NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Black has been in their logo since day 1.

I wonder if the Falcons feel compelled to change soon because their current set will be remembered for the super choke.

The Bills kept their four-losses-era set for a while. Just because a team choked in those unis doesn't detract from the fact they made it this far.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bwburke94 said:

The Bills kept their four-losses-era set for a while. Just because a team choked in those unis doesn't detract from the fact they made it this far.

None of those four losses were like the Falcons' loss. But I get your point. 

18 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

None of those four losses were like the Falcons' loss. But I get your point. 

I'm sure Scott Norwood's Wide Right was pretty gut wrenching.  Maybe not quite as bad, but in the same area code.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

8 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm sure Scott Norwood's Wide Right was pretty gut wrenching.  Maybe not quite as bad, but in the same area code.

Maybe the same state. 

Giants-Bills was a close, tight game all the way. And back then, a 47-yard kick (on grass) was no guarantee. What the Falcons did was muuuuuuch worse. 

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Maybe the same state. 

Giants-Bills was a close, tight game all the way. And back then, a 47-yard kick (on grass) was no guarantee. What the Falcons did was muuuuuuch worse. 

Fair enough . . . and I agree.

I'm a Ravens fan, so I've witnessed Billy Cundiff and the 49ers' (thankfully only near-) comeback in SB XLVII.  Even if Cundiff honked his kick in the Super Bowl, I'm pretty sure a loss to the 49ers would have felt much worse after a 28-6 lead.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

4 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Sorry to open old wounds. Hahaha.

Considering the Super Bowl, the new stadium, the popularity of their throwbacks, and how dated these uniforms are, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to change soon.

Only one old wound.  SB XLVII is a happy memory . . . after some pacing and nail biting.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they decide to change soon . . . and I hope they do.  I can't stand the current uniforms.  To me, the only redeeming quality is the numbers . . .except 11, which looks like a pause button.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:12 PM, jp1409 said:

Was at Ford Field yesterday and the Lions really don't use black outside of their uniforms anymore. Endzones are back in blue, field walls are blue and charcoal, even the logos on the walls have a charcoal outline instead of black, game program is blue and charcoal and the old logo blue and grey stripes are used everywhere... I've got to be honest, this looks pretty good.

tempGSC79289--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempGSC79310--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Good call!

While the Falcons Glanville change may not have been BFBS, an argument could be made that it was "Black Overkill For Black Overkill's Sake".  Black jersey, black helmet, black logo on helmet, black hat/shirt/pants on the head coach.  They went from a beautiful red-centric uniform/helmet to something much less attractive, and the black logo on a black helmet was the worst mistake of all.

I'm fine with the Falcons current helmet logo and feel it's better than the one it replaced (and this coming from a traditionalist).  It just needs to be on a red helmet.  Remove the unnecessary crap from the jersey and those are okay, as well.

38 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those uniforms are still remembered by me as being associated with electrocuted dogs, and they didn't change them then.

It has a stigma not to mention 2012 collapse... a refreshing rebrand would not hurt

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those uniforms are still remembered by me as being associated with electrocuted dogs, and they didn't change them then.

Very good point. Stark, too.

I think dropping the black jersey and pants was part of moving on, but not quite.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Falcons won't be changing their logo anytime soon as the new stadium is going to have the logo as a section of the seats.

West%20Endzone%20View%2009.02.14_revised

good point. If they were to ever switch logos would they have to cater it to match the seats now?

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Falcons won't be changing their logo anytime soon as the new stadium is going to have the logo as a section of the seats.

West%20Endzone%20View%2009.02.14_revised

The inside of the stadium looks really nice, but thanks to what a certain poster said, I can't see anything but a robot's :censored: on the outside.

Archived