The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nabokov traded to the Sharks for the ever important future considerations. I don't think I've ever seen a mid season version of the one day retirement contract.

Daniel Alfredsson's was only a couple months ago.

Pretty nice gesture from Nabokov and the Sharks though.

Bizarre finish in Chicago. Blackhawks give up the puck in their own zone inside of a minute and Raanta makes a stupid good save. The Blackhawks subsequently rush down-ice and get 2-near game winners with seconds left, the first of which was maybe a couple hairs from being a goal, yet overturned in review.

The Blackhawks then, of course, lost in a really dismal shootout performance. Raanta looked just awful, as he typically does in shootouts.

Shootouts are terrible in general. What a dumb conclusion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've been watching enough soccer in recent years to learn that ties are fine, and oftentimes, deserved. Never coming back in the NHL, though, and I doubt the league ever adopts the 3-point international standings, so we're stuck with the most imperfect system.

Marian Hossa, who was long overdue for a shooting % correction and is getting the hell out of it, doesn't get put in the top 3 for the shootout because that's where 27% Patrick Sharp goes, now, always, and forever. But hey, what do I know, I don't have two Cups.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I understand why the Blue Jackets don't name a team captain anymore. I imagine it's a career milestone along the lines of becoming a drummer for Spinal Tap.

Its either gonna be Nicky or Dubi, they deserve the most. And why is Boll a :censored: alt captain?

That's what- She

I've been watching enough soccer in recent years to learn that ties are fine, and oftentimes, deserved. Never coming back in the NHL, though, and I doubt the league ever adopts the 3-point international standings, so we're stuck with the most imperfect system.

If ties came back, today's NHL coaches would just have all five skaters stand behind their goal lines lobbing back and forth for 65 minutes so that everyone got 82 points and no one ever lost. GET PUCKS DEEP!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice win by the Kings tonight against the Beej at Child Killer Insurance Nationwide Arena.

This little strikethrough thing that you love to do has never been funny. Get out and stop posting.
Things are getting a little salty between McCarthy and dbad. Wish I had a thread to keep track of stuff like this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nabokov traded to the Sharks for the ever important future considerations. I don't think I've ever seen a mid season version of the one day retirement contract.

I don't think Alfredsson was actually ever under contract. He did get the key to the city though, so don't sit in any old electric chairs.

Man oh man, of all the insurance companies, why did it have to be Nationwide? Poor Espen Knutsen.

Such a bad, bad way for delivering a point for families to buy their homeowner's insurance to save their kids from potential disaster. It's one of those ads which can never be shaken off someone's mind that simply. Hasn't off mine.

Another listless performance from the Sharks......

At least it was against a team in its own, playoff excursion rather than a full-blown, scrub, playing-out-the-string squad.

Man oh man, of all the insurance companies, why did it have to be Nationwide? Poor Espen Knutsen.

Such a bad, bad way for delivering a point for families to buy their homeowner's insurance to save their kids from potential disaster. It's one of those ads which can never be shaken off someone's mind that simply. Hasn't off mine.

I agree that the tone wasn't welcome for the event (we're all talking about it, though!), but that's not what the commercial was saying. Buying insurance isn't going to do anything other than pay for your kid's funeral. They were saying "fix these things that could kill your kid so you don't have to call us".

I don't think Alfredsson was actually ever under contract. He did get the key to the city though, so don't sit in any old electric chairs.
Yup, he signed a one day contract and was even offered to play a shift, which he declined.

I agree that the tone wasn't welcome for the event (we're all talking about it, though!), but that's not what the commercial was saying. Buying insurance isn't going to do anything other than pay for your kid's funeral. They were saying "fix these things that could kill your kid so you don't have to call us".

Also, I immediately went to Brittanie Cecil. I hadn't made the connection between that happening in Nationwide Arena and the Nationwide super bowl ad until last night.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Marian Hossa, who was long overdue for a shooting % correction and is getting the hell out of it, doesn't get put in the top 3 for the shootout because that's where 27% Patrick Sharp goes, now, always, and forever. But hey, what do I know, I don't have two Cups.

Sharp is, according to Andy's-Untrained-Buffoon-o-Vision, one of the worst 1-on-1 scorers in the league. Hell, Michael Fondling Roszival is a puck wizard compared to Sharp during shootouts. Sharp's typical breakway/shootout attack is to hesitate, guess, fire weakly, be easily denied, skate somberly back to the bench. Yet in your game-saving situation Q trots him out over Hossa or Saad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived