NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

I know it's early, but can we speculate or confirm any changes to NFL team uniforms or logos for NEXT year?

I'd love to see the Cards and Jags implement some changes.  Heck, the Chargers could use some refinement too.

I heard the Lions have something in store?

Besides the Steelers mothballing the bumblebee alts, are there other changes on the way?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors that the Falcons will go to a throwback again for the alternate. If I were a betting man, I'd assume they'd revive the 1966 throwback jerseys, which are the same as the 1990s set. That way they could satisfy the one helmet rule and they'd probably include silver or gray pants like they used to wear.

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Can we lock this until at least the end of the regular season?

IIRC these threads normally get deleted until there's actually a story about someone planning changes.  

48 minutes ago, dont care said:

what 3 year rule about helmets?

That's how long bacteria takes to climb on them, after three years you can't eat them anymore. 

Or when a team changes its helmet it has to maintain the new look for three years before making further changes. 

One or the other. 

On 10/7/2016 at 4:43 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

the Seahawks will have played 5 seasons in their current unis by end of this year so they'll have the option. and anyone who has made a change before then (Reebok designs). 

I don't see the Seahawks changing as long as we see continued success with the core group and coach. I was unsure about their look when it was unveiled but now all I see in it is the Super Bowl contenders and champs.

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I wonder if the Falcons are changing. Their Color Rush is generic, not a throwback and pretty unconnected to their current set, and they're moving into a new stadium. Wouldn't be a surprise if they changed.

Pretty sure Rich McKay said no changes but possible throwbacks returning. We already have the 1966 throwbacks but can't wear them with the one helmet rule. That's why I assumed they meant bringing back the 1990s era look which used the exact same jersey but silver pants and a black helmet. That would satisfy all rules and give them another option.

Though I'm not sure I'd classify the Color Rush as generic.  It's almost a mix of the 1966 throwback recolored with the current logo. The jersey design and pants stripes are the same as that set. Seems like a mixing of eras to me. Better than the current uniforms. I'd take that as the basis for a new set. Really any uniform from the Falcons past would be miles ahead of the current look, which is very stale now. Extremely surprised to see it last this long.

Was at Ford Field yesterday and the Lions really don't use black outside of their uniforms anymore. Endzones are back in blue, field walls are blue and charcoal, even the logos on the walls have a charcoal outline instead of black, game program is blue and charcoal and the old logo blue and grey stripes are used everywhere... I've got to be honest, this looks pretty good.

tempGSC79289--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

tempGSC79310--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Someone will probably change for next season. I saw somewhere that this is the first time in almost 2 decades (17 years to be exact) that there is no new uniform in the league.

I just wish the Jags revived their last helmet with the teal finish over the black but add gold into it too with the new logo. In my head it looks really nice, but so do a lot of things... If the jags did that, Jets stick to one good looking green, Bengals get rid of white side panels and switch number font to what the color rush is and Falcons ditch the Vick jerseys -- it would be perfect and I would get madden 18 most likely. Didn't get 17 because other from it basically being the same exact game, no new unis.

(disclaimer - the foregoing is all opinion)

GO NETS.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Has anyone in the other thread discussed how the LA Rams are using a lot of blue and white imagery right now? Their sideline padding doesn't have any gold and the Twitter avi for them is the Rams logo, but washed out of any yellow. 

Yes that has been covered a lot  in the other thread.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived