2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The socks don't even match the rest of the uniform. Really wishing these were only for the sendoff matches. I was really hoping they were pregame jerseys and not match shirts. Now the USA and Mexico are wearing almost the same white kits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have to say, I could deal with it if the socks were white. It would be an extremely bland and boring kit. The black would still make me scratch my head and wonder why there is no red, white, and blue, but it would just be ok.

The socks, however, change everything. Now it's just all about flash and flowing into the neon of Nike's neon topped cleats.

Nike needs to at least put some form of national pride into it. A sash, stars, a red and blue stripe, something. Nothing about this resonates as the Yanks and only as Team Nike.

This is coming from someone who has bought every USMNT shirt from 2006 and is hoping it really is just a women's kit because Nike's given me no sense of American pride in this shirt. It's pretty irking that the women are wearing it on the biggest stage, the WC. They better not put the men in it, either.

I'm probably in the minority but to me the garish socks are the only thing that gives this kit any life. Almost like an extension of modern, hypercolored boots players wear.

I'm not saying that makes it good as a USA home kit...just that it makes it more interesting to me as an overall look.

Quick and easy way to make this kit much more acceptable and American:

Make all black now blue (you can even do a tonal blue crest).

Fade the socks from white to red.

There you go. It would still be simple, maybe boring. But it would look AMERICAN. Right now, it's Team Nike and it's awful.

There you go. It would still be simple, maybe boring. But it would look AMERICAN. Right now, it's Team Nike and it's awful.

Take notes, Nike.

spacer.png

I have to say, I could deal with it if the socks were white. It would be an extremely bland and boring kit. The black would still make me scratch my head and wonder why there is no red, white, and blue, but it would just be ok.

The socks, however, change everything. Now it's just all about flash and flowing into the neon of Nike's neon topped cleats.

Nike needs to at least put some form of national pride into it. A sash, stars, a red and blue stripe, something. Nothing about this resonates as the Yanks and only as Team Nike.

This is coming from someone who has bought every USMNT shirt from 2006 and is hoping it really is just a women's kit because Nike's given me no sense of American pride in this shirt. It's pretty irking that the women are wearing it on the biggest stage, the WC. They better not put the men in it, either.

CDNz0kgUIAA7HtP.png

I know I've posted a few times on this already, but it's legitimately making me mad. This isn't some school that has sold itself to a brand because a successful graduate founded the company. This is supposed to represent a country with established national colors that has been around since 1776. At this point, the problem lies with all parties: Nike and USSF. Shame on all of them. Nothing about this is American and it's extremely disappointing in my eyes. I see an email to Sunil Gulati in my future.

Take notes, Nike.

I agree. This exact kit with navy instead of black and a tonal red fading into white on the socks would be a great USA kit. Black & volt do not make for a great USA kit.

Archived