Los Angeles Clippers New Uniforms

crashcarson15

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just ok. That's still a huge improvement given the dumpster fire they had before so upgrade none the less. The logo still sucks though.

Also I don't understand why they've relegated the nautical flags to just above the jock tag. That should be the Clippers' signature design element. 

4 hours ago, swilson160 said:

Love, love, love.  Huge upgrade.  But why are there different number fonts on the front and back?

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/896011928233021441/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards.sportslogos.net%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNBA%2Fstatus%2F896011928233021441

Front number font same as in the unveil pics, but can't see back.  They wouldn't have two different number fonts, would they?

Was a white jersey shown off, or just the light blue and dark blue? Be interesting if the Clippers don't have a white jersey.

I was actually okay with the secondary logo, and glad it's being retained. I do think, overall, the uniforms have been cleaned up a lot, much better than the initial effort. The Clippers dropping black was good, as well as bringing back the nautical flags (sort of) that they had during the San Diego days.

18 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

This maybe a bit of a stretch, but one thing I've noticed about the stripes on the white shorts, it's almost a homage to American Airlines, ironically enough one of the Clips' corporate sponsors...

american-airlines-logo.jpg

web-jersey-blake_11x8.png

Obviously, the colors are on opposite side if you turned the AA logo counter-clockwise on its side, with the pointy area facing upwards.  I don't think it was the designers' intent, but the inspiration came from somewhere.  Hell, the AA logo (sans the wordmark) would actually make a good patch logo on the jerseys.

0FFCB9AB-1022-468C-B141-742CC675A819-2313-000002E00532BD76.jpeg.e2a988640b0ed2b492824f0ba7d3e031.jpeg

Zoom in on the photo and you will find out exactly where the inspiration for the short design came from.

If we keep normalizing and accepting corporate advertising on places it’s not needed, every freaking square inch of the planet will be covered by it. There was a time when billboards and magazines and even web banners were enough. Next thing you know, there are going to be wheat pastes on the walls of Mammoth Cave and dissolvable ads floating on the Grand Prismatic. /rant

17 hours ago, swilson160 said:

Love, love, love.  Huge upgrade.  But why are there different number fonts on the front and back?

12 hours ago, swilson160 said:

From the looks of it, the back number is a single color version of the previous number style (which matches the wordmark), but the front numbers have corners that are much more square, similar to those used on the final script uniform, or even similar to the C in their monogram logo. Baffling.

Overall, this is a definite upgrade, but not without its flaws. Eliminating black was a good move, but now it looks out of place on the logo. They need to recolor that. The highlight on the wordmark needs to go, maybe even the wordmark itself.

I like the split color design on the shorts, but the forms don’t evoke nautical imagery to me as much as regular stripes would have. It doesn't bring to mind a sail enough for it to be shaped that way, in my opinion. I really love the light blue accent stripes, though. That adds depth and is a great complement.

I do wish the nautical flags would have been more of a star here. I’m guessing they will be on one of the other uniforms, but it could be their signature, as was previously mentioned.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, Quillz said:

Was a white jersey shown off, or just the light blue and dark blue? Be interesting if the Clippers don't have a white jersey.

I was actually okay with the secondary logo, and glad it's being retained. I do think, overall, the uniforms have been cleaned up a lot, much better than the initial effort. The Clippers dropping black was good, as well as bringing back the nautical flags (sort of) that they had during the San Diego days.

I’m pretty sure that is a white uniform. Look at the detail shots compared to the player photos. That indicates to me that it’s the studio lighting giving them the blue cast.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 1 month later...

Meh. It's not terrible, but if they really needed to have the "LAC" logo on the front of a jersey, the way it was laid out on the old red jerseys was much better than this.

juZtklr.jpg

The layout on the new alternate doesn't work as well, especially with single-digit numbers, because of all the empty space on either side of the logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 11/8/2017 at 7:07 PM, Ice_Cap said:

This is just ok. That's still a huge improvement given the dumpster fire they had before so upgrade none the less. The logo still sucks though.

Also I don't understand why they've relegated the nautical flags to just above the jock tag. That should be the Clippers' signature design element. 

And they need a new primary logo with the nautical theme as the basis. It would be the biggest upgrade in NBA logo history.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived