All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. They should make that the logo if/when Yeti wins
  3. You have no idea the trauma the Yeti has caused our people Yes, it's this. The Outlaw Trail runs through Utah
  4. *ding* *ding* *ding* And we are down to 12 heading into Week Three, with the Soul kaput, West Texas legally barred from playing, and this from the quarterback of the Georgia Force: Other fun financials: Some of the teams that jumped into the AFL and got players to sign for that promise of $1,000 per game are now telling those players it's actually $230 per game, because the money from the league is clearly never arriving. Some games last weekend were played with non-league footballs, because the official AFL balls were allegedly crap quality and the league wanted to charge teams $240 per ball for them.
  5. MLS NEXT Pro Soccer could be coming to Albany | Sports | dailygazette.com If this comes true, let's hope the owners do NOT pull a Real FC Albany United FC SC City name. Tired, so tiring. This is the area that had team names like the Albany Patroons, Albany River Rats, and Schenectady Frog Alleys!!
  6. I'm assuming Outlaws is on the list because of Butch Cassidy.
  7. Some Canes fans probably haven’t received their ‘CRY’ shirts in the mail yet. By the time they get it the Rangers will have swept us and the shirt will have a whole new meaning.
  8. kinda looks like Sam the Eagle.
  9. I like Black Diamonds, Caribou and Swarm the best, and voted for Mountaineers as the fourth. I always thought the Utah Mountains would be the best pivot if the Jazz were to ever change their name, so it’s close enough to that. I can live with Yeti or Outlaws, but I feel like Yeti’s trying a little too hard to be cool. I also don’t know any Utahns, but I don’t believe Yeti is a huge part of local folklore like Kraken was in Seattle. Outlaws is too Southwestern to be a perfect name, but is deserty enough to work.
  10. Well, that was easier than I thought it would be.
  11. So the playoffs will be (1) Atlanta vs (4) Grand Rapids, and (2) Omaha vs (3) San Diego. Guess I was wrong in my previous post
  12. Venom would be dated if it was 1996.
  13. Rangers - Canes in OT for the second game in a row. I've said it before and I'll say it again, OT in the Stanley Cup Playoffs is the best thing in sports...as long as your team isn't involved. OK, Rangers, let's get one and end this thing.
  14. In a sport where you play 162 games, I think experimenting a bit with the uniforms and the branding is totally acceptable. I like the City Connect project idea, but I think a lot of these are just ok at executing it. One example: Washington. The jersey looks great up close, and the branding is really cool. But, on TV, it ends up looking a bit dull and washed out with a grey and pastel pink base. If you're going to do something like that, lean all the way in and make sure the pink is really visible from a distance. As an aside, I would make sure that each team declares home and road uniforms (and perhaps a clash set if needed) and make a rule that it must be worn at least once in every series. That would make sure we always get classic jersey matchups and teams can't over use alternates.
  15. Salt Lake Shredders would be pretty sweet.
  16. why is it one or the other? A coach doesn't count against a cap.
  17. Commanders finally release draft pick numbers
  18. I don't know why the Brewers were so low on everyone's power rankings at the start of the season. I just never really saw them regressing much and figured they would still be competitive, even with losing Counsell.
  19. Just go back to the look that started in 1979 and use the new helmet. They won 3 Super Bowls in those uniforms. Dan Snyder should have never let his wife get involved.
  20. Yesterday
  21. The only ones in my opinion that are truly terrible are the Giants, Phillies and Reds. I'm not a big fan of the Rangers either but some people seem to like them. Boston is nice in a vacuum, but the Red Sox shouldn't be wearing blue and yellow and UCLA hats. Seattle is ruined by the black pants. Pirates are ruined by the PGH. Colorado is more tolerable when they wear white pants, I love the Marlins, White Sox and Rays (just wish they had colored numbers/word mark). Diamondbacks and Astros (wish this said Houston instead of Space City) would probably round out my top 5. I like that the Braves said "since we have to get rid of the throwback here's something close to it." I like the Padres and Phillies hats. And the Brewers grill logo.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.