2015-16 Soccer Kits and News

crashcarson15

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Madrid Home. Looks as expected, but does not feel uniqe since it's pretty much like United's away shirt but with a white collar and gray instead of red.

real-madrid-15-16-home-kit%2B(1).jpg

Supposedly Bayern will have a similar look. Red shirt, darker red stripes.

I thought Bayern leaked ages ago. Isn't this it?

IVn6gsh.jpg

I don't know about that. Are there any English clubs that cycle through solid shirts/hoops/stripes and play fast and loose with shorts color the way German clubs do? Some years Bayern Munich looks like Liverpool, others Arsenal, others Barcelona. Many German clubs do this, and they're certainly more drastic changes than the typical season-to-season shift of a Man City or Everton kit. (And not every German club has these drastic changes, but it's more prevalent than most other European countries, anyway.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Digby - Good point. Only one I can think of is Southampton and West Brom. That's been more of a case of adidas not providing striped shirts this season that they wanted to use and Southampton having a few notable anniversaries over the last few years.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't know about that. Are there any English clubs that cycle through solid shirts/hoops/stripes and play fast and loose with shorts color the way German clubs do?

Hull City tend to cycle between plain and stripes. The latter have tended to be the more popular in recent years, mind - despite what my avatar would like to think.

In the past ten years we've had seven seasons with proper stripes, two with plain amber shirts with black trim, and one amber with pinstripes. Black shorts as first choice throughout, mind.

Bradford City are another example that springs to mind. In the last six seasons alone they've sported stripes, plain shirts, pinstripes, hoops, and a single vertical stripe, mixing black, claret and white shorts as first choice in different seasons.

I don't know about that. Are there any English clubs that cycle through solid shirts/hoops/stripes and play fast and loose with shorts color the way German clubs do?

Hull City tend to cycle between plain and stripes. The latter have tended to be the more popular in recent years, mind - despite what my avatar would like to think.

In the past ten years we've had seven seasons with proper stripes, two with plain amber shirts with black trim, and one amber with pinstripes. Black shorts as first choice throughout, mind.

Bradford City are another example that springs to mind. In the last six seasons alone they've sported stripes, plain shirts, pinstripes, hoops, and a single vertical stripe, mixing black, claret and white shorts as first choice in different seasons.

Norwich as well recently. They had a plain yellow shirt a couple of seasons ago, a yellow shirt with green sleeves last season, and a yellow and green combo this season.

tdKf43F.png

But all your examples are nothing against Werder Bremen's last decade of a green-white striped shirt to a green-orange Arsenal-look to a white shirt with a green sash to a green-orange halfed shirt to a white-green halfed shirt to a green shirt with white shorts.

Also Hertha went from a navy-white striped shirt to a completely royal blue kit to a completely white kit to a completely navy kit to a blue-white striped kit to another navy kit.

But you got to admit that it changed over the last few years. Many teams now try to stay with a specific look, like Hertha with their blue and white stripes, Bremen wore simple green shirts paired with white shorts for several years now, Frankfurt stays with the red and black stripes and so on. So it's no more like it was from 2000-2010.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Hannover is a bad example of that too. The started with normal red and black, then went do almost brown, then added old gold and white while removing black and now are back with a dark but good looking red with black shorts.

Archived