Rare team matchups

^ Actually, the Ducks met the Bruins for the first time on October 15, 1993, and made their only trek to the Old Boston Garden on March 23, 1994, so that above uniform set did see the white jersey that one time; I have no pics from that latter matchup.

The same can be said of this matchup:

72496360-rightwinger-peter-douris-of-the

These two uniform sets only coincided for two games in February 1994; the first-year Mighty Ducks and Quebec Nordiques.

One more rare one: The first-year Colorado Avalanche (successors to the Nordiques) met the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 for four games during the 1995-96 season, and for those four games only. No pics, yet.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

I looked and didn't see this matchup posted, but a Google Image search for Matt Asiata revealed this Vikes VS Jaguars game from 2012, and after a little more thought, I realized that going back to 2004, the Vikings and Jaguars have each had different uniforms for all 3 matchups. This uniform anomaly will continue when they meet again this season as well as both teams have made a change since the last time they met in 2012.

Vikes1.jpg

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+YpslCNpKYa7l.jpg

Vikes3.jpg

• Like 7

98Falcons.png

14 hours ago, johnnysama said:

^ Actually, the Ducks met the Bruins for the first time on October 15, 1993, and made their only trek to the Old Boston Garden on March 23, 1994, so that above uniform set did see the white jersey that one time; I have no pics from that latter matchup.

Whoops, not sure how I missed that one. Still no pictures following a second search unfortunately...

On 9/17/2016 at 10:37 AM, robbman21 said:

I looked and didn't see this matchup posted, but a Google Image search for Matt Asiata revealed this Vikes VS Jaguars game from 2012, and after a little more thought, I realized that going back to 2004, the Vikings and Jaguars have each had different uniforms for all 3 matchups. This uniform anomaly will continue when they meet again this season as well as both teams have made a change since the last time they met in 2012.

Vikes1.jpg

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+YpslCNpKYa7l.jpg

Vikes3.jpg

1998. Those same Vikings unis on the bottom vs the previous Jaguars road jerseys with Teal numbers and white pants.

Image result for vikings vs jaguars

• Like 6

A while back, I touched on the Orlando Magic's inagural season (1989-90) being the only times they met "striped" New Jersey Nets; the same can be said of the old Indiana Pacers before their uniforms were overhauled by Flo-Jo the following season; I have no game pics of those meetings.

UBwef0L.png

On 9/21/2016 at 9:03 AM, johnnysama said:

A while back, I touched on the Orlando Magic's inagural season (1989-90) being the only times they met "striped" New Jersey Nets; the same can be said of the old Indiana Pacers before their uniforms were overhauled by Flo-Jo the following season; I have no game pics of those meetings.

Also, the powder blue Kings unis were in their last year in '89-90. Plus that was also the first year for the Timberwolves, too.

SamIam2.jpg

Only one pic, but in the 1995-96 season, the original Minnesota Timberwolves getup met the new Seattle Supersonics (pictured here) uni/logo set, and the first-year Vancouver Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors. I do not have any pics for the other two matchups.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

14 hours ago, johnnysama said:

SamIam2.jpg

Only one pic, but in the 1995-96 season, the original Minnesota Timberwolves getup met the new Seattle Supersonics (pictured here) uni/logo set, and the first-year Vancouver Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors. I do not have any pics for the other two matchups.

chris-king-of-the-vancouver-grizzlies-bo

• Like 1