The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

I thought about going full manifesto, but the short version is that the Sabres gave up a lot to get Evander Kane, a guy that has scored more than 43 points in a season only once. He has had off-ice issues. He didn't fit in in Winnipeg... what makes anyone think he'll like it in Buffalo? They're both small, cold-weather cities where people will bug him about the power play in the produce section. I hope it will work, but I don't think it will.

It's exciting/frightening to see the future take shape. It was a lot simpler to think, "These 75 first-round picks will all be on the roster in three years and we'll never lose!!!1!".

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Buffalo: Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and a prospect

To Winnipeg: Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, two prospects, first round pick (via St. Louis)

1) Yes. Embrace the tank, Buffalo.

2) Winnipeg made an NHL player trade, and a pretty good one. Push Jets, push

Shouldn't it be...

*puts on sunglasses*

...fly Jets, fly?

I'm not entirely convinced the Sharks make the playoffs. A deadline deal might change that, but with Minnesota and Los Angeles pushing, and Calgary and Vancouver (and Winnipeg) continuing to exceed expectations, it wouldn't shock me at all if the Sharks were the ones to drop out. The team feels past its expiration date.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not entirely convinced the Sharks make the playoffs. A deadline deal might change that, but with Minnesota and Los Angeles pushing, and Calgary and Vancouver (and Winnipeg) continuing to exceed expectations, it wouldn't shock me at all if the Sharks were the ones to drop out. The team feels past its expiration date.

Oh yeah, the Sharks played better in the Second and Third period last night but not a full game. I think if they stop acting like the Harlem Globetrotters of Hockey (fancy dekes, 90 stretch passes when that pass isn't open) and get some players back from injury, they are a top tier playoff-caliber team.

If they want a work a trade maybe move Burns back to Forward and pick up a defensive Defenseman, but Burns on the top line with Thornton and Pavelski, move Karlsson to the Couture and Marleau line or move on of the to the third line. Though the only guy I could see them moving if they want to continue with the "young player development model" is moving Hannan for another veteran. Would they/could they move Dillon?

Here's the stats comparison:

Brendan Dillon: -9

2 Goals

6 Assists

8 Points

31 Penalty Minutes

Scott Hannan: +2

1 Goal

3 Assists

4 Points

22 Penalty Minutes

I was just mad at Milbury because having a losing streak and being able to hold serve and/or make up ground in February is much different than it is to have a losing streak and being able hold serve and/or make up ground in mid-to-late March/early April. I suppose that's picking on Milbury, because maybe that's not the way he thinks maybe NBCSN had him drum it up for TV/Entertainment value.

Also, credit to Couture who tells it like it is,

“Soft around our net again,” said Couture, who scored his 20th goal in the second period. “It seems like every game the other team is scoring some pretty easy goals. We’re not making it tough. It’s on the defense, it’s on the forward playing low to be harder around our net.”

I Know they have to respect the shooting ability of the capitals and all, but letting them walk right into the zone in the middle of the ice is giving just a bit too much. I guess one could say you can also see how much the Sharks need Vlasic, when he's not in their D just drops off. Add Braun not in the lineup and make it tough, but you play with the hand you are dealt that night.

Yeah I wonder if the Sharks have a deadline deal up their sleeves. I also wonder if they shake up the team by canning McClellan before the year is out. The team has struggled with the weaker teams this year and like I said before the race for the division could be much more interesting if they did how they beat them like they were supposed to. Nothing against the Flames, but it's pretty bad to only take 1 of 5 against them in the season series. After playing in AZ tomorrow, the team has a brutal stretch after that(vs TB, @NSH, @DAL, vs LA). Hopefully the team can finally play up to their potential one of these days. The Stadium Series game with the Kings better not be like the when the other tenant there embarrassed themselves against their hated rival.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Was Evander Kane a locker room cancer or something?

That is the general consensus.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Tyler Myers gets injured in his first game as a Jet. Chevy's never going to trade for a warm body again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On the night the Kings wear their '70s throwbacks, their players with uniform numbers in the 70s have combined for 5 goals and 5 assists.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Quick is such a baby. If we all had a dollar for every time he done that...

Maybe the NHL outta start a new rule. If you break your own stick, you have to go the rest of the game without it!

Sees as the new sticks are apparently made of balsa, I would recommend against this rule.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived