NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

2 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Looks like something's going down regarding the Hawks, Hornets, Lakers, Heat, Warriors, Pacers, Bucks, and Suns. Possibly the eight teams getting Classic uniforms?

2017-08-04.png

100%.

Jaguars

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Looks like something's going down regarding the Hawks, Hornets, Lakers, Heat, Warriors, Pacers, Bucks, and Suns. Possibly the eight teams getting Classic uniforms?

2017-08-04.png

NICE!  Can't wait to see them.

Saw this concept on Twitter, these retros would be beautiful.

SunsRetro.jpg.ffcfdf5cb7ec647c88da5d4a315890f8.jpg

44 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It' hasn't changed much, but it's very Miami Heat.  Two main colors, white, and yellow accents (and yellow doesn't show up in the wordmark or numbers).

I guess their not retiring Pau Gasol's no.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

2017-08-04.png

If so, then a big "yes!" to most of them. I think we all know which ones the Hornets and Heat are going for, I'd bet Suns are going inaugural for thier 50th, and the Hawks, Bucks, and Pacers have some great possibilities. The only one I'm not that excited about is the Warriors, only because I'd be shocked if it weren't the "City" set and I'd much rather see the 70's or Run TMC set at this point.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

17 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

2017-08-04.png

Safe bet.  We've seen the throwback Hornets.  The Warriors have some kind of throwback with the new, blocky font shown on the Fanatics shirts.  The Pacers and Lakers have an "Xth anniversary"coming up...and the Heat, Hawks Bucks, and Suns have a "Xth Season" coming up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

2017-08-04.png

More than likely that's what this is.  And rumor has it the Bucks are finally throwing back to the '80s and the triple green Irish rainbows.

If these are the team's with throwbacks, this is what I'd like to see ...

jersey.thumb.png.691f1d871c1fbb4c3e9a974d89dda586.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers wore the sky blue Minneapolis throwback, the Hawks wearing the lime green jersey again or the Pacers wearing the stupid Hickory "fauxbacks."

Didn't I hear somewhere on these threads that the Pacers were going with a white Hickory jersey?

Either way, I can't wait!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

2017-08-04.png

Am I just seeing things or is that the 90's Suns logo in the right hand corner?

42 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Am I just seeing things or is that the 90's Suns logo in the right hand corner?

I could be seeing things, but I think it's the current sun-burst logo with possibly no black shape background.  Kinda like the logo on the draft hat.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Supercoollimp said:

Not going to lie I'm feeling the no collar or armhole stripping 

Same here. So far to me it looks really cluttered when they have both on this new template.

a2BRS8U.png

I'm pretty sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely hate the Hawks blue and lime green throwbacks and hope that's not what they get. If it's not the Nique classics, that's a big swing and a miss.

I also despise the volt they use and wish it was simply the traditional yellow. I was so excited when they started reintroducing the Pac logo towards the end of the navy and blue era, that I had high expectations for the new uniforms.

They feel somewhat familiar as the classic Hawks but also feel like a cheap knockoff. Classic shade of yellow would do wonders. Or a modern interpretation of the Nique throwbacks would be great. I know I've seen some awesome concepts on here before.

3 hours ago, suns1977 said:

NICE!  Can't wait to see them.

Saw this concept on Twitter, these retros would be beautiful.

SunsRetro.jpg.ffcfdf5cb7ec647c88da5d4a315890f8.jpg

I like this set but that number font looks out of place...a western number font would make this perfect.  And this is still proof Phoenix can look great with just white, purple and orange.  NO BLACK OR GRAY NEEDED!

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Any word on the Bucks getting a cream alternate?

It would be nice, but as far as I know we are keeping the same 3 sets as last year and adding the '80s throwback.  Personally, I don't like our black set that much so if they ever replaced it with something else I probably wouldn't mind.

5 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

It would be nice, but as far as I know we are keeping the same 3 sets as last year and adding the '80s throwback.  Personally, I don't like our black set that much so if they ever replaced it with something else I probably wouldn't mind.

Remember, if the Bucks are indeed one of the eight teams getting a throwback, then they'll technically have five uniforms in their rotation, meaning there'd still be room in their set for a cream alt (or something else entirely).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived