived