The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch the 1st and 2nd periods of the Sharks tonight, but saw it was 2-0 Arizona after 1, and 2-2 after the 2nd. However I was able to watch the third period and the Sharks looked hungrier and more team-oriented returning to the shut-down defensive team they could be and have been in the past. Still a few easy entries for the Coyotes but much better than Wednesday's game.

Also, the Big Pavelski strikes again. 4th Career hat trick!

Congrats Pavs!!

Also, congrats to Todd McLellan on his 300th victory as Head Coach!

The Canadiens sure aren't letting the Oilers or Sabres get McDavid under their watch.

Watching that game, the Oilers are a pretty dynamic team. Those kids have skill. No defense whatsoever or much of anything else, but that was a fun game to watch.

The Sabres have always played the Habs tough, good or bad in the standings. As long as we can beat the good teams, which we seem to be doing (Islanders, Penguins, Bruins, Red Wings, Rangers) I'm not worried. We just have to find a way to beat the Lightning.

sig.png

The Canadiens sure aren't letting the Oilers or Sabres get McDavid under their watch.

Watching that game, the Oilers are a pretty dynamic team. Those kids have skill. No defense whatsoever or much of anything else, but that was a fun game to watch..

I don't know if you can compliment a team when they lose 7-2 to Ottawa.

I was thinking back to when Clarkson signed with the Leafs, and how he left money on the table from Edmonton to sign with Toronto. Lest you think the Oil couldn't be any worse...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Steve Montador dead at 35. History of head trauma and depression and at 35 years old...guessing we'll know more about this soon and it'll be what you think it is. Very sad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sad to hear.

In NHL news, the Leafs traded Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli to Nashville for Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen, and a first. I expect Leipsic to be proclaimed the next Darcy Tucker, then have a solid career as a member of the Orlando Solar Bears. Jokinen should be traded within a week, and with any luck, the sixth-rounder we get in return for him will turn out.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Dang. Would have loved to see Franson in the black and gold of the Bruins. This actually might be the time to sell for the Bruins. Trading some UFA's wouldn't be a bad move and maybe even trading some higher priced players that other teams are willing to overspend for at the deadline. This year hasn't been great for the B's and considering their depth with youth, I wouldn't say a slight rebuild could be in order.

It's also funny to read the reaction in the HFBoards regarding Peter Chiarelli. The word "incompetent" is being thrown around very liberally. I wouldn't exactly say Chiarelli is totally "incompetent."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived