anythinglogos

2017/18 Soccer Kits

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Wasn’t that star added to the MNT shirt in the 2000s?   For some reason the tradition of championship stars just never caught on in England. 

Yep - the 2003-05 home shirt was the first to feature a star, and it appeared on the left sleeve rather than above the crest...

cwvmuhi.png

If memory serves it was added after the FA bowed to a campaign initiated by Soccer AM, a football magazine show on UK telly.

Looks like TSC is doing the usual mega dump of leaks as I type this. Unfortunately, this round is pretty poor photo quality so it's hard to see some of the details. The good part: traditional colors: England white/blue/white, France blue/white/red, etc. Looks like custom number fonts have returned after all teams (except the US) went with the same style the last cycle. I like the red numbers on the England shorts. That looks cool against the blue.

As far as the designs go, these are extremely boring. Not seeing many stripes, sashes, or much of anything. I think I can see slightly different colored sleeves on the white England shirt, as well as the rumored St. George's cross on the red shirt (it's subtle). I'm disappointed to see the cross not on the Portugal design. That scoop collar looks bizarre, too. Early verdict is that these are more the usual paint by numbers from Nike. Same collars, minimalistic designs, and all with the same sock stripe. Disappointing.

Updated with Croatia: not as good as usual with the larger checkers and solid colored sleeves. Also, that secondary kit is one of their worst in recent memory. Their usual royal blue with minimalistic white and red checkers were always some of absolute best international kits.

brasil-rusia-2018-lk-1.jpg

brasil-rusia-2018-lk-2.jpg

france-2018-world-cup-kits-lk-1.jpg

england-2018-world-cup-kits-lk-1.jpg

portugal-2018-world-cup-kits-lk-1.jpg

croatia-2018-world-cup-kits-lk-1.jpg

usa-2018-kits-lk-1.jpg

The same sock thing is nothing new; Nike always did it that way. Some details that you haven't posted:

England home shirt has a red stripe around the neck,forming a St George's cross on the back. 

Brasil away has some sort of starry pattern

Chile,with an outstanding away top paired by a rather nondescript home one:

camisetas-chile-2018-lk-1.jpg

so i kinds like the US jerseys as opposed to previous years... and brazil/france look awesome. also i love croatia's look

Honestly Croatia is one of those teams which could stay in their current kits, but all we know that is impossible.

The only jersey that needs the number to slide to the right is the USA home kit. Not sure why everyone has to be in line with each other. That England home jersey reminds me of one of their better Umbro kits. 

That superman cape collar is pretty dam bad. Giving it to every team is even worse.

Adidas already did the number on the right chest for everyone at Euro2008, for most of those it's absolutely pointless. France looks the worst from the little we can see, just stop using navy. US probably the best of this bunch, too bad the they didn't qualify. Away kits seem like they  are generally better than the home, except for croatia where the away is really bad. Like the bigger checkers on the home though,  but the number should have been shifted to the middle white checker and in blue. Also glad they brought gold back for portugal's numbers

Every time I see those renders of the new USMNT kit, I can't help but see this:

6c3c1580-al-AA-55b57246.jpg?crop=true&wi

Nike...

Good:

- England are back to traditional colours; kits themselves are underwhelming,though

- Traditional gold trim instead of white for Portugal

- No stupid sleeves or socks!

Bad:

- Template kits yet again; all of these,except for Croatia and the US,lack identity and feel like generic footy sim kits

- Awkward number placement

- The French kits... terrible

Don't understand why France has switched to navy the past few cycles. There is no reason for it. This is how France should look

thierry-henry-france-arsenal-fc-11-june-