All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It may help the Brewers from a travel and fan standpoint. The Astros are now close to one divisional foe with the other three division teams halfway across the country on the West Coast. A third of their road games start two hours later than the normal Central starting time for their home games. As a fan, it's not convenient to watch 20+ games with a 9 p.m. first pitch, especially on a weeknight. Not sure how that helps baseball, especially with a non-existent rivalry with the Rangers. Both teams have only been good together once in seven years.
  3. Imagine for a moment the Astros get 3 outs in an inning, but for some reason the umps make the Astros get 4 outs. Something stupid like "didn't see the third out". Is it the Astros fault if the next Yankee up hits a home run? No, they shouldn't have been in that position at all. That's what happens in football all the time. The officials blow something, makes the defense make an extra stop, and then when they don't make it knuckleheads go "well they had a chance to make the stop soooo". They shouldn't have had to in the first place! Why do we only do this when it comes to football?
  4. Except in a playoff game, every single call matters, and asking teams to come back from clear momentum killers is sometimes a bridge too far. That's the whole point.
  5. Oh, I have been definitely aware of that policy ... or at least have noticed a pattern of each Super Bowl being played only in an area that had at least one NFL team (or an AFL team, in the case of the Miami-hosted second and third editions of the "AFL-NFL World Championship Game") when that particular game took place. However, I am not sure if this co-worker of mine had bothered to recognize that same pattern with Super Bowl host regions, let alone known of an explicit policy confining Super Bowls to markets with NFL teams. If he knew that such a rule existed, then I am sure that he was wishing that the NFL would repeal that mandate and become willing to stage Super Bowls at college football stadia in places without NFL franchises.
  6. I didn't care for those hats when I first saw them, but they've grown on me. White front panels don't always work for me, but here I think it sets them apart from all the other navy/red hats currently out there. Plus, it reminds me (to some extent) of the Expos caps, which is a nice nod to their history...even if that nods only exists in my own mind.
  7. and it would be made better with the red being outlined in blue Also with the regular hats, but that is just me.
  8. And their rivals, the New Jersey State Nighthawks... New Jersey State University Location: Trenton, New Jersey Type: Public University Founded: 1897 Major Rivals: New Jersey, Philadelphia State
  9. To Canada. For literally the first time in my life. O Canada! Our home and native land!
  10. "middle of the game", 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter with a 17 point lead. Yeah totally the same thing. So a bad call that impacts the game regardless of where it happens is okay if the Patriots opponent has enough time to overcome both the Patriots and the officials, but if a bad cal happens at the very end of the game and the Patriots aren't involved then it's not okay? A. The Lions and Packers game have nothing to do with the 2017 AFCCG, but the Packers similarly benefit from bad officiating in the same way. The Lions routinely see the boned end of the stick. B. This is what you're not getting - The Jags shouldn't need "plenty of chances to win despite that call." They did what they had to do, but bonehead officials kept the patriots in the game. The Lions also did what they had to do. If it's called correctly the Patriots likely don't win that game. You know this. No it isn't. It was a 10 point swing thanks to that one call. If it was any other team I'd have the same reaction. That you're defending it is only out of childish Patriots homerism. Do all of Pats fans a favor and admit you only won because you got lucky on that call. You're making them all look bad. It's not disingenuous to point out that being up 17 points at that point is better than being up 10. The "effort the Patriots put in to win" only got to put in that effort and the mistakes the Jags made to lose the game only happened because the Patriots were gifted that bad call. IT'S HARD ENOUGH TO BEAT THE PATRIOTS WITHOUT THEM GETTING HELP FROM THE OFFICIALS WHICH THEY :censored:ING DID.
  11. >Be the San Diego Chargers >Move to LA because bigger market, better stadium and blocking the Raiders from moving there >Raiders move to Las Vegas >Get screwed out of your own market by a team that is 3 hours away If they didn't deserve every bit of this, I'd feel bad for them.
  12. I am assuming you and he are aware that the NFL has ALWAYS ONLY given Super Bowls to markets which already host NFL teams, which is why Los Angeles did not host one in those 21 years.
  13. Brandon Carr continues the Proud Ravens Tradition of standing 10-15 yards off of every receiver. 1st and 10? 15 yards off. 3rd and 5? 10 yards off. It never fails. Every game the opposing offense gets a few easy completions on Carr which just makes me shake my head. Once Jimmy Smith comes back, Carr will be the fourth cornerback, which is ideal. Saw a tweet listing every QB drafted in the Top 5 since 2006. In general, it’s not pretty. From Winston down (aka the QB’s that it’s not too early to make the call on), 8/12 were busts or disappointments. Only Luck, Newton, Stafford, and Ryan turned out well. Yeesh.
  14. I think the number on the front of the Nats script jerseys is set a little to high causing the script to be set at a high angle. The road Washington script doesn't seem to have this issue. I wonder if this could be remedied with adjusting the location of the number ever so slightly towards the belt.
  15. Today
  16. Auburn has finally revealed their new uniforms. Some interesting things here: TIGERS is on the orange jerseys - only 2nd uniform ever to have that moniker While the jerseys are rather plain, the shorts have an abundance of stripes Orange uniforms have different striping pattern, most evident on the waistband Eagle-silhouette logo appears on the belt buckle - making it's debut on uniforms this year here and on the WBB uniforms Working on my mockups currently.
  17. There’s a difference between something like that Jags-Pats game where it was one blown call in the middle of the game, and what happened in the Lions-Packers the other night when it was 2 obvious wrong calls at the end of the game that didn’t even give the other team possession. Jags had plenty of chances to win despite that call. Lions didn’t. Do the Pats get the benefit of the refs? I won’t deny that. But to say that’s why they won or they should have lost is such a childish patriots-hating excuse. It’s also disingenuous to the effort the Patriots put in to win, and the mistakes the Jags made to lose the game.
  18. Not necessary, but a good way to engage fans. Even if it's just a livestream.
  19. That is so much better than any other uniform they've ever worn.
  20. True, but the NFL let them get away with that, meaning it's about more than just retail sales. It's also about creating a hip and cool visual statement and buzz. You know, for kids.
  21. Great work on the NY teams...they both look outstanding !
  22. I figured that was too good to be an actual Pistons alternate design..
  23. It's a shame since I actually want it to be real.
  24. You're correct to be wary. That image is not representative of the design.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?