2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

I'm shocked the new Man United Adidas kit hasn't been leaked yet to be honest.

United are the one team that is very good at concealing their changes to the kit. I'd expect it to come after June 1st when the Nike contract ends. It could come before, but I can only think of one time that a team wore their new supplier's uniforms in the same season and I want to say it was Portsmouth or West Ham. I'm also wondering if City will stay with Nike or jump ship when their contract comes up. I'd think they'd be the main star in England now.

I think City and Nike will have a long time partnership. Nike is losing teams all over the league and I don't think they will lose a top team like City.

Nike has the cash and I'm assuming 1st right of refusal so I don't know if they're losing out as much as choosing to profit and not lose money on a team contract. To your point though signing less teams allows nike to secure more lucrative and longer term deals with their trophy clubs like fcb and poach a few clubs that they may have their eye on.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still feel that the way it's written it means that the Galaxy aren't wearing them.

That's my reading as well. That's not confirmation of anything.

I still feel that the way it's written it means that the Galaxy aren't wearing them.

That's my reading as well. That's not confirmation of anything.

I'll 3rd that gents

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm shocked the new Man United Adidas kit hasn't been leaked yet to be honest.

United are the one team that is very good at concealing their changes to the kit. I'd expect it to come after June 1st when the Nike contract ends. It could come before, but I can only think of one time that a team wore their new supplier's uniforms in the same season and I want to say it was Portsmouth or West Ham. I'm also wondering if City will stay with Nike or jump ship when their contract comes up. I'd think they'd be the main star in England now.

I think City and Nike will have a long time partnership. Nike is losing teams all over the league and I don't think they will lose a top team like City.

Nike has the cash and I'm assuming 1st right of refusal so I don't know if they're losing out as much as choosing to profit and not lose money on a team contract. To your point though signing less teams allows nike to secure more lucrative and longer term deals with their trophy clubs like fcb and poach a few clubs that they may have their eye on.

Manchester United and Arsenal aren't "trophy clubs"? Juventus isn't a "trophy club"? :blink:

The most valuable team in the world isn't a trophy club?

Adidas now has more clubs than Nike in the Premier League, the league with the biggest merchandise sales in Europe.

There's no way to spin those except as losses for Nike. And I personally prefer Nike's kits.

Chicago is using a third this year, and I'm pretty confident portland will be using their green and gold third this year as well. So that rumor of no thirds this year is just not valid. The article clearly reads that the Galaxy will not be using a third this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I wish Nike would pick up MLS. How long does Adidas' deal last?

I don't mind Adidas' designs per se, but I really don't like the three strips on any of their shirts. I used to not mind it, but the three stripes being so predominant in the World Cup final really turned me off to the brand.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I wish Nike would pick up MLS. How long does Adidas' deal last?

I don't mind Adidas' designs per se, but I really don't like the three strips on any of their shirts. I used to not mind it, but the three stripes being so predominant in the World Cup final really turned me off to the brand.

2018 is when this contract ends. It was extended a couple years ago.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

There have been reports that Tottenham are looking to sign with Nike come 2018 when the Under armour deal ends. This will tie in with rumours of the new stadium contract rights.

Personally I would stick with Under Armour or go with Umbro over Nike. Not a fan of Nike kits full stop. Bland and boring.

glory10.png

And Umbro is different how, exactly? I'd put them in the same category as Nike - classic and clean over cluttered.

I wouldn't. Umbro are just better looking and tailored. Nike is just bland and have run out of ideas when it comes to kit making. Probably why they are losing so many contracts to Adidas and Puma at the moment.

That's my opinion anyhow.

glory10.png

Nike is just bland and have run out of ideas when it comes to kit making. Probably why they are losing so many contracts to Adidas and Puma at the moment.

You don't actually believe this do you?

Kit deals just go to the highest bidder generally.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived