2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conrad tweeted out a pic that appears to be Seattle's new away kit (but sized for a woman I'd imagine due to the neck and sleeves):
B-3vzYpUIAEONei.jpg

I've been a fan of most of the new MLS kits we've seen this season, but I just can't get behind this one. I'm not sure why either. I think it's the grey throwing me off, though it could be multiple things.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

That's really stupid looking. Hopefully they'll treat it like last season's away and not wear it.

I'm surprised their shirts don't say XBOX ONE.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Conrad tweeted out a pic that appears to be Seattle's new away kit (but sized for a woman I'd imagine due to the neck and sleeves):

B-3vzYpUIAEONei.jpg

I've been a fan of most of the new MLS kits we've seen this season, but I just can't get behind this one. I'm not sure why either. I think it's the grey throwing me off, though it could be multiple things.

That's not grey, that dress is blue.

NYCdog.png

That's really stupid looking. Hopefully they'll treat it like last season's away and not wear it.

The reason that they don't use the One is because it's a part of something bigger, the Xbox brand. It'd be like if instead of using the Chevrolet logo you used the Chevy Silverado.

spacer.png

The reason that they don't use the One is because it's a part of something bigger, the Xbox brand. It'd be like if instead of using the Chevrolet logo you used the Chevy Silverado.

Sure, but the original Sounders shirts said "XBOX 360 LIVE":

Seattle+Sounders_+2009-10+Away.png

...And in a check of their following jerseys, it's always been just XBOX so, yeah, it makes since to be the overall brand.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sure, but the original Sounders shirts said "XBOX 360 LIVE":

Seattle+Sounders_+2009-10+Away.png

...And in a check of their following jerseys, it's always been just XBOX so, yeah, it makes since to be the overall brand.

I was not aware of that. Interesting to be sure, but using XBOX would probably make the most sense for them.

That's not grey, that dress is blue.

Oh now don't you start too. :P

spacer.png

Sounders white kit is certainly interesting. Only thing for me to hold out hope on is that replica often over exaggerate design elements in the authentic version. I'm sure its a leak of sorts too as the Sounders Pro Shop pulled the shirts after word got out.

Anyone think its suppose to somehow replicate a slightly light grey thick pinstripe shirt? Hard to say but we'll know this coming week

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Crystal Palace - chose Avec over Nike because they wanted a bespoke design. But Avec is a subsidiary of Nike and so the deal was still with Nike. Avec didn't manufacture training kits, so all of their training kits were Nike branded.

Everton - chose Umbro over Nike, after choosing Nike over Le Coq a few years before. They have a deal with Kitbag who sort out all of their merchandising, kits and training wear. So again it was part of the same deal and not choosing one deal over another for the sake of aesthetics.

Southampton - The Saints dropped Adidas after a big falling out. Supposedly Nicola Cortese was unhappy that he saw the same shirt design that Saints were given only without the badge/sponsors being sold for £15. The fans were unhappy that the shirt was retailing at £50, as well as not including the traditional stripes. They couldn't repair their relationship in time to make their kits for this 14/15 season but will return to Adidas for 15/16.

The last example is probably the closest you will get to what you were saying IanC. Though it still isn't the same thing. It's not like they said, well we didn't like how the Adidas kits looked so we are choosing Manufacturer X instead.

I know Wrexham chose Nike for their 150th anniversary season because they had a hooped shirt in their catalogue and wanted a hooped shirt to reflect their first kit.

bifcolympique_zps28a2961e.png

Archived