2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

Meanwhile, here's the font Arsenal will be sporting in their non-Premier League matches...

arsenal-15-16-kit-font-numbers_zpskd5huz

arsenal-15-16-kit-letters_zpsflqzbc4z.jp

Can't say I'm particularly taken with it.

So nobody is allowed to wear 3 or 8 eh?

Bad news for number 38-wearing young Gunner Chuba Akpom, then. :P

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, here's the font Arsenal will be sporting in their non-Premier League matches...

arsenal-15-16-kit-font-numbers_zpskd5huz

arsenal-15-16-kit-letters_zpsflqzbc4z.jp

Can't say I'm particularly taken with it.

So nobody is allowed to wear 3 or 8 eh?

Bad news for number 38-wearing young Gunner Chuba Akpom, then. :P

His name on the back would also be AKPÖM then.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Those Nigeria kits are horrible, and there is nothing that can change my opinion on that. Not only are they generic, but they are the same kits that probably hundreds of other teams have worn, from youth teams to other professional and/or international teams that Nike outfits in team wear. There was absolutely no thought put into those kits, and In result Nigeria looks extremely amateurish on the field in comparison to some of the other teams in the WWC, including the U.S. I will agree with you that the Americans' kit is a little out of the box, and frankly inexcusable with the lack of actual national colors, but there was some actual thought put in to it, and it looks very clean and professional from a purely aesthetic standpoint. Now I certainly respect your opinion, but I am entitled to disagree with it. And the last sentence of your post, "I have serious doubts in your taste for thinking otherwise" was truly uncalled for and frankly shocking in its lack of professionalism. But I can get over that, and I hope you can respect my opinion as I do yours. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

You're right; I got mad at how much you were bashing Nigeria (or Nike's) decision to use teamwear, and so I made it personal, in a way that was pretty harsh. I still stand by where I was essentially coming from, in that it seems silly to me to de facto favor custom design over teamwear, regardless of how each design looks on the field and fits contextually with a given team--you could argue that not only does Nigeria have an edge based on the right colors being used for them as opposed to the U.S., not to mention that teamwear design resembling the Nigerian flag so much that my 16 year old sister even commented on that, but also that African soccer federations, with their struggles financing their national programs, actually fit into teamwear more than First World countries funding a new custom design for every tournament, as much as we all wish all professional teams could always have custom design.

I'm getting to the point where I think the nature of this forum is causing a lot of us to evaluate uniforms in a different way than people used to: in isolation, on a screen, without considering how they look in-game or how they may fit into the context of a team we don't really know anything about, along with over-privileging minute details that we're going to be the only ones to recognize, other than people who pay close attention to the uniforms during TV close-ups. (c.f. the quote in my signature)

That said, I shouldn't have made a discussion of two countries' women's soccer uniforms personal; sorry about that.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

This was already mentioned in a separate thread, but I figured it's worth mentioning here. The Atlanta MLS team will announce their name and crest on July 7th.

CHu50leWEAAja36.jpg

A little surprised since I assumed that "gold' would mean athletic gold, but apparently they'll be using metallic gold instead. Can't complain though, it'll be a unique look for the league.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Looks like they might go with an AC Milan look, though I am just going off the stripes on the invitation.

Watching Colombia vs Brazil. Colombian keeper is wearing highlighter green kit while the outfield players wear highlighter yellow. Not sure why they didn't make the keeper change shirts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So I think we can all agree, regardless of whether or not one thinks it looks good in a vacuum, that Nike's USWNT kits for this World Cup are stupid because black & volt. The most ridiculous thing of all is that there is a perfectly good Nike-made white US kit at this tournament, its just being worn by the French:

1811.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Make the sock hoops red instead and that look has some serious potential.

Nike. *shakes fist*

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Norwich City released their teaser video... it doesn't tell you a lot...

But reading between the lines, there's some speculation, based on a view from around the 25-26 second mark of the video, that it might be a throwback like this:

TmOCUtx.jpg

In which case... want.

By the way, not sure it's been mentioned, but the most ugly iconic 1992-93 NCFC shirts, as immortalized by Jeremy Goss' goal celebration, are now available as throwbacks. http://shop.canaries.co.uk/leisurewear/mens/retro/retro-1992-94-home-shirt

I think Atletico's jersey is fantastic. The double-outlined stripes, the perfect amount of blue accents. The only thing I'm not so sure about is giving the blue swoosh a white outline. I'd sorta like to see how it would look without an outline.

Porto's jersey, on the other hand, is a total fail from New Balance. The clashing blue collar would be bad enough if everything else was kept inside-the-box, but that extremely thin yellow/orange sleeve trim? And then don't even get me started on the back...

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

By the way, not sure it's been mentioned, but the most ugly iconic 1992-93 NCFC shirts, as immortalized by Jeremy Goss' goal celebration, are now available as throwbacks. http://shop.canaries.co.uk/leisurewear/mens/retro/retro-1992-94-home-shirt

I remember watching the match when you beat Bayern.

glory10.png

Ugh , atletico is yet another victim of the different front and back trend. Just continue the stripes on the back, blue numbers aren't hard to read at all. I'm okay with the sleeves not having stripes, and I can tolerate the single color box like Juve, but not even attempting to put stripes is awful.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Wooo yeah! What happened to the logo change though?

ob_f739be_west-ham-new-kit-2016.jpeg2015-16_adult_home_shirt_crest_346_346_1

The logo will change next year when they move into the new stadium. This year they will celebrate the old Stadium being thier last season in it.

glory10.png

Archived