2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cagliari unveiled a new crest

logo4.png

The biggest upgrade is that the four moors are front and center again, but the shape of the cross doesn't convince me. i also don't like that it just says Cagliari, it could be a logo about anything Sardinian, I would have moved Cagliari slightly up and added calcio in a smaller font beneath it. Although it Looks like I was on the right direction with my concept ?

Here's the old one for reference

zoom_60667334_stemma_cagliari.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I could do without the lighter brown stripes, but yeah. Darker brown and light blue is a fantastic combination. Wish more clubs would utilize it...do they fear poop jokes from opposing supporters?

You're right that that color combination can be great, but I'm not totally feeling it with this Porto jersey. I wish the blue cuffs were the same thickness as the stripes, and I'm going to have to see how the sponsor logo looks to understand why they left a blank space for it and didn't try to continue the stripes. Also, why'd they feel the need to use 3 shades of brown (collar+sleeves+sides, Ajax torso, and stripes)?

I see some nice ideas for Porto from New Balance this year but I'm not a fan of the execution.

---

Munich 1860, on the other hand, look about as perfect as can be.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

So I think we can all agree, regardless of whether or not one thinks it looks good in a vacuum, that Nike's USWNT kits for this World Cup are stupid because black & volt. The most ridiculous thing of all is that there is a perfectly good Nike-made white US kit at this tournament, its just being worn by the French:

1811.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Make the sock hoops red instead and that look has some serious potential.

Nike. *shakes fist*

I'd like to see a concept for that.

It's been interesting watching all the RWB teams in this Women's World Cup and wondering what look the U.S. can make their own. And with Norway playing today I've been checking out their kits.

Their primary seems like a great way we can tweak our currently all-white polo shirt set to look less like England (although I'm personally a fan of just switching out the white socks for red ones):

2649163_big-lnd.jpg

And their clash provides a more contemporary (read: minimalist, with an unnecessary fade) example of a sashed jersey, for which I know there's a vocal group of advocates calling for a USNT return to:

2621637_big-lnd.jpg

Of course, I don't think Norway should ever have given up this beautiful (and more recognizably Norwegian) kit:

Norway.jpg

XCUfRbB.jpg

U.S. men are keeping the white polo shirt look from last year as their primary.

We've got white vs yellow in tonight's USA/Colombia Women's World Cup match, so I think it's safe to say FIFA light/dark kit regulations mean nothing.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Even more bizarre is that the two teams, one in Nike and one in Adidas, use a very similar gradient effect on the socks. Yet the USA's fades to yellow-ish and Colombia's fades to white. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember watching another Nike-Adidas match in this Women's World Cup where both teams had that fade effect on their socks. I guess that's hot right now among the big 2's designers.

XCUfRbB.jpg

Sporting has almost the same laser dots like new nike kits.

Manchester City:

ob_61bea2_manchester-city-nouveau-maillo

ob_91f17e_city-nouveau-maillot-exterieur

What's going on with the sleeves of that secondary? The primary looks awesome tho with those white accents.

spacer.png

Sporting has almost the same laser dots like new nike kits.

Manchester City:

ob_61bea2_manchester-city-nouveau-maillo

ob_91f17e_city-nouveau-maillot-exterieur

What's going on with the sleeves of that secondary? The primary looks awesome tho with those white accents.
I believe it's meant to be a moon to symbolize the supporter's song 'Blue Moon'.

spacer.png

Archived