Miami Marlins 2019 Rebrand

SilverBullet1929

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I know you and I have basically opposite opinions but I strongly disagree with this line because it's just a fact that the Marlins play in a retractable roof ballpark 81 times a season so it's not a bad sign if that's where the uniforms look best because that's exactly where they should look best. 

This is like you saying "it's a bad sign if my shoes looks best on my feet." 

Don't you think it would be silly to design uniforms that only look good under the lights of a retractable roof stadium, even if that's where they play 50% of their games? Also bearing in mind, we don't even know if these would look decent under those conditions yet. Frankly I'm skeptical.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What? Where do you get purple on the 06 Mets or the 19 Marlins? 

I don't know about the Mets, but I think he's referring to how the blue and red on the wordmark accenting don't really pop. They look optically noisy with a faint purple surrounding the black. I kind of see it too.

26 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Don't you think it would be silly to design uniforms that only look good under the lights of a retractable roof stadium, even if that's where they play 50% of their games? Also bearing in mind, we don't even know if these would look decent under those conditions yet. Frankly I'm skeptical.

I don't think they were designed to only look good under indoor lighting but if that's where they happen to look best then that's a great bonus and not a sign of bad design. That's what I meant. 

37 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I recognize that there are plenty of Marlins fans who are satisfied or happy with the jerseys, but I can't imagine any of them believing that more color would not be a massive improvement.

Since I disagree with you so much I'll make sure to point out that I do agree with this. I'm happy with the uniforms but wouldn't be opposed to tweaks that enhance the blue. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

What? Where do you get purple on the 06 Mets or the 19 Marlins? 

From small amounts of blue, orange, and black mixing together from a distance

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Can the matte helmet fad please die?

Heck no. Matte helmets are gorgeous on baseball uniforms. It's only a matter of time before all teams adopt it. The only problem here is the lack of color in the logo.

D0IkkGBWsAAvjZU.jpg

D0IkkF_WkAASUs4.jpg

tumblr_pnepstOMKi1u7t2opo1_540.pngtumblr_pnepsbm8DD1u7t2opo1_540.png

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I don't think they were designed to only look good under indoor lighting but if that's where they happen to look best then that's a great bonus and not a sign of bad design. That's what I meant. 

I understand that. I suppose my point is that if they managed to design jerseys that only look acceptable under very specific environmental conditions, they need to go back to the drawing board ASAP. The colors are not noticeable during a bright sunny day, so I would absolutely classify that as a sign of bad design work. I understand the concept they were going for but they didn't execute it. As others have pointed out, it's highly doubtful that the dullness we saw on the field was what the Marlins had sought out to achieve visually. 

These definitely look black and white only from a rather short distance... Also, the helmet looks logoless, the sleeve logo looks horrible and the wordmark looks meh at best. I thought these might be salvaged a bit with colored accessories but it doesn't seem to be the case.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Can the matte helmet fad please die?

It works for some teams (Pirates, Giants, Yankees, Dodgers, and Orioles), but doesn't work as well on more modern-looking teams (e.g., the Marlins and the Diamondbacks).

You know what'd improve the Marlins' look? Gradient helmets!

36861c_lg.jpegtroy-tulowitzki-dl.jpg?itok=y9GN9cyX

It may be a mid-'00s trend, but it could work.

As I understand it, the blue jersey is relegated only to ST and BP use. I wonder how feasible it would be for them to enter it into circulation for the regular season. It's flawed in its own ways but it's considerably superior to the drabness of the home whites and black alternate. MLB wouldn't cause too much of a fuss if they did that, right?

In the meantime, I hope the Marlins are taking notes on ways to liven the set up for 2020. They don't necessarily need to reinvent the wheel...

On 2/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

It would also be funnier if it didn't come off so serious and spiteful, it sounds like he has a vendetta against Jeter or the Marlins, or both.

vendetta? LOL.

Jeter and the Marlins traded away the teams best players, and the new uniforms are awful. That is hardly a vendetta, more like common  sense hate toward a terrible person and organization.

You think i am special? Most people feel this way, you are one of the very few that defends him. Instead of claiming i have a vendetta against him, maybe i should ask if you have a crush on him, that would be the only explanation for constantly defending him and his actions. 

Archived