College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Looks great.

Please tell me you're joking. There's nothing about that jersey that looks great. The shoulder stripes are still wrong. The number font is wrong. The tire tread is everywhere.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great.

Please tell me you're joking. There's nothing about that jersey that looks great. The shoulder stripes are still wrong. The number font is wrong. The tire tread is everywhere.

What it comes down to is this: I want my team to win. In regards to the uniform, the Techfit jersey gives my school the best chance to win. Is it a huge difference? Of course not, but the Techfit jersey, in terms of function, is the best jersey on the market. It was designed to make the player harder to grab. It is lighter, uses less fabric, and has practically no seams. That makes it a better football jersey than comparable jerseys from Nike and Under Armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXs7OfbMqY

Am I enamored with the "tire tread?" No, but I can live with it (maybe it is because the tire tread is more of a liability on a darker jersey).

A set of stripes down to the armpit on a compression shirt (with little sleeve length) would look out of proportion and worse than what adidas came up with for UCLA.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

No offense, but you sound an awful lot like a paid shill.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

U2sX5CK_.jpg

Looks great. Hopefully it's their primary and not their alternate.

So the story about the stripes not being able to look like the old jerseys because of the new material and sewing was all bs correct?! Because this crap goes down further than the others and way past the materials coming together and still doesn't look anything like the traditional. It's cool to come on here and see the new looks but when traditional looks are being murdered by some artistic turd that probably doesn't watch or care about sports it really irritates me and I'm sure most of you all. I wouldn't mind the ncaa or the conferences standing up and have some limits on how many helmets pant jerseys teams can have and also make them wait 3 years before they can change anything from the recent set.

U2sX5CK_.jpg

Looks great. Hopefully it's their primary and not their alternate.

So the story about the stripes not being able to look like the old jerseys because of the new material and sewing was all bs correct?! Because this crap goes down further than the others and way past the materials coming together and still doesn't look anything like the traditional. It's cool to come on here and see the new looks but when traditional looks are being murdered by some artistic turd that probably doesn't watch or care about sports it really irritates me and I'm sure most of you all. I wouldn't mind the ncaa or the conferences standing up and have some limits on how many helmets pant jerseys teams can have and also make them wait 3 years before they can change anything from the recent set.

No offense, but you sound an awful lot like a paid shill.

I'm not. But I've done my research.
A Jersey does not give a team a better chance to win. It matters how good your program is. I'm a Miami fan, and I don't expect them to play better because they will have techfit jerseys. I expect them to play better when Al Golden's sorry ass gets fired and they actually hire a competent coach.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Looks great.

What it comes down to is this: I want my team to win. In regards to the uniform, the Techfit jersey gives my school the best chance to win. Is it a huge difference? Of course not, but the Techfit jersey, in terms of function, is the best jersey on the market. It was designed to make the player harder to grab. It is lighter, uses less fabric, and has practically no seams. That makes it a better football jersey than comparable jerseys from Nike and Under Armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXs7OfbMqY

Am I enamored with the "tire tread?" No, but I can live with it (maybe it is because the tire tread is more of a liability on a darker jersey).

A set of stripes down to the armpit on a compression shirt (with little sleeve length) would look out of proportion and worse than what adidas came up with for UCLA.

Are you serious? When has a uniform and its technology ever won a game for a team? Even Oregon, with their top-of-the-line Nike jerseys, has never claimed a uniform won them a game. The technology is nice but at the end of the day, it comes down to the skill of the players and their ability to execute a gameplan to win ballgames.

Looks great.

What it comes down to is this: I want my team to win. In regards to the uniform, the Techfit jersey gives my school the best chance to win.

Like the 2006 Olympic hockey tournament that was won by Sweden, one of the two teams not wearing the mythical Nike Swift hockeys jerseys that were 43% lighter and offered 15% less wind resistence than traditional jerseys. The other team not wearing Swift jerseys, the Swiss, finished second in their group upsetting both Canada and the Czechs.

