The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I live in a world where Minnesota gets in and the Sharks and Kings don't? That'd be acceptable as well.

I think that would be ideal, and not impossible. I could see Dubnyk getting them that far but no further. I just don't want to live in a world where the Sharks finish 14th and win the lottery with a 1% chance, enabling their smug fans to say they didn't even need to rebuild, not when America's Best Adult League is at stake.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can I live in a world where Minnesota gets in and the Sharks and Kings don't? That'd be acceptable as well.

I think that would be ideal, and not impossible. I could see Dubnyk getting them that far but no further. I just don't want to live in a world where the Sharks finish 14th and win the lottery with a 1% chance, enabling their smug fans to say they didn't even need to rebuild, not when America's Best Adult League is at stake.
Yeah, that's the doomsday scenario if either misses the playoffs, since everyone has their shot at McDavid now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I used to root for the Sharks in the playoffs every year until I encountered an a$$holish Northern Californian exterminator. Now Sharks failures fill me with great joy. Last year when I wanted them to win they blew 4 straight games in epic fashion. They are useless. Please miss the playoffs, San Jose.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was Sharks-positive from 2007 onward, but since the Hawks exposed their lack of depth in 2010, I've grown increasingly annoyed with them being just good enough to hang around and keep fresh teams out of the field while their fans say "sorry, but we don't rebuild" after I had to live through the rebuild to end all rebuilds (to be surpassed by the Oilers if they ever...build it). Then add all the stuff about The NHL's Best Fans, the fact that they had the Kings down 0-3 and COULDN'T F-CKING FINISH THE F-CKING JOB LIKE 99 PERCENT OF ALL PLAYOFF TEAMS THAT DO THAT, and now it's at the point where I basically hope they never win another game all year unless they're playing a team in the Central and I need them to hold off the two points. Of course, those are the games where they give up like seven goals to the Blues! Stupid Sharks.

Ducks stuff:

- Matt Beleskey out 2-4 weeks, Sami Vatanen out 4-6 weeks.... The season from injury hell continues! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

- After Getzlaf called Ovechkin out for diving on Sunday, Ovechkin offered his response: "Maybe he's just jealous. I have hair. He don't have hair. We can start talking about it all day long."

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Man, such vitriol for a perpetual loser. I don't know if I should be impressed or disturbed.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Amusing play at the end of Isles-Canes, as John Tavares unknowingly clears a puck out of the Isles' end and into an empty net, Carolina having pulled the goalie with around 4:30 left. Caught everyone off guard.

Oh and no one's at the game but screencapping it is more work than I'm willing to put in.

I think that area's in one of those "we have absolutely zero means of preparing for one of these" snow/ice storms right now, so I'm not going to bag on Raleigh for Sunrising on this particular night.

Mind you, Peter Karmanos can still go take an enema of broken pistachio shells, as far as I'm concerned.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Man, such vitriol for a perpetual loser. I don't know if I should be impressed or disturbed.

It's just people being tired of San Jose's disappearing performance every single season, only this time, their vanishing act is hogging up a potential playoff spot away from relative-postseason newbies (Wild, Flames, Stars (if they can catch up)).

At this point, the Sharks have reached the levels of the A's, Tigers, 49ers, Bengals and Thunder; they're a team who can churn out good-quality regular seasons then pile-on mediocre postseason runs, to which the sports public has generally grown tired and yawned of such mediocrity happening.

I just hope the Sharks fall down the standings and stay there, just to humble some of the jerks in the Shark Tank and to convince the team to blow the whole damn franchise up (knowing their brass, they'd probably just remove crests from the jerseys to make them "lighter" and sign all of their stars to decade-long contracts).

Oh, and Admiral is totally right about the nasty "The NHL's Best Fans™" attitude that floats around the Sharks fandom. Heck, I'm surprised that there is not a twitter account that covers the worst aspects of the fandom (even if 95% of it would probably be stuff from our disturbing exterminator buddy).

As with the Cardinals, the frustrating part is that they are pretty knowledgeable fans, but get out of your own asses already! And unlike the Cardinals, win something first!

Archived