College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I like both the white and maize pants. I think they should wear white pants for the first two road games and maize for the rest of the season after that.

I too like both. The all white is just clean, and white on maize is classic Michigan to me. If they mixed those throughout the road schedule I would be happy.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Thinking about Woodson in white pants makes me barf in my mouth a little. 

Charles+Woodson.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Apparently Ole Miss is upgrading to the Vapor Untouchable template for this upcoming season. The shoulder stripes are back to being shorter, but the number font is no longer condensed anymore as a result. I suspect LSU will follow suit.

IMG_4764.thumb.JPG.89c9948dc8d400e07389d63ea3970e09.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Apparently Ole Miss is upgrading to the Vapor Untouchable template for this upcoming season. The shoulder stripes are back to being shorter, but the number font is no longer condensed anymore as a result. I suspect LSU will follow suit.

About time they fixed the stripes.

I actually liked the longer stripes, as the stripes during the Archie years were long and under the armpit.  The new template looks like it brings us back to 90s/2000-era stripe length, which is the best length if they have to be shortened. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This is the continuing issue with quarterbacking in the SEC...

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Downgrade. Longer stripes were better.

1 hour ago, pscf3 said:

Downgrade. Longer stripes were better.

Maybe so, but the condensed number font looked awful. On both Ole Miss and LSU. For that reason, I think it's a clear upgrade. And I actually didn't think the longer stripes were executed all that well anyways, as the way they were angled on the bottom just looked a bit awkward.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is the continuing issue with quarterbacking in the SEC...

I'll take any chance to use this Jamarcus Russell photo. 

His linemen don't really form a pocket so much as drop into gravitational orbit. 

swya0o.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I will never understand those who liked the deeper stripes that Nike tried to pull off with LSU and Ole Miss. It simply looks more natural for shoulder stripes to truncate over the shoulder, as football uniforms are over the shoulder now, and not under the sleeve as if there's actually sleeves. 

18 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I will never understand those who liked the deeper stripes that Nike tried to pull off with LSU and Ole Miss. It simply looks more natural for shoulder stripes to truncate over the shoulder, as football uniforms are over the shoulder now, and not under the sleeve as if there's actually sleeves. 

i dont have a preference to either execution but these stripes are the same as most others; a solution to a much different problem that is now shoe-horned into a modern jersey cut. my question has always been when is it worth starting over? when do you give up on your stripe bastardization and move on to something appropriate for a modern jersey? or, how much of a hacking do you tolerate? maybe Ole Miss can do something new and get away with it but its hard to imagine the Colts or LSU without those shoulder loops

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Well, as I said a few pages back about Michigan's white pants, to each his own.  Maybe, like B-Moore says, teams should just give up on the old style shoulder loops, but as long as they're still trying to hang on to it, I'll will always prefer this;

Position-by-position-edge-Ole-Miss-vs.-O

To me, the cut off stripes are a constant reminder that the design has been tailored to the template, and not the other way around, which is how it would work in my fantasy world. 

To me, THIS says "our template is more important than your design, so we'll just force your design onto it...

ohio-wr-jordan-reid.jpg?w=1000&h=600&cro

While THIS says, "Your design is more important than our template, so we will adjust to it...

5751d7a85790e.image.jpg

Don't know if this qualifies as an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked the cuffs of LSU's jersey being striped. Cuff stripes look best on jersey where there are no stripes on the sleeves or shoulders IMO.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

If Ole Miss is going to the Vapor Untouchable jerseys, then presumably, LSU, Duke, and Iowa State, the other Nike schools who wear the same traditional should loops and all got elongated loops a few years ago, will all get the new template.  I like the longer stripes too.

31 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Don't know if this qualifies as an unpopular opinion, but I've never liked the cuffs of LSU's jersey being striped. Cuff stripes look best on jersey where there are no stripes on the sleeves or shoulders IMO.

The cuff stripes are a holdover from a time when jerseys still had sleeves.  Back then, bracketing the TV number with matching stripes was a sharp look...

screen-shot-2015-10-08-at-100347-ampng-4

Today, not so much.

18 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The cuff stripes are a holdover from a time when jerseys still had sleeves.  Back then, bracketing the TV number with matching stripes was a sharp look...

screen-shot-2015-10-08-at-100347-ampng-4

Today, not so much.

Good example of how the "spirit" or core elements of a team's identity can be slightly modified over time to keep up with new technology, equipment, etc. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i dont have a preference to either execution but these stripes are the same as most others; a solution to a much different problem that is now shoe-horned into a modern jersey cut. my question has always been when is it worth starting over? when do you give up on your stripe bastardization and move on to something appropriate for a modern jersey? or, how much of a hacking do you tolerate? maybe Ole Miss can do something new and get away with it but its hard to imagine the Colts or LSU without those shoulder loops

Shifting uniform elements from the sleeve up to the shoulder (most notably tv numbers) is a common practice in adapting to newer jersey cuts.. If you're suggesting that the shoulder is no longer an option, we're in trouble! I think the real issue is laziness and bottom line.. It's cheaper to manufacture a limited number of templates and pump out tons of jerseys than tailor your operation to each and every team you outfit.. I think a modern version of full shoulder loops is actually feasible, just not worth  Nike's time..

Archived