2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit. I don't like Arsenal having a (variation of) yellow kit with blue sleeves because I want Spurs to bring that look back again at some point. The more Arsenal do it the less likely that will probably be.

Even if they avoid yellow with blue sleeves, they still have a pretty nice rotation through bright yellow, bright blue, and navy away kits. They've established a pretty nice away identity with those.

I loved how Nigeria's women's team looked on the field today (from a uniform perspective):

2650027_big-lnd.jpg

I'm not so much a fan of their white kit, though, which is too plain, and the only bit that's not plain about them is the metallic numbers, which just look black in all the shade that Canada's stadiums' roofs seem to create. When the players are in a sunny part of the stadium, though, the metallic green numbers do look really sharp.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Those Nigeria kits are just Nike team wear.. Pair that with the awful names and numbers, and you have a pretty terrible kit. There is no way that those kits looked good, and even the white, black, and volt of the U.S. is miles better in comparison. Honestly, those Nigeria kits are worse than some of the high school teams in my area.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah I know it's teamwear, but it looks great to me. From the color combination to the asymmetry to, like I said, how it looks on the field. Sometimes generic is better than out-of-the-box, which should be clear from that pic. I have serious doubts in your taste for thinking otherwise.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Those Nigeria kits are horrible, and there is nothing that can change my opinion on that. Not only are they generic, but they are the same kits that probably hundreds of other teams have worn, from youth teams to other professional and/or international teams that Nike outfits in team wear. There was absolutely no thought put into those kits, and In result Nigeria looks extremely amateurish on the field in comparison to some of the other teams in the WWC, including the U.S. I will agree with you that the Americans' kit is a little out of the box, and frankly inexcusable with the lack of actual national colors, but there was some actual thought put in to it, and it looks very clean and professional from a purely aesthetic standpoint. Now I certainly respect your opinion, but I am entitled to disagree with it. And the last sentence of your post, "I have serious doubts in your taste for thinking otherwise" was truly uncalled for and frankly shocking in its lack of professionalism. But I can get over that, and I hope you can respect my opinion as I do yours. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I loved how Nigeria's women's team looked on the field today (from a uniform perspective):

2650027_big-lnd.jpg

I'm not so much a fan of their white kit, though, which is too plain, and the only bit that's not plain about them is the metallic numbers, which just look black in all the shade that Canada's stadiums' roofs seem to create. When the players are in a sunny part of the stadium, though, the metallic green numbers do look really sharp.

This looked like a commercial for the USWNT uniforms where, instead of playing a real opponent, they play a generic team.

But at least Nigeria wore their colors.

2650027_big-lnd.jpg

This looked like a commercial for the USWNT uniforms where, instead of playing a real opponent, they play a generic team.

But at least Nigeria wore their colors.

This is why I hope that if the USA makes the final they have to wear the blue kit. But unless they play Germany, they'll probably be in this mess. I hope for the next USA design they go with sublimated stars or the stripes waving in the kit. Something similar to what Portland Thorns are wearing this year. This should have never been approved.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here's some actual photos of the Arsenal away kit. Interesting modification to the template's diamond pattern with little As built into the line work.

I gotta say, I'm loving these, bar the armpits and panel at the bottom-back of the shirt. I have the same complaint with the home kit.

arsenal-away-kit-2015-2016-1-600x778.jpg
arsenal-15-16-away-kit-1-600x859.jpg
arsenal-uitshirt-15-16-mouw-1-600x600.jp

Arsenal's new home shirts are crap but I actually really like this away kit aside from, as mentioned above, the stupid armpit stain and the panel at the back. I like the pattern and the warmth of the more "old gold" and navy as a change-up from the brightness of last year's away shirt.

Meanwhile, here's the font Arsenal will be sporting in their non-Premier League matches...

arsenal-15-16-kit-font-numbers_zpskd5huz

arsenal-15-16-kit-letters_zpsflqzbc4z.jp

Can't say I'm particularly taken with it.

I'm not totally in love with it, but I do appreciate that there's a consistent and thought-out design philosophy throughout the entire graphics system this year.

Contrasting it to two years ago, I'll never forgive Nike for the weird Battlefield Earth numbers/lettering that they put on the away kits in their last year of their contract.

Leeds United announced that they'll wear Kappa from the upcoming season. I hope they roll out something better than what they did with the German teams.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived