Pink Uniforms

wildfan2440

Penn State's original colors were pink and black. 

I think you could get away with pink and some combination of teal, orange and brown for desert teams in AZ/NM. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When LAFC was doing their Twitter poll about colors, I was honestly hoping the "joke" pick of pink would actually stick.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Pink (a dark or hot pink) looks GREAT with black or dark blue...and dark gray as well.  I still get compliments on my Dodgers Mothers Day caps and my Rams Breast Cancer Awareness cap; neither of them have any shortness of pink.

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5900.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

I think pink can work in sports but I disagree with it having to be in Florida.

I live in Miami and the thought of pink as a Miami or South Florida color is a product of the 80s and the Miami Vice TV show that was exploding with pastels like pink and teal. That look no longer truly exists here with the exception of some beat up older apartments on the beach that were built in the 80s or before. Since then everything else has been updated and remodeled and pink is gone. Nobody dresses in the 80s pastels anymore, the buildings and artwork don't look like that anymore. It's all gone.

If we're just talking about how a pink sports team would have looked here back in the 80s or 90s that's fine but now it's 2017 and pink is no longer synonymous with Miami and South Florida. 

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This thread is full of pictures that demonstrate otherwise. 

Not really. Just because these clubs chose pink in their uniforms, or had a one off jersey or kit, doesn't necessarily means that it "works". There are a few...and I mean a few...teams where pink works for them, but the majority just look horrendous.

1 hour ago, Viola73 said:

Not really. Just because these clubs chose pink in their uniforms, or had a one off jersey or kit, doesn't necessarily means that it "works". There are a few...and I mean a few...teams where pink works for them, but the majority just look horrendous.

I think there are a lot in this thread that look very good.  "Womens' sports" v. "Mens's sports" doesn't factor into it.

Archived