Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've got at least one colour photos of the Does somewhere (although it may be in a physical file, rather than on my PC). I always dug their lime green and purple unis for some reason.

EDIT: A quick GIS yielded this:

DoesTeamPhoto78.jpg

Mod edit

What was the point of making that post? Was it suppose to be funny?

bSLCtu2.png

Just something I found while browsing the "Unused Sports Uniforms" thread, a forest green alternate proposed by the Bucks in 2004-5:

MilwaukeeBucks_AU_2005.jpg

BucksUnusuedAlternate.jpg

Had they made this the road uniform, and redistributed the colors on the home uniform (with green as the primary color, and purple relegated to the outlines/panels), the green/purple color scheme may have lasted longer. I'm glad they brought back the proper forest green/red, but it's nice to see permutations of the green/purple color scheme.

This actually made it onto a McFarlane NBA figure:

61M0O7W5CPL.jpg

Discogod, can you make handcrafted figures of these? Love your custom figures :) Miyamoto Usagi head sculpt reminds me of Bambi:

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I think I've got at least one colour photos of the Does somewhere (although it may be in a physical file, rather than on my PC). I always dug their lime green and purple unis for some reason.

EDIT: A quick GIS yielded this:

DoesTeamPhoto78.jpg

I think I've seen this one before. I wanted to see a colorized version of the other photo so I could see the rainbow pattern on the home whites.

Bros before Does.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I see the Marine Bank/Chase building, but no First Wisconsin Center. That dates this photo somewhere in between the mid 60s and early 70s. For a long time, there was an unofficial agreement in Milwaukee that no buildings would be built taller than city hall (the first tall-ish building on the left that was immortalized in the opening credits of a certain crappy 1970s sitcom), which was the tallest building in the world when it was built in the late 19th century. There's a similar agreement that's actually written into law in Madison regarding the state capitol building.

I believe Indianapolis had a similar agreement regarding the soldiers' memorial in the center of town, but then some building or another passed it. I bring it up because Indianapolis is kind of like Milwaukee without the charm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I see the Marine Bank/Chase building, but no First Wisconsin Center. That dates this photo somewhere in between the mid 60s and early 70s. For a long time, there was an unofficial agreement in Milwaukee that no buildings would be built taller than city hall (the first tall-ish building on the left that was immortalized in the opening credits of a certain crappy 1970s sitcom), which was the tallest building in the world when it was built in the late 19th century. There's a similar agreement that's actually written into law in Madison regarding the state capitol building.

Dagnabbit, I've had the theme song from Laverne and Shirley stuck in my head ever since I read that.

Philly had the same height limit refrains city hall, which is partially why it doesn't have a skyline commensurate with it's size or statute. We didn't get first 900 footer until late 80s, and are just getting our first >1,000 footer right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dagnabbit, I've had the theme song from Laverne and Shirley stuck in my head ever since I read that.
Hahahaha soon as I read this. Same thing happened to me. "We're gonna do it our way!"
shado_logo.gif

Hahahaha soon as I read this. Same thing happened to me. "We're gonna do it our way!"

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Archived