NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

16 minutes ago, usulkane said:

Would love if they did this EXCEPT for one detail. The wings on the helmet. I always thought the current wings were too busy in terms and too rounded off at the front. Just give me back the silver wings with white outline. The older wings (Jaworski/ Cunningham era's) were more like a 45 degree angle at the front.

I like the subtle detail inside the wings. Especially since it's only white on silver. The all silver wing just seems too blocky to me. Really like the concept above.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Eh, I don't really get the love for that shade of green, but I guess I have the unpopular opinion here of actually liking the midnight green...

I think the midnight green on its own is fine but then they pair it with black which is way too similar in tone. Kind of like the old Seahawks who had two shades of dark blue.

The Falcons looked absolutely perfect on Sunday. I've always been one to think the new crest is superior to the old logo, but for some reason I just love the simplicity of the old one on that black helmet with those black jerseys, and the white pants look so much better than the gaudy, over-striped silver ones of the 90s. 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The Falcons looked absolutely perfect on Sunday. I've always been one to think the new crest is superior to the old logo, but for some reason I just love the simplicity of the old one on that black helmet with those black jerseys, and the white pants look so much better than the gaudy, over-striped silver ones of the 90s. 

I think somewhere in between on the logos would be my preference. The old one is a bit too plain while the new one seems over designed and forced.

Their unis look better in game than in the pictures I do agree that they could use a new primary logo the old one looks frightened but the one they have now looks like it either belongs to some super gritty edgy 90s hero or 2000s crap

5 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Quickly done but maybe this direction.

FalconsProgress.jpg

It looks unfinished, plus the claw is too small and raised too high. The point of it's shape is to convey an "F"; that's what it needs to look like.

On 10/21/2016 at 7:52 PM, oldschoolvikings said:
2 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

So does anyone have any real info on potential 2017 changes? Or maybe do a few more mockups on fantasy Eagles uniforms that aren't happening anytime soon?

The only real prevalent rumors I can think of is the possibility of Detroit dropping black and the Titans GM or Owner entertaining a possible uniform change in the future. 

That's the main reason I really like Color Rush - the NFL is so stupid with their years-long process to change uniforms that Color Rush is really the only way we get new uniforms to talk about save for the rare throwback like the Falcons just did. 

11 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It looks unfinished, plus the claw is too small and raised too high. The point of it's shape is to convey an "F"; that's what it needs to look like.

The forced GIANT claw is one of the worst aspects of the past logos. My feeling is, forcing an "F" form isn't worth the poor designed form. Good concept, but in the end, the final should be a more refined falcon and not an "F".

On 26/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, OrangeRush said:

The only real prevalent rumors I can think of is the possibility of Detroit dropping black and the Titans GM or Owner entertaining a possible uniform change in the future. 

That's the main reason I really like Color Rush - the NFL is so stupid with their years-long process to change uniforms that Color Rush is really the only way we get new uniforms to talk about save for the rare throwback like the Falcons just did. 

I love the NFL policy. Makes it so that teams are carefully and have jerseys that last. 

Also the best on limiting alternate jerseys. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

In theory I like the policy but in reality it doesn't work. We've seen too many instances of horrible designs that the team is stuck with (Bucs, Jags, etc.). Needs to be some sort of process for review that a team can go to the NFL, say "we screwed up", and are given a waiver to change.

Archived