College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Just saw this on another board. Actual look at the new UCF jersey

988693_10152100938408047_440183797_n.jpg

I just dislike gold jerseys with white accents. Those white ellipses should be black, that might make them tolerable.

I like it and having played there wearing as little black as possible is a good thing in the Orlando sun.

did you happen to play with Darin Slack?

No, he was there before me. One of the best QB's to ever wear a UCF uniform.

and now one of the best QB coaches in the country. http://www.quarterbackacademy.com/ not a bad brand identity either if i say so myself :)

I have heard from people he is in that. Always good to see a fellow Knight doing good things.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Gordie_Delini. Here's a link to his Wyoming rebrand. Not seeing much similarity there. Though his entire rebrand project is impressive, and Wyoming would've been better suited if they had adopted it.

http://www.briangundell.com/Wyoming-Cowboys-Rebrand

That stuff is really great, aside from the fact the buffalo skull is way more of a Montana thing than a Wyoming thing. We've had it on our license plates for years, and it was the featured symbol on the Montana version of the state quarters a few years ago. It was also the signature of Montana artist Charles Marion Russell. (Of course the real symbolism goes much farther back to Native Americans.)

Better look at the Ewe's new jersey's

945981_10151591364238173_274896874_n.jpg

Well toilet seat collars are alive and well... On an Under Armour set.

Awesome. /sarcasm.

Set would be greatly improved if the collars were gold all the way around, and the sleeve cuffs were also gold.

I'll never understand why teams don't match their collars and cuffs when neither are a primary part of the design.

Also, the numbers are abnormally thick, large and awkward, and the white outline makes them appear even thicker. And finally, there are no numbers or logos on the sleeves or shoulders, even though there is plenty of room for both.

Pants are the only part of the set that look decent to me.

Not a fan.

I actually like these more.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Florida Gators changed the font on their jerseys to match their block word font:

tn-13-media_day.jpgCMR_7941-L.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Florida Gators changed the font on their jerseys to match their block word font:

tn-13-media_day.jpgCMR_7941-L.jpg

Seriously.... where have you been?

Moving from Chicago to Delray Beach, getting everything set up, and not spending much time on the computer over the last month.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If anyone can link me to the original Gator posts, that'd be great because we can't seem to search individual threads anymore.

spacer.png

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (FCS OVC) new matte helmets. With matte logos!

SEMO-Football-Helmets-700x325.jpg

Looks good. If you get a matte helmet, you have to get matte decals

Sorry been away for awhile and missed this, but I been saying this all along. If you have a matte helmet you need a matte logo. It looks so stupid to have a matte helmet and a glossy logo.

Duke is wearing the same uniforms for the 6th year in a row (with the new ACC patch):

1098167_10151803554485359_316066556_n.jp

(courtesy Blue Devil Nation)

While they look great, this is still a template from the late 1990s that is really heavy, with smaller rounded nameplates. (I own one, they are heavy). It doesn't match the rebrand with the block lettering and numbers that the rest of the athletic department got in summer 2011. Also, with Nike now making the Colts uniforms (pro combat), wouldn't you think they would update the template? Even when Duke got a black set in 2011, it was still the old material. Despite the win/loss record of Duke Football, we are still talking about a BCS program with a big Nike Team Sports contract that gives both basketball teams and lacrosse and pretty much every other sport all of the newest stuff.

It was Gordie_Delini. Here's a link to his Wyoming rebrand. Not seeing much similarity there. Though his entire rebrand project is impressive, and Wyoming would've been better suited if they had adopted it.

http://www.briangundell.com/Wyoming-Cowboys-Rebrand

That stuff is really great, aside from the fact the buffalo skull is way more of a Montana thing than a Wyoming thing. We've had it on our license plates for years, and it was the featured symbol on the Montana version of the state quarters a few years ago. It was also the signature of Montana artist Charles Marion Russell. (Of course the real symbolism goes much farther back to Native Americans.)

Can I like purchase all of the merch and jerseys from this?

Freaking gorgeous work!

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley Conference | 1-AA FCS) unveiled new uniforms for 2013. They were a New Balance team until this year as they switch to Nike. Their helmets will once again be black.

rp_primary_ms3_3_10unis_2507.jpg

I personally, hate the black and the removal of almost all the grey. EIU's colors are Blue and Grey for God's sake!

[

It's even more ridiculous because their endzones are grey, but there's no grey on their uniforms.

They got new turf last year... endzones are black...

EIU would be fine if they stuck with blue on blue at home with silver helmets. Instead they're using this random crapass font, toilet bowl collars, and integrating too much black.

Then again I have no idea why I care even as much as I do.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Here is another pic illustrating how poorly the UNT throwback decal matches the jersey: 9496528711_a9405a8fb0_o.jpg

That's because it is a "fauxback" uniform combining several decades of NTSU football into one uniform. They are wearing the dark green jerseys and white helmets to represent the 1960s, and the "flying worm" logo and the lime green to represent the 1970s and 1980s (even though the "flying worm" was never worn on a white helmet)

Here is a good photo gallery with pictures from that particular timeframe: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/gallery/image/2673-1967-north-texas-football-media-guide/

Here is another pic illustrating how poorly the UNT throwback decal matches the jersey: 9496528711_a9405a8fb0_o.jpg

That's because it is a "fauxback" uniform combining several decades of NTSU football into one uniform. They are wearing the dark green jerseys and white helmets to represent the 1960s, and the "flying worm" logo and the lime green to represent the 1970s and 1980s (even though the "flying worm" was never worn on a white helmet)

Here is a good photo gallery with pictures from that particular timeframe: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/gallery/image/2673-1967-north-texas-football-media-guide/

well at least it looks like Nike got the right shade for the entire Jersey unlike the NY Jets abominations.

Archived