• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only surprise I have with the new primary is the "Utah" font isn't Optima; and all indications for me (and probably everyone else) going in is that "Utah" would be simply put above the Jazz wordmark. Also, I may also be a bit of a homer here, but the note ball works better in the roundel than most roundels, though they could remove the roundel altogether and just have "Utah Jazz Basketball" surrounding the note ball.

Is it me, or has the green gotten lighter? If so, that's the best part of this update.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

The only surprise I have with the new primary is the "Utah" font isn't Optima; and all indications for me and everyone else going in is that "Utah" would be simply put above the Jazz wordmark. Also, I may also be a bit of a homer here, but the note ball works better in the roundel than most roundels, though they could remove the roundel altogether and just have "Utah Jazz Basketball" surrounding the note ball.

Is it me, or has the green gotten lighter? If so, that's the best part of this update.

But imagine this logo in black and white and remove the word marks, that logo could be used for any basketball team in history. It is by far the least creative logo in history. A basketball in a circle with the team name around it. Who ever thought this was a good idea deserves to be shot

1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

On a Suns related note...here is their new D-League package.  Right away I'll say the numbers on the white jersey should be purple.

nazlogos160511_777x442.jpg?itok=7qJDPnOb

nazsunsjerseys160511_777x500.jpg

The purple uniforms and number font are actually nice, but for the love of, get some purple on that white uniform!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

Just now, Germanshepherd said:

If the wordmark is the new primary logo I love it, just kinda wish it was purple, if it's the roundel then it's probably the most boring logo in the league. 

I'm pretty confident the "UTAH JAZZ" wordmark is the new primary, given its extensive use by the team.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

I highly doubt that roundel is the new Jazz primary, I'm betting it's the secondary. As much as the wordmark is basically the faux-primary now, I can't imagine they'd depart from it for a roundel.

Regarding the roundel, though...it may seem weird, but I'd be ecstatic if it was used at center court. From my lifelong-fan perspective, It'd be a good nod to the old Delta Center court that featured the multi-colored ball at the center.

And I too hope at least the green was brightened. The uniforms are in dire need of some contrast between the navy and green.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I knew I was wrong to get my hopes up when the Jazz said they were designing a new secondary logo.

If they really did lighten the colors...I'm going to add another note to my sig just for the humor of it.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

nazlogos160511_777x442.jpg?itok=7qJDPnOb

nazsunsjerseys160511_777x500.jpg

The Suns really need to lay off the black in their logos, for the most part. Dark purple and orange is the way to go.

Their BFBS primary logo will age very quickly, considering it belongs to a purple and orange team...

23843702014.gif

Archived