NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

24 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

OLFOrxm.jpgThese were the ones on instagram that got some (and really a minority) of Jets fans clamoring for new uni's

c09mUup.jpg

I love these. I am so tired of the ones they wear now

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

OLFOrxm.jpgThese were the ones on instagram that got some (and really a minority) of Jets fans clamoring for new uni's

c09mUup.jpg

Drop the front logo on the jersey and there's are fantastic.  Stripes on socks....something a lot of teams need

31 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

c09mUup.jpg

These are alright, but the striping is off. The green jersey keeps the double stripe design of the white (jersey, pants and socks), but the helmet and green pants have a single stripe like it's the exact same green-white-green striping of the white, only on a green base, so only the white is showing. I'd prefer if the helmet and green pants kept the double striping or if the green jersey kept the single stripe.

IbjBaeE.png

24 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

These are alright, but the striping is off. The green jersey keeps the double stripe design of the white (jersey, pants and socks), but the helmet and green pants have a single stripe like it's the exact same green-white-green striping of the white, only on a green base, so only the white is showing. I'd prefer if the helmet and green pants kept the double striping or if the green jersey kept the single stripe.

Yes good catch on that. Agree 100%

12 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I'm okay with the double stripes being inverted. Double stripe green and double stripe white. The Colts make it work just fine. In fact, I'll say inversion of stripes makes for better jerseys than the strict "You must use stripes in this particular order" rule of striping.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Steelers are going to have new throwbacks for one game this year, as well as wearing the all black Color Rush uni's once as well. The throwbacks will be unveiled at the end of May. This was all reported as being said by Steelers President Art Rooney II at DK Pittsburgh Sports, which is pay-walled. 

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2018/04/19/steelers-2018-schedule-released/

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm okay with the double stripes being inverted. Double stripe green and double stripe white. The Colts make it work just fine. In fact, I'll say inversion of stripes makes for better jerseys than the strict "You must use stripes in this particular order" rule of striping.

I don't mind the inversion of the stripes, it's not consistent in its application on the green in that concept.

IbjBaeE.png

On 4/20/2018 at 8:17 AM, WSU151 said:

If the helmet and pants always have one stripe and the sleeves and socks always have two, i think it will look fine and balanced (I actually wish the Colts took this approach).

On 4/20/2018 at 8:55 AM, eww7633 said:

The Steelers are going to have new throwbacks for one game this year, as well as wearing the all black Color Rush uni's once as well. The throwbacks will be unveiled at the end of May. This was all reported as being said by Steelers President Art Rooney II at DK Pittsburgh Sports, which is pay-walled. 

Gimme the Batman. That prototype jersey from the Oregon spring game with the chevron front seam is tailor made for it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/21/2018 at 10:15 PM, andrewharrington said:

If the helmet and pants always have one stripe and the sleeves and socks always have two, i think it will look fine and balanced (I actually wish the Colts took this approach).

Gimme the Batman. That prototype jersey from the Oregon spring game with the chevron front seam is tailor made for it.

My guess is that they will just switch to regular block numerals and call them the 70s throwbacks in homage to their 4 Super Bowls that decade.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:55 AM, eww7633 said:
On 4/20/2018 at 9:55 AM, eww7633 said:

My guess is that they will just switch to regular block numerals and call them the 70s throwbacks in homage to their 4 Super Bowls that decade.

On 4/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, WSU151 said:

Bucs are eligible for a change in 2019.

Ravens unis aren't bad, but a tad dated. The Color Rush purple is better than the regular purple. I think a refresh on the helmet stripes would be cool (using purple and gold).

Cardinals need a new, traditional look.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Jets brought back green helmets in the next couple of years.

Bengals need a refresh.

Bring on the 2019 NFL CHANGES thread...

Team needing new unis:

1.  Cardinals

2.  Falcons

3.  Broncos

4.  Eagles

5.  Browns

6.  Ravens

7.  Jets

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Team needing new unis:

1.  Cardinals

2.  Falcons

3.  Broncos

4.  Eagles

5.  Browns

6.  Ravens

7.  Jets

I'd put the Browns and Jets at about 3 and 4...

8. Patriots (keep the helmet, refresh the jerseys)

9. Saints (bring back the brassy old gold)

10. Bucs

11. Chargers (lose the navy jerseys. The Color Rush unis are great, but two teams in LA with royal blue and yellow is likely a no-go)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

43 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

10. Bucs

11. Chargers (lose the navy jerseys. The Color Rush unis are great, but two teams in LA with royal blue and yellow is likely a no-go)

Could agree on the Browns, disagree on the Jets.  They're basically wearing a classic throwback full-time, so it's not that bad.  The Donkey's look horrifically 90's and are responsible for the worst trend in football uniform history.  They need to go to a version of their Color Rush unis full-time.

Speaking of, I agree 100% on the Saints.   Their White Color Rush look is simply amazing.  It is perfect in every way.

The Patriots have been so successful in the current uniforms its hard to see or think of them in anything else, but I would not mind an "evolution", similar to what Miami did there; get rid of the piping and double-outline numbers, sync up striping or colorblocking, and update the font to a cleaner, more modern block.  Their CR unis are generally pretty good, minus the pant striping issue.  I'd be fine if they went with those full-time, but they lack any Silver, which is an issue.

Chargers do indeed need to ditch the Navy for Powder Blue, but they could probably use an "evolution" as well.  It's just a stale look.  

I'm actually fine with the Buccaneers' uniforms.  They'd be great if not for that number font, but I doubt they'd change just the number front in any kind of overhaul.  

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Team needing new unis:

1.  Cardinals

2.  Falcons

3.  Broncos

4.  Eagles

5.  Browns

6.  Ravens

7.  Jets

Are the Eagles, Jets, and Broncos even that bad? Or is it they just have better uniforms that some people want them change too? (Ex. Kelly green Jets and Eagles, and Color Rush with white pants Broncos)

IMO I would put the Browns, Bucs, and Bengals ahead of them for sure.

37 minutes ago, Weapon X said:

Are the Eagles, Jets, and Broncos even that bad? Or is it they just have better uniforms that some people want them change too? (Ex. Kelly green Jets and Eagles, and Color Rush with white pants Broncos)

IMO I would put the Browns, Bucs, and Bengals ahead of them for sure.

i'll only speak for the jets: yeah, they're pretty bad.

the green has gotten drabber and drabber with every change in manufacturer. the UCLA stripes on a modern NFL jersey look silly. their logo is literally their team name with a football...inside another football. i get that it's a traditional design and those tend to age well, but the jets' uniforms are so nondescript and boring that they look awful.

the concept above is practically perfect. they should absolutely be in kelly green and claim it back before the eagles do. a green helmet would be a nice way to stand out over the all-white-helmet AFC east. and the '80s-'90s jet logo is by far and away the best logo they've ever had.

new QB = new era. i hope the jets get a make over soon.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

10. Bucs

And I would like to see the Texans update their look.  It still has the old 2002 expansion feel.  I would like them to scrap navy blue and go back to some type of Columbia blue as their primary to pay some homeage to the old Oilers.  I know the Titans have Columbia but they also have navy as well.  Texans could be the loner as just Columbia and red for their colors.

Archived