Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's Irel.....err Israel's new crest.

new-israel-crest.jpg

Hmmm ... interesting. There are elements of it I like, but there are also elements of it I think they'll regret in a few years time, like the rounded-off font.

Besides the obvious Ireland knockoffery, it really chafes me that it says Israel in English, not Hebrew.

Call me old-fashioned, but shouldn't the country's name on its national football crest should be in the national language of said country?

Besides the obvious Ireland knockoffery, it really chafes me that it says Israel in English, not Hebrew.

Call me old-fashioned, but shouldn't the country's name on its national football crest should be in the national language of said country?

My beef exactly...most countries do that though... Its a sell out imo.

Hebrew is on one of the other logos. Each different colored logo has a different language

The other logos are all in Hebrew, but none of them say Israel.

What do they say?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hebrew is on one of the other logos. Each different colored logo has a different language

The other logos are all in Hebrew, but none of them say Israel.

What do they say?

I can only read phonetically, but with the magic of the internet, I can deduce, from right-to-left (natually): "Shoftim" (which means "Judges," and according to Wiki is the Hebrew terms for Referees), "Toto" (which I presume refers to this), and the third one is for the National Cup.

that'd be my guess too. Instead of using the same crest on all the different things - like how the Italian referees use the Italian FA crest - they slightly change it. Makes sense.

harperdc.gif

The new AS Roma kits are NICE! They always put out quality designs.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Found this at footballshirtculture.com - sounds like Wigan opted out of their contract with Umbro for a deal with Champion. Interesting.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200805...ch-details.html

Man, I didn't know even know that Champion still existed, much less still made kits.

As for the new kits of the day, Werder Bremen released their 2008-09 home and away today (props to Kappa for stepping up their game recently; first with Roma and now these beauties!):

werder_bremen-08-09-kappa-kits.jpg

werder_bremen-08-09-kappa-kits-trikot.jpg

Portsmouth officially released their new, all-blue home strip:

portsmouth_08-09_canterbury-home-kit.jpg

Finally, the player numbers for Euro 2008 have been released. Sidney Govou is the unlucky man who will follow Zizou (Zinedine Zidane to those of you who aren't fans of Les Bleus) as the wearer of number 10 for France. Good luck, young fella...you're gonna need it.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Wow, Kappa's branding on the Roma and Werder Bremen jerseys makes Puma's use of its logo look positively subtle by comparison. I didn't think that was possible.

As for the Pompey kits, there are just too many different things going on. The vertical stripe on the rear, the horizontal stripe on the socks, the piping, the swirly side panels, Canterbury's three-dot thing, it's just too much, IMHO. And I wish they'd kept the white shorts and red socks, although I guess it would have been tough to pull off with all the gold in the jersey.

As for the Pompey kits, there are just too many different things going on. The vertical stripe on the rear, the horizontal stripe on the socks, the piping, the swirly side panels, Canterbury's three-dot thing, it's just too much, IMHO. And I wish they'd kept the white shorts and red socks, although I guess it would have been tough to pull off with all the gold in the jersey.

I thought so myself until I decided to see what it would look like myself...and through the wonders of a quick photoshop, it looks fine to me...

POMPEY.jpg

Shame they chose to stray from tradition.

Archived