Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

16 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Lakers home games have always been color on color except Sundays (since 2003).

Lol, I think we’re all well aware of that... And that’s actually not completely true, as they had white home uniforms in their MPLS days and their early years in LA. They switched to the purple and gold scheme with the yellow home uniforms in 1966/67.

11 hours ago, Kaz said:

OKC should model their next primary set after these:

OKC_city2.png

This is what OKC would have worn if they existed in the 90s

21 hours ago, Teal said:

Any idea how long it takes? It’s 6am here in Australia. Not sure if I should wait up or go to sleep. 

@Teal you my guy and all..but STOP TROLLING @Conrad.

Dude is hella busy..i hope you are satisfied with the post cause it sounded like you were on death row in Australia. Anyways. One love to ya. I only said that cause I care didn't want you to come off too nagging. Besides...

Conrad only stops by here nowadays to sign autographs and kiss babies.. 🤣😁

I'll comment on the jerseys later. Been busy myself so I only have time to lurk and like.

I'm gonna hold off judgement until we see the real thing in action, but for me, the OKC gray jersey has some good ideas that aren't quite there, and the end result looks corny in a very '90s way, like a Party City store.

18 hours ago, henburg said:

Wow, that barely took anything at all to completely fall apart. How did we get here? Are these different than Nike's college uniforms? If so, did they really never stress test them? This has to be embarrassing for them at this point. 

Man, none of these manufacturers seem to be able to get it right nowadays. Nike had this problem, they had the toilet seat collars in the NFL, Reebok had the terrible materials for the first Edge jerseys...

i am exhausted of teams wearing white on the road.. its driving me crazy. can we please go back to old traditions

Chicago Bulls were the ONLY team to announce wearing their ICON jersey at home at the big reveal..

However it seems that everybody jumped ship on the idea..except Lakers. SMH. 

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The colors, sure, but the design, absolutely not. It’s an alright design for an alternate that likely won’t be worn that frequently, but definitely not a good enough design to base an entire set around. They really just need to revamp their logo set and build around that. With regards to the colors on Conrad’s mockup, I actually think the Thunder would be really smart to go with gray as their primary color with their next set (whenever they do decide to do a full redesign), with blue, orange, and yellow as their secondary colors. Scrap navy completely and go all in on gray with the bright blue, yellow, and orange colors as accents. The gray would make for a really unique primary color, and would be much more fitting with the “Thunder” name. And then the blue, orange, and yellow would all provide a nice contrast to each other and the gray.

I’d be down with that, but I’d go one step further and eliminate the orange. Would also use the darker gray that’s in the word mark instead of the uniform base. Would be very evocative of storm clouds and lightning 

14dc0fe7deadc2b45a3dfc9603e4bc892d8c0c99

If you post one more KNICKS picture..

We get the point @colortv!!

No, to answer your question I don't believe those are better than the current Knicks set. They are pretty similar but the waistband logo and the new statement unis puts them over the top.

Ok my three cents on City uniforms:

Nets - Very solid, reference to Brooklyn Bridge looks really good, full wordmarks also is not that bad.

Cavaliers - Ehh, don't know what to say. I'm not feeling this gray, should be gold imo.

Pistons  - I quite like Motor City before adidas add sleeves, so I'm ok with that.

Clippers - I like it, but I hope names will be above numbers not under like in full mockup.

Grizzlies - They giving nod to Brooklyn Nets?

Heat - Miami Vice vibe, oh yeah this is it, but I think with some side stripes it might looks even better.

Bucks - Excellent, except that it should have wordmark since they already have a jersey with logo.

Thunder - Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKeJcgrvqDo

Blazers - My favourite jersey from this mockups, not too busy, giving tribute to Dr. Jack Ramsey, shows respect to their supporters. Love it.

Kings - Similair issue like for Bucks, wordmark might be a better option (full Sacramento script) or eventually this logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/24017702017/Sacramento_Kings/2017/Alternate_Logo

Jazz - I understand that colors might have something to do with rocks? Not bad, not good, just average.

Looking at the Jazz city, it definitely evokes a Moab desert sunset sort of feel. Does it accomplish what it’s going after? Yes. Is it a good idea though? I’m not so sure. I’ll wait till I see the real thing. 

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Ok my three cents on City uniforms:

Nets - Very solid, reference to Brooklyn Bridge looks really good, full wordmarks also is not that bad.

Cavaliers - Ehh, don't know what to say. I'm not feeling this gray, should be gold imo.

Pistons  - I quite like Motor City before adidas add sleeves, so I'm ok with that.

Clippers - I like it, but I hope names will be above numbers not under like in full mockup.

Grizzlies - They giving nod to Brooklyn Nets?

Heat - Miami Vice vibe, oh yeah this is it, but I think with some side stripes it might looks even better.

Bucks - Excellent, except that it should have wordmark since they already have a jersey with logo.

Thunder - Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKeJcgrvqDo

Blazers - My favourite jersey from this mockups, not too busy, giving tribute to Dr. Jack Ramsey, shows respect to their supporters. Love it.

Kings - Similair issue like for Bucks, wordmark might be a better option (full Sacramento script) or eventually this logo: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/24017702017/Sacramento_Kings/2017/Alternate_Logo

Jazz - I understand that colors might have something to do with rocks? Not bad, not good, just average.

Totally agree about the Bucks.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

As a Pistons fan, I don’t mind Motor City, at least as you say before Adidas made them a hot mess with sleeves and removal of some of the red piping. I just don’t understand how it fits anymore as the Pistons have officially removed navy from their color scheme. I also don’t understand why their management refuses to bring back red alternates, which remain superior to the “Chrome” or Motor City variants that have come after it, especially since they now share an arena with the Red Wings and red is a huge part of their color scheme, certainly more than navy.

19 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Chicago Bulls were the ONLY team to announce wearing their ICON jersey at home at the big reveal..

However it seems that everybody jumped ship on the idea..except Lakers. SMH. 

I’m expecting pinstripes. 

I like Miami’s and can tolerate the Clippers, Nets and Pistons but the rest are all awful imo. They’re all unique at least but they’re doing nothing for me, it just seems like a bunch of concepts that someone made trying to make creative uniforms that likely wouldn’t be seen in an nba game. 

Yeah, we're definitely seeing the Magic bring out the old "pride" jerseys without sleeves and probably "O-Town" on the front. 

:puke::puke::puke: