College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

South Carolina technically refreshed their uniforms last year by changing templates. I could see Texas Tech and South Florida as well as UAB changing up uniforms this year.

UAB just dropped some images of their new uniforms; no white jersey yet

C_-j32UUIAA8946.jpg

C_-j32UVYAALcsp.jpg

C_-oO0wUQAEpKzS.jpg

C_-oRsdUAAAoy-P.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, oddball said:

Those UAB uniforms are nice and not over-designed. Good job!

What's remotely "nice" about them? They are bland with a custom font and contrasting squares on the sleeves. Basically using the fill tool on a template. I dislike contrasting sleeve caps without a design purpose but that's pretty common these days and I can look past it. But UAB doesn't even have a fully contrasting sleeve cap. It's literally a contrasting square.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

What's remotely "nice" about them? They are bland with a custom font and contrasting squares on the sleeves. Basically using the fill tool on a template. I dislike contrasting sleeve caps without a design purpose but that's pretty common these days and I can look past it. But UAB doesn't even have a fully contrasting sleeve cap. It's literally a contrasting square.

Everything. Less is more. They look professional. I'm sorry that you can't appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, oddball said:

Everything. Less is more. They look professional. I'm sorry that you can't appreciate it.

The sleeves don't look professional.  What pro team would just have an empty square with no TV numbers?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, oddball said:

Your username is very fitting considering your opinion on the UAB uniforms. They're just a generic, filled in template that any team could order out of an Under Armour catalog. That's definitely "professional".

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I like the UAB uniforms but to a point. They're definitely not over designed but they might be a little under designed. The best word I can use for them is clean. If they had like a dragon's scale pattern on the sleeves then it'd be good. And tv numbers, those jerseys need tv numbers. 

Hopefully they bring back this helmet because it's awesome and unique 

Related image

Wait... people are hating on the new Utah unis?

They look excellent. I dislike the three different colored sets/helmets, but aesthetically each one, as a stand alone, is beautiful.

Some of y'all making Skip Bayless-esque hot takes....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

3 hours ago, JQK said:

They look excellent. I dislike the three different colored sets/helmets, but aesthetically each one, as a stand alone, is beautiful.

It's really the pants stripes for me, the wrap around is awful, plus the fills are just unnecessary. They're not as bad as everyone is saying they are, but they aren't good.

4 hours ago, JQK said:

Biggest issues are the pants and the inconsistent striping pattern when comparing the ones on the helmet, jersey, and pants.

Yeah, Utah's uniforms are a downgrade in my eyes. This striping pattern never worked last season on the white helmets because it was so thin yet there were seven layers. Now said seven-layer striping is spread across the jersey and pants. It's simply too busy.

I will say this: Utah's red and black helmets are some of my personal favorites among all schools. I'm usually not a fan of chrome or over-sized logos, but it just works with the red and black color scheme and the matte finish of the shell. I'm also a sucker for the candy-colored satin finishes, so the red is an automatic win for me. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

19 hours ago, djam2410 said:

UAB just dropped some images of their new uniforms; no white jersey yet

C_-j32UUIAA8946.jpg

C_-j32UVYAALcsp.jpg

C_-oO0wUQAEpKzS.jpg

C_-oRsdUAAAoy-P.jpg

You can just barely make out a sublimated dragon scale pattern on the gold sleeve caps, which does the give the uniform a little bit of uniqueness. I just wish it were easier to make out, and then add numbers on the sleeve. Then the gold wouldn't look so out of place. 

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

18 hours ago, BenjiJ said:

You can just barely make out a sublimated dragon scale pattern on the gold sleeve caps, which does the give the uniform a little bit of uniqueness. I just wish it were easier to make out, and then add numbers on the sleeve. Then the gold wouldn't look so out of place. 

Oh yeah now that I zoomed in all the way, I can see the pattern. But yeah I agree, I wish they were easier to make out.

So I'm at the Arizona baseball game tonight at asu, & I walk out after the win next to Wendell Neal, Arizona football's equipment manager. I've talked to him a few times on Facebook, but this was the first time in person. I formally introduce myself, and the first thing he says is "So are you ready to see the new uniforms?". "Impatiently waiting", I say. I ask when we will, & he says Rich Rod wanted to show em on signing day in February & wants to asap, but Nike is making them wait until close to the start of the season. He then said they just came in the other day. I asked what they look like, but he said he couldn't give any details yet. 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:11 AM, kabbey520 said:

So I'm at the Arizona baseball game tonight at asu, & I walk out after the win next to Wendell Neal, Arizona football's equipment manager. I've talked to him a few times on Facebook, but this was the first time in person. I formally introduce myself, and the first thing he says is "So are you ready to see the new uniforms?". "Impatiently waiting", I say. I ask when we will, & he says Rich Rod wanted to show em on signing day in February & wants to asap, but Nike is making them wait until close to the start of the season. He then said they just came in the other day. I asked what they look like, but he said he couldn't give any details yet. 

Sounds about what I've been told as well

a2BRS8U.png

I rank UAB as totally, absolutely fine.

Utah is also fine. The pants aren't the best, the white helmet's stripes are inconsistent with the stripes of all of the other white pieces, which is annoying. But overall, I'm generally fine with them. 

Just make the scales way more visible and ou have a good uniform set instead of a meh one. Not many teams are fortunate enough to have something as badass as a dragon for a mascot so you have to play it up. Also those gold numbers are probably gonna be a bitch to read on the away uniforms. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

That "gold" UAB uses is a very ugly and bland color that in no way resembles the color or the metal known as gold.

Green and faded kakhi is a better description of team colors.

Archived