College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

4 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I would be shocked if the "Blue Collar" wordmark wasn't the coaching staff's idea. Harsin is the type of coach that loves to have slogans for everything.

What I see most of around Boise is "Bleed Blue", or the full "Honor Orange, Bleed Blue". The recruiting motto is either "This Is Boise, or "One Focus", for some odd reason. Harsin's mantra coming back was Attack The Future. As of yet, the future has yet to be dented. <_<

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dont care said:

Lots of teams display the monochrome options like this because it shows every possible piece of equipment better. I'm sure these aren't the only 3 combos they will wear with this set. They will mix and match.

You mean they'll mix and match like they did last year?

boise_zpszy5zhjr8.png

Oh, OK, then.

7 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

All-blue at home is Boise's signature look, and they wear all-white on the road on a regular basis. Seems to me that either Nike or the athletic department wanted to showcase the most common combos.

I know it's their signature look.

I have a cousin that wears cargo shorts with a huge parka coat all winter.  It's his signature look, too.  He looks like an idiot, so he doesn't get a free pass by claiming it's his signature look.

Trying to watch a team wearing an all-blue uniform play on an all-blue field is nauseating and bush league. It's impossible to take them seriously.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

In what way does it show ever possible piece of equipment "better"?  That makes no sense.  They have three helmets, three jerseys, and three pairs of pants. They can show all nine pieces by dressing three players in monochrome, or show all nine pieces by dressing three players in varying combinations.  How is the monochrome "better" for showing those nine pieces?  It isn't... it's only "better" for showing what those nine pieces will look like when placed in the three least interesting mixes.

its definitely easier to make sense of all the options available when they are grouped by color. you dont have to try to organize it when it already is done for you. i think its intuitive that the pieces will be mixed during the season. or at least could be— this is still the common practice for all uniform releases

592f2de9eddbd_ScreenShot2017-05-31at4_53_57PM.thumb.png.25fcf95ba316d7fdacdb1c936592256d.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Just a friendly reminder that Cal is unveiling all their Under Armour jerseys tomorrow ; I am praying for nothing garish, just something simplistic;

Nike has done a great job with our football identity over the years and I hope UA is able to uphold that. Not sure if the new secondary we got a few years back is being retained.

2017-05-31 17_12_06-Cal Athletics (@CalAthletics) _ Twitter.png

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

51 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I never liked the enormous collars Nike gave Cal.  I hope UA does something more subtle.

jahvid-best.jpg  

PDowney-1_online-900x580.jpg

I loved the current unis so much because they simplified the "claw marks" on the side that Baylor, Idaho, and numerous other teams took and also made the weird collar a little less weird but on some jerseys, it would look extremely thick (Jared Goff's first year is a perfect example;. By the time he left though, the collar wasn't as thick and made for some good looks)

179601000-e1378848756510.jpg?w=640&h=360

jared-goff-philadelphia-eagles-mock-draf

jared-goff-41f1e044621678ad.jpg

I'm really gonna miss this set but at least they can be associated with the Goff era and a mini resurgence

@dcjames5

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

its definitely easier to make sense of all the options available when they are grouped by color. you dont have to try to organize it when it already is done for you. i think its intuitive that the pieces will be mixed during the season. or at least could be— this is still the common practice for all uniform releases

Well, it's definitely the common practice for most uniform releases on the college level... especially for teams that will most likely use a monochromatic look as the default. I think it's safe to say that if a team was planning to go with the more traditional dark-over-light at home (as in Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, USC, Notre Dame, etc...) and was expecting to use a monochrome look sparingly, if at all, their uniform release combinations would reflect that.

3 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

When was the last time Boise wore orange jerseys?

The last time I remember seeing them was on the blue against TCU in 2011. Google the result, and you'll see why they don't wear orange. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, bkknight95 said:

The last time I remember seeing them was on the blue against TCU in 2011. Google the result, and you'll see why they don't wear orange. 

4ebf212a88ac8.image.jpg

Really?  This looks a couple dozen times better than blue on blue (on blue on blue on blue...) to me.  If they wore this with white pants, they might actually have something here.

3 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

When was the last time Boise wore orange jerseys?

7 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

I believe the last time they wore them was actually in 2014 against Fresno State, which was a game they won.

IMG_4658.JPG.389bff7abfd999573d2b30e91663b91c.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

59 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I believe the last time they wore them was actually in 2014 against Fresno State, which was a game they won.

IMG_4658.JPG.389bff7abfd999573d2b30e91663b91c.JPG

That looks great except for the dumb number decals on the helmet. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know it's their signature look.

I have a cousin that wears cargo shorts with a huge parka coat all winter.  It's his signature look, too.  He looks like an idiot, so he doesn't get a free pass by claiming it's his signature look.

Trying to watch a team wearing an all-blue uniform play on an all-blue field is nauseating and bush league. It's impossible to take them seriously.

Ignoring their blue field, I do like Boise's all blues on their own. 

Then again since everyone started mixing and matching absolutely everything for no good reason, I've grown really partial to the idea that more college teams should be striving to establish "their looks." 

Midway.png

16 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's college football, not the No Fun League. Goofy traditions are part of the game.

Big difference between a goofy tradition (Ralphie stampeding the field, pep rallies) and a goofy uniform. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

15 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

592f2de9eddbd_ScreenShot2017-05-31at4_53_57PM.thumb.png.25fcf95ba316d7fdacdb1c936592256d.png

This can also be deduced using mathematics.  Take the number of helmet options (3), multiply it by the number of jersey options (3), multiplied by the number of pants options (3); 3 x 3 x 3 = 27 uniform combinations.  You are missing 9 combinations.

Suprisingly, Cal drops the logos at 7 AM PT, the uniforms will come later.

We now have a full California script, the previous secondary created by Nike is out and and we have the main design element, a sather stripe

CAL_PRI_WDMK_ON_NAV_Launch.png

CAL_SEC_BLOCK_LOGO_ON_WHT_Launch.png

CAL_STRIPE_ON_WHT_Launch.png

@dcjames5

Archived