College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois is going white-orange-white again Saturday vs. Western Kentucky.

54024795ab486.preview-620.jpg

BwusMAyIIAAuVfB.jpg

I make these really cool graphics each week to reveal our uni combo. I really like this one, its a little rough when the opposing team wears a lot of white though (like last week), but to me one of our sharpest combos... Next week at Washington, so we'll get to see an away combo.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

As soon as I saw Grand Valley State I told myself, "Maybe they've got two helmets now"? It's annoying because that's two teams in teh same league with pretty much the same look. Notre Dame College (Ohio) does the same but with the Falcon head on their helmets.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As soon as I saw Grand Valley State I told myself, "Maybe they've got two helmets now"? It's annoying because that's two teams in teh same league with pretty much the same look. Notre Dame College (Ohio) does the same but with the Falcon head on their helmets.

The "GV" is a downgrade from the Laker logo, in my opinion.

I don't really care for GV, but I am trying to figure out what helmet you are talking about with the GV, it is one of these?

grand-valley-state-football-00d332cf06f1

11938_gvsuvssvsuplayoff_rgb03o.jpg

spacer.png

Illinois is going white-orange-white again Saturday vs. Western Kentucky.

54024795ab486.preview-620.jpg

BwusMAyIIAAuVfB.jpg

I make these really cool graphics each week to reveal our uni combo. I really like this one, its a little rough when the opposing team wears a lot of white though (like last week), but to me one of our sharpest combos... Next week at Washington, so we'll get to see an away combo.

I was hoping for orange helmets this week. I'm curious to see how they will look in the sun.

I don't really care for GV, but I am trying to figure out what helmet you are talking about with the GV, it is one of these?

grand-valley-state-football-00d332cf06f1

11938_gvsuvssvsuplayoff_rgb03o.jpg

It's the white helmet with no blue in the GV logo on the right side and a number on the left hand side. Pretty cheep looking.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One thing I don't get about Arizona's numbers and jersey - the sleeve caps have a red-to-blue gradient, while the numbers are blue-to-red. If they're going for a sunset effect...shouldn't they be consistent?

looks like they did a gradient from the center out. it starts in the numbers and fades at the top and bottom. you have to look at the whole uniform, not just the numbers and sleeves as separate elements

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Caught a little glimpse of the Grand Valley State - Azuza Pacific game on CBS Sports Network... Man does Grand Valley look rough... Cheap white jerseys and pants that look like they're made out of sweatpants material...

I watched a few minutes of that as well - GVSU used to have nice uniforms and a black helmet with a Laker logo on it. Last night's look was JV stuff.

What exactly is a "Laker"? I always saw the logo as a mean looking guy with a big chin wearing a funky hat.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

GVSU.jpg

Posting pics from an iphone...I'm making it more complicated than it really should be...

I love seeing teams still wearing normal helmets

Hate to brake it to you but that picture is old, see the above pics of GV now and you'll see their all wearing those funky new age contraption helmets.

Archived