Unused Logos and Uniforms

Now I wish the Memphis Hound Dogs made it into the NFL over the Jags.

Any other option that year would have been better then Jacksonville (business-wise, not necessarily uniform and logo-wise).

Plus, they could have added a dog team plus a cat team...instant rivalry.

Two cat expansion teams? What were they thinking?

• Like 1
87Redskins.png

I've seen these before and never understood, how the NFL could go with such crappy designs (Stallions, Eagles). Osaki and Verlander both are great studios but maybe in the 90s they werent available. So who did these????

I used to love that unused 76ers logo set, but I look back and have no idea what I was thinking. Everything from the colors to the minor league baseball cheesiness of the whole thing is awful. What they eventually settled on wasn't great, but it was a lot better than that set of logos.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 2 years later...

Browns_alt_1.gif

heres one for ya stright from Cleveland thats right i said Cleveland

1964-1965 pre-season logo never used

Clevejacked.png

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

9192-leaked.jpg

thank god they didn't use this. :P

Yeah, cuz their current jerseys are so much more creative <_<

Current jerseys may not be as creative, but I'd rather use those than the ones we're lookin' at here.

These just have a fake look to them....

At least it has a proper logo

mJoVGBS9inwX_F_02CH48jw.jpgp1495648reg.jpg

The only place I have ever seen the 2004 Cardinals Blue Alt is on ESPN NFL 2K5 and eBay.

I don't think they ever wore it.

That always was a fashion jersey like the gold 49ers, yellow Packers, silver Raiders, and navy Dolphins that were all out at various times in the 1990s and 2000s.

Dallas seems to have all sorts of half-baked ideas that get shut down right before they make the ice

DallasStarsAltGold_small.jpg

This was from somewhere around 2002. A version used to be on nhluniforms.com, but I think most of the never-worns are gone. this one got all the way to the retail stage. Had a chance to buy one a few years ago for around $200, I wish I would have jumped on it.

This font was also played with in 1993

prototypes43cx700.jpg

Interesting, but I'm glad it never made it.

Goes all the way back to the North Stars days, they dropped this after their unlikely cup run in 1981

oidnhm4hi49p4qbv0x5zf3wsu.gif

Cleveland Barons

baronsjersey0002_op_800x600.jpg

There's one of these in the Hockey Hall of Fame, they were all made and ready to go, and then the team folded.

I actually contacted the St. Louis Blues when I was out there this past June, went into their offices and asked about the never worn 1996 third jersey. The secretary had no idea, said the only jersey hung up in the office was the one in the main entry, an authentic blue home jersey in a frame. I emailed their PR guy and told them about the claim that there was one of those hung up in the office as a symbol to never let something like that happen again. He said it was a great story, but assured me it wasn't there. In fact, nobody in the organization talks about those, and he's looked around. They're probably in some dark storage compartment locked away like the Ark of the Covenant. (my words, not his)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

mJoVGBS9inwX_F_02CH48jw.jpgp1495648reg.jpg

The only place I have ever seen the 2004 Cardinals Blue Alt is on ESPN NFL 2K5 and eBay.

I don't think they ever wore it.

That always was a fashion jersey like the gold 49ers, yellow Packers, silver Raiders, and navy Dolphins that were all out at various times in the 1990s and 2000s.

On ESPN NFL 2K5 it was listed as their alternate jersey.

Wait, what's this about Jacksonville being forced to change their logo?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)