An nice marketing piece on the wonders of the Swift jerseys: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2005-nr-114-en

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I suspect that UCLA jersey will look fine on the field. That is, assuming the tire tread is more sublimated than the promo shots make it look like it was last year. Though it does concern me that it seems to be covering the entire jersey.

I get that people don't like the aesthetic choices that adidas has made. I, too, hated their past few sets of March Madness uniforms.

In football, however, adidas' jerseys are technically superior. From a functional point of view, the ideal football jersey would be very similar to a wrestling unitard: a tight, seamless outfit that limits access points for the opponent to grab the fabric.

7247147-WIR-Wisconsin-Iowa-Wrestling-02_

In football, the most functional jersey would be hard to grab (very tight and without seams) and just large enough to cover the shoulder pads.

Looks great.

I never liked the Clarendon font for UCLA. I always thought it looked a little too . . . well, feminine:

foster-jersey-lg2.jpg

I don't care for the script "Ucla" either. I would replace it with this:

7277_ucla_bruins-wordmark-0.png

(maybe too TCU-ish?)

or even this:

ucla-wordmark-main-1.jpg

I suspect that UCLA jersey will look fine on the field. That is, assuming the tire tread is more sublimated than the promo shots make it look like it was last year. Though it does concern me that it seems to be covering the entire jersey.

It won't be. The only time no one notices it is when the jersey is white. I'm betting gold Shockweb pants will be included as well. The only "good" looking part of that uniform, the stripes, need to be skinnier and closer to the shoulder/sleeve area. The numbers are ok but don't need a pattern running through them. And the Pac-12 logo is virtually invisible. This is not a good uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I never liked the Clarendon font for UCLA. I always thought it looked a little too . . . well, feminine:

giphy.gif

Can we not drag even unintentional misogyny into this, please?

And I get what people find aesthetically pleasing is all subjective but this is literally the only time I can remember someone saying they don't like the script UCLA.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

giphy.gif

And I get what people find aesthetically pleasing is all subjective but this is literally the only time I can remember someone saying they don't like the script UCLA.

Why can't he say it looks feminine to him? Feminine is an adjective. Just because something looks feminine to him doesn't mean he a misogynist. We are talking about football uniforms. Men's football uniforms. I could never understand this over the top Political Correctness. Its not like he is saying "OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A FEMALE FONT AND WOMEN ARE BY FAR THE LESSER SEX! MEN DOMINATE THIS WORLD SO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DONE MANLY!" He said it looks a little feminine. How is that not ok? Masculine and Feminine have real characteristics... its ok to use them when describing something.

People are so over the top sensitive. He didn't say anything offensive. He was describing the logo. Give it a rest.

giphy.gif

Why can't he say it looks feminine to him? Feminine is an adjective. Just because something looks feminine to him doesn't mean he a misogynist. We are talking about football uniforms. Men's football uniforms. I could never understand this over the top Political Correctness. Its not like he is saying "OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A FEMALE FONT AND WOMEN ARE BY FAR THE LESSER SEX! MEN DOMINATE THIS WORLD SO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DONE MANLY!" He said it looks a little feminine. How is that not ok? Masculine and Feminine have real characteristics... its ok to use them when describing something.

People are so over the top sensitive. He didn't say anything offensive. He was describing the logo. Give it a rest.

You just wrote about it at least three times as much as he did, dragging out the tired "politically correct" bit. So who's being over sensitive?

I'm with Geoff on this. This is not a feminine font, it's been the standard uniform font for years, and every time UCLA goes away from it they come back to it. Why? It's a classic look and it goes back to some of UCLA's best football teams. When everyone else had standard block numbers with very little deviation this was how they helped stand out from the crowd.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I get that people don't like the aesthetic choices that adidas has made. I, too, hated their past few sets of March Madness uniforms.

In football, however, adidas' jerseys are technically superior. From a functional point of view, the ideal football jersey would be very similar to a wrestling unitard: a tight, seamless outfit that limits access points for the opponent to grab the fabric.

7247147-WIR-Wisconsin-Iowa-Wrestling-02_

In football, the most functional jersey would be hard to grab (very tight and without seams) and just large enough to cover the shoulder pads.

Except that all jerseys are designed to be form fitting like that

Archived