2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

In a perfect NHL we'd have Hartford in navy/green/silver and Vancouver in kelly and royal, no silver. Plenty of room for two great green/blue identities.

I'd personally prefer Vancouver in royal blue jerseys with Kelly green accents, while Hartford wore Kelly green with royal blue and possibly gray accents. I prefer the older Whalers colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in October 2008, my wife (still just girlfriend at the time) and I went to a Ducks/Canadiens game in Montreal. I wore my Ducks jersey while my wife brought along her Ducks jersey and had just purchased a Habs jersey before the game for her father for his birthday the next week.

There were four Habs fans behind us who chided me for being a Ducks fan while my wife told them she was a Habs fan, but became a Ducks fan after she met me. They weren't mean about it at all. In fact, during the intermission, they bought us a beer and a Coke under two conditions: 1. If the Habs score the next goal, my wife has to switch into the Habs jersey she just bought. 2. If the Ducks score again, which they said wasn't going to happen, I was not allowed to stand up and cheer.

Sure enough, the Habs scored early in the second to take a 3-2 lead, but the Ducks scored twice, both times, I just sat and clapped. After taking a 5-3 lead, they insisted she put the Ducks jersey back on. After the game ended with a Ducks 6-4 win, we shook hands, they said it wasn't so bad that I came all the way from Nova Scotia and got to see my team win and wished us a safe travel home. On our way out of the building, somea bunch of Habs fans quacked as us, but one very passionate fan shouted at us "GO BACK TO NEW YORK!" much to our confusion.

I went to Montreal for the Ducks game last year, and it was pretty much the same. Almost nothing said to me, nothing bad. Hell, the only Habs fans that I did talk to just wanted to talk about Saku Koivu, and I actually met a group of Quebecois Ducks fans, so it was a nice experience. I went to Ottawa on the same trip and was kind of disappointed. Not in fan behavior towards me, because I actually got less notice there than in Montreal, and I actually tried to provoke some conversation in Ottawa! The only thing I got was in Byward Market for lunch, when the manager was walking through and laughingly said "Who let the Ducks fan in here?"

Detroit, I was fine. Dallas, I was fine. Phoenix, I was more than fine (although one idiot wanted to argue the virtues of Shane Doan vs Corey Perry as stand-up human beings for like half a period.) And while San Jose is the only arena/stadium I've ever had beer poured on me, as a Ducks fan, Los Angeles is the worst. None of it is particularly stinging or original or smart. (One guy tried to "burn" me by saying the Honda Center has marble floors? I don't know. And I can't count the times I've heard "Emilio!" yelled at me.) It's just incessant. I've never been to a non-Ducks game at Staples Center, so I can't attest that it's always that way, but if I can take anything from the crowd/scoreboard noise on TV broadcasts, it probably is. FWIW.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Back in October 2008, my wife (still just girlfriend at the time) and I went to a Ducks/Canadiens game in Montreal. I wore my Ducks jersey while my wife brought along her Ducks jersey and had just purchased a Habs jersey before the game for her father for his birthday the next week.

There were four Habs fans behind us who chided me for being a Ducks fan while my wife told them she was a Habs fan, but became a Ducks fan after she met me. They weren't mean about it at all. In fact, during the intermission, they bought us a beer and a Coke under two conditions: 1. If the Habs score the next goal, my wife has to switch into the Habs jersey she just bought. 2. If the Ducks score again, which they said wasn't going to happen, I was not allowed to stand up and cheer.

Sure enough, the Habs scored early in the second to take a 3-2 lead, but the Ducks scored twice, both times, I just sat and clapped. After taking a 5-3 lead, they insisted she put the Ducks jersey back on. After the game ended with a Ducks 6-4 win, we shook hands, they said it wasn't so bad that I came all the way from Nova Scotia and got to see my team win and wished us a safe travel home. On our way out of the building, somea bunch of Habs fans quacked as us, but one very passionate fan shouted at us "GO BACK TO NEW YORK!" much to our confusion.

I went to Montreal for the Ducks game last year, and it was pretty much the same. Almost nothing said to me, nothing bad. Hell, the only Habs fans that I did talk to just wanted to talk about Saku Koivu, and I actually met a group of Quebecois Ducks fans, so it was a nice experience. I went to Ottawa on the same trip and was kind of disappointed. Not in fan behavior towards me, because I actually got less notice there than in Montreal, and I actually tried to provoke some conversation in Ottawa! The only thing I got was in Byward Market for lunch, when the manager was walking through and laughingly said "Who let the Ducks fan in here?"

Detroit, I was fine. Dallas, I was fine. Phoenix, I was more than fine (although one idiot wanted to argue the virtues of Shane Doan vs Corey Perry as stand-up human beings for like half a period.) And while San Jose is the only arena/stadium I've ever had beer poured on me, as a Ducks fan, Los Angeles is the worst. None of it is particularly stinging or original or smart. (One guy tried to "burn" me by saying the Honda Center has marble floors? I don't know. And I can't count the times I've heard "Emilio!" yelled at me.) It's just incessant. I've never been to a non-Ducks game at Staples Center, so I can't attest that it's always that way, but if I can take anything from the crowd/scoreboard noise on TV broadcasts, it probably is. FWIW.

Yes, there are moron King fans who can't say anything original, but they are more original and smarter than 99.9% of Duck fans. I swear some of the worst (ex: boring) stadium experiences are at Honda Center watching a game whether it's versus the Kings or some other team. You may be the only Ducks fan I know who will actually interact with the opposing team, most of them just fear anyone who wears a different jersey, and they just sit there like bumps on a log. I don't know if they are worried about when to leave to get their kiddies in bed or what. I love when Chicago, Montreal, Detroit come to Staples, you can get into some fun decent conversation/smack going during the game and then walk out with respect. One of these days, we need to attend a game together, because while I dislike most Ducks fans, at least you have game and will stand up for your team.

I take a lot of heat for being a Bruins fan here in Toronto, especially so during the Leafs-Bruins series a year ago. Although, I had the last laugh :P

Not quite:

toews940.jpg

;)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Chris Smith from Icethetics posted a mockup of what the jersey is going to look like. If the Blues decide not to go through with it, I will be extremely disappointed. The mockup looks incredible... even better than the universally acclaimed pre-edge uniforms.

ZOMG CANUCKS LEAK

xjWTrff.jpg

(To be honest, I think there's the start of a decent concept to be had with overlaying the stick-in-rink C over the chest V.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yes, there are moron King fans who can't say anything original, but they are more original and smarter than 99.9% of Duck fans. I swear some of the worst (ex: boring) stadium experiences are at Honda Center watching a game whether it's versus the Kings or some other team. You may be the only Ducks fan I know who will actually interact with the opposing team, most of them just fear anyone who wears a different jersey, and they just sit there like bumps on a log. I don't know if they are worried about when to leave to get their kiddies in bed or what. I love when Chicago, Montreal, Detroit come to Staples, you can get into some fun decent conversation/smack going during the game and then walk out with respect. One of these days, we need to attend a game together, because while I dislike most Ducks fans, at least you have game and will stand up for your team.

e240217-1.gif

That logo is awesome. Combines all the era's in a clever, humorous way unlike the above jersey using it. I believe it was done by someone named "Pfizer" who did similar things with the Islanders and Sabres.

There's something about the Blues that is really bugging me right now. Anyway, I have seen Icethetics' leak, however, something doesn't make sense. Remember when this site was given a Blues Roundel logo that was said to be a new logo for them. Take a look at it, it has no Navy Blue on it at all, while the Icethetics leak is just a slightly altered Pre-Edge jersey. I can't see the Icethetics leak being incorrect but, what about this logo. The logo could very well be nothing more than someone wanting attention and sending this site a fake logo but still, the logo has lighter colors and the year 1967 on it. Maybe it's a Prototype logo or it will be a shoulder patch. Anyway, what do you guys think because as of right now, I don't know what to think.

New-St-Louis-Blues-Logo-2015.jpg

ZOMG CANUCKS LEAK

xjWTrff.jpg

all I can say is YIKES!!!! but funniest one I ever saw so far.. whoo...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

There's something about the Blues that is really bugging me right now. Anyway, I have seen Icethetics' leak, however, something doesn't make sense. Remember when this site was given a Blues Roundel logo that was said to be a new logo for them. Take a look at it, it has no Navy Blue on it at all, while the Icethetics leak is just a slightly altered Pre-Edge jersey. I can't see the Icethetics leak being incorrect but, what about this logo. The logo could very well be nothing more than someone wanting attention and sending this site a fake logo but still, the logo has lighter colors and the year 1967 on it. Maybe it's a Prototype logo or it will be a shoulder patch. Anyway, what do you guys think because as of right now, I don't know what to think.

Fake

It's fake. It looks real at first glance, but looking at the finer details doesn't makes this easily a knockoff.

Look in the gold rings. Both of them don't have the same shade (I think that's featured in the current alt they have right now but I'm not sure)

The area where the arch touches the 2nd ring looks like a MS Paint job.

Loose pixels everywhere near the text.

The Orca logo is the cleanest, most professionally constructed and symbolic logo of the region the Canucks have had.

The spaghetti skate is exactly that. Yes it's iconic for many, but it's a dated mess of a logo and should not be reincarnated.

The updated rink in stick logo is a simple and pure design which, while I like seeing it on the front of the 3rds, isn't detailed enough of a logo to represent the primary logo for Vancouver. Shoulder logo for sure.

The Jonhnny Canuck V head logo is a shocking execution of the Johnny Canuck morphed in with a generic V shape. It's an awkward shape and I very much dislike it.

The Johnny Canuck full bodied logo is not as egregious, but it is quite detailed and I feel that it would detract from what would otherwise be a very crisp and solid blue, green and white jersey. The full body logo might end up looking like a blurred graphic a lot of the time. Florida have one, it's okay, but I'm not 100% on board.

Ranking my preferences, they would be

1. Orca

2. Stick n Rink

3. Full body JC

4. Spaghetti skate

I'm not even putting the other one on the list. Can't stand even the thought.

And the Millionaires are not the Canucks. I don't particularly like that jersey/logo anyway. Once again, the only reason why that jersey has any semblance of respect is a pure nostalgic reason. There's nothing particularly great about it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived