2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

It's time to dump the one-helmet rule when it comes to wearing throwbacks.

Talk about this before. The 1 helmet rule is pitched as concussion safety. Whether that’s real or not can be debated but if some Dr told the NFL that then they aren’t risking more lawsuits by changing it.  

However, for me I love the 1 helmet rule!  A lot of team figure out ways to make it work with throwbacks by changing or removing the decals or changing the Facemasks.  But the most important thing is that Helmets are basically a team’s logo. If you allow a team to wear different helmets your going to have teams drastically altering their brand week to week. You don’t want that.   Look wtf is happening in the NBA where almost every team now has uniform sets that are no where near their primary brand scheme.  The one helmet rule protects teams from themselves because if youre forced to wear at least the same color helmet you can’t do that much damage to the rest of the uniform. Especially because the NFL Has wayyyyyy more casual fans watching than any other league, the teams need to be instantly recognizable. 

The redskins leather looking helmet was cool but I’d sacrifice that in a second to avoid the can of worms removing the 1 helmet would start. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

13 hours ago, Froob said:

Have the Seahawks worn white pants with this era of uniforms? I believe they exist..?

They have never been worn with the Navy, but when the set was unveiled in 2012, they modeled the look.d723c5a8e6993539f4a6badfd58bdb56.jpg

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

The redskins leather looking helmet was cool but I’d sacrifice that in a second to avoid the can of worms removing the 1 helmet would start. 

Perfectly stated. The NFL already cracked that can of worms by setting those horrific color rush uniforms free from Thursday night purgatory and by allowing them to be broken up and mixed in... Multiple helmets would be a disaster.

2 helmets for the sake of throwback is fine. I think every team should have a throwback helmet if they want and instead of color rush that used to be on Thursdays they should do "throwback Thursday" so every Thursday night game has the teams in classic uniforms if they want

4 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Same with white over gray (this past season in LA vs the Rams, and last season in Tennessee)

True. White over grey is my favorite road look.  I like variety though. Maybe wolf grey tops over blue pants would be nice. Even green tops over white on a sunny day. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Nope... Uniforms never lose. Players do, sometimes.

If that was true, my Texans would still be wearing red socks on the road. 

Well, I hate navy over white again. 

11 hours ago, Gupti said:

Seahawks in navy over gray? Time for an old plug of mine:

AP704717813053.thumb.jpg.15a3b9408a6b9e2301b821c92056effb.jpghi-res-6ed8a8520da307593b17b2f319f504fc_crop_north.jpg.2c3495303d1ea4f863f7591c177be0e2.jpg

Now there’s a 🤬ing uni.

This a thousand times. 

13 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

If the cowboys play the saints next week the saints might choose to wear white jerseys because earlier this year the cowboys beat them when they were in all black

And if the Rams play the Cowboys, depending on the status of their Throwbacks, the Cowboys will have to wear their Navy Jersey!

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I think a "two-helmet rule" is fine as long as its one main helmet and one optional throwback helmet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't those the rules already in place before 2013? I say this because the Seahawks in 2002 were going to wear Blue at home, and Silver on the road, but the NFL said no. That's why they had the poll to pick which helmet to wear.

da0Lbhs.png

Archived