CS85

2016 NCAA Football Thread

memphis vs bowling green.....77-3 Memphis early 4th good grief!!

image.jpg

I though Cal-ASU would be tied at 46 by now. Come on defenses start sucking. 

ASU is doing all they can to suck on defense. Too bad their offense looks even worse. 

Minus that absolutely TRASH secondary, ASU is playing surprisingly well tonight. Wilkins is a ton of fun. 

Now that's more like it Cal-ASU. Nice win for Colorado today. I had feeling going into the season that the Buffs might surprise and be bowl worthy. 

So Brian Kelly is putting all the blame for today's loss on the players, and basically threw Kizer under the bus. Yet he refuses to acknowlege that his coaching staff has failed miserably. What a jackass.

5 hours ago, burgundy said:

So Brian Kelly is putting all the blame for today's loss on the players, and basically threw Kizer under the bus. Yet he refuses to acknowlege that his coaching staff has failed miserably. What a jackass.

We might see him commentating for someone else by the end of the year if his contract payout wasn't so big. Notre Dame's defense has been horrible as ll year.

10 hours ago, lilben777 said:

memphis vs bowling green.....77-3 Memphis early 4th good grief!!

image.jpg

Bowling Green was picked to win the MAC East this year and they've been crushed like thin two games. I'm feeling better about OU's chances to be in the MAC championship game. 

24 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Bowling Green was picked to win the MAC East this year and they've been crushed like thin two games. I'm feeling better about OU's chances to be in the MAC championship game. 

Nobody in the East is above .500, so I think it's still up for grabs.

ECU needs to :censored: burn those white helmets, the slight hint of purple and goldarrow-10x10.png flakes didn't help either.

Proof:

White helmets Gamearrow-10x10.png 1

White helmets Game #2: Go to 2:42:30

White helmet Game #3

WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY!

End of FIRST HALF: 38-0 VT!

VT SCORED MORE POINTS THAN IN THE LAST TWO TIMES WE PLAYED COMBINED.

59 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Notre Dame fired DC Brian VanGorder

Somebody had to take the bullet for that meltdown yesterday. Notre Dame was supposed to be a playoff contender, now they're a 1-3 team that, maybe with a few lucky bounces, could be 3-1 instead. Somebody had to go down...

Les Miles and Cam Cameron have been fired, per CBS Sports. Ed Ogeron taking over, per ESPN.

26 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Les Miles and Cam Cameron have been fired, per CBS Sports. Ed Ogeron taking over, per ESPN.

Second winningest coach in LSU history,  the highest winning percentage for any coach in school history as well as two SEC titles, and a National Title to his name. But none of that means anyhing if you can't answer one question. What have you done for me lately?

And since he hasn't played Mississippi or Alabama yet they pulled the plug instead of risking a 7-5 campaign. I would love to see Lane Kiffin go there, but no way he jumps to LSU if he has to play Saban every year. I think if Penn State opens up he likes his chances there better. 

In this impatient sports world we live in it's more like: what have you done for me this second?

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And since he hasn't played Mississippi or Alabama yet they pulled the plug instead of risking a 7-5 campaign. I would love to see Lane Kiffin go there, but no way he jumps to LSU if he has to play Saban every year. I think if Penn State opens up he likes his chances there better. 

He'll be 63 in November. That's not the age to be starting a new gig at a Power 5.

He's lost six in a row to Alabama and was just 12-10 in his last 22 against Power 5 teams.

Kiffin? He's 41. I think Miles is headed to the studio or becoming a coaching guru, ala Gruden. 

15 hours ago, dfwabel said:

He'll be 63 in November. That's not the age to be starting a new gig at a Power 5.

He's lost six in a row to Alabama and was just 12-10 in his last 22 against Power 5 teams.

FIU fired Ron Turner as well. Can we put Les Miles to FIU? (A guy can dream, can't he?)

Truthfully, AD Pete Garcia will botch this next hire as well. Watch him dig up the corpse of someone like Ron Zook, Turner Gill, or Ty WIllingham next. He never should've fired Cristobal